Go back to original file naming?
1027 15 2023-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Danergo
lvl.3
  • >>>
Hungary

Hi, I'm not very fond of the new filenaming technique DJI implemented.

It's rather hard to see which file is which by using this verylong_filename_with_custom_suffixes.mp4.

Is it somehow possible to revert back to good old DJI_0001.MP4 format?

Thank you
2023-9-23
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

No, but if you are on the Mac it's very simple to use Automator to create an app that renames the files for you.

• Open Automator
  • Select the actions from the left as shown
  • Setup the parameters on the right as shown
  • Save it as an Application
  • Now you can just drag and drop the files onto the icon and they will be renamed

Screen Shot 2023-09-23 at 11.11.15 AM.png

2023-9-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI created their new filing system and will not  change they can take it a feedback and  pass it to their Suggestion team

to make your own in win all you do is Highlight all, pick a name, done.  
2023-9-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Fishycomics Posted at 9-23 02:38
DJI created their new filing system and will not  change they can take it a feedback and  pass it to their Suggestion team

to make your own in win all you do is Highlight all, pick a name, done.

Yeah so much easier on Windows.

I also do miss those shorter names they had on OA1, drones etc.
2023-9-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-23 03:12
Yeah so much easier on Windows.

I also do miss those shorter names they had on OA1, drones etc.

Yes windows is not difficult to do but I do own a mac and  thanks for OZ... fr helping
2023-9-23
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

johansenfoto Posted at 9-23 03:12
Yeah so much easier on Windows.

I also do miss those shorter names they had on OA1, drones etc.

It is not a war on Win vs Mac. You can do the same thing on the Mac, select a series of files, right click and rename. And it will append numbers after it. But with Automator you create an app icon and you don’t have to keep entering a name all the time. Just drag and drop and done.
2023-9-23
Use props
osmonauta
Second Officer
Hungary

PS: I like the long name version. This way I can accidentally (or purposely) drop a bunch of files in the same folder and the names won’t collide.
2023-9-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2023-9-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

If you break their file name down they can  make it shorter and understandable for all
DJI_20230922_0001.MP4

All else is  Irrillivant maybe the Relivant team has the answer
2023-9-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

osmonauta Posted at 9-23 03:28
It is not a war on Win vs Mac. You can do the same thing on the Mac, select a series of files, right click and rename. And it will append numbers after it. But with Automator you create an app icon and you don’t have to keep entering a name all the time. Just drag and drop and done.

Was an answer to Fish, not bashing or trying to compete with mac, only you that took it as a competition
2023-9-23
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-23 06:56
Was an answer to Fish, to bashing or trying to compete with mac, only you that took it as a competition

yeah  Like said   Ying & Yang.
2023-9-23
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

I saw that I had a spelling error, fixed now.
2023-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Danergo. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-9-23
Use props
djiuser_hiVRdSD88rUX
New

South Africa

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-23 19:10
Hi, Danergo. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.

Please give the user to option to have shorter file names so that when transferring to iPhone via a card reader the phone can recognise the photos and videos in the Photos app. At the moment one needs to use "Files" app to transfer photos and videos on iPhones. We do this 15 times every day and it is a real hassle
2023-12-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_hiVRdSD88rUX Posted at 12-13 19:37
Please give the user to option to have shorter file names so that when transferring to iPhone via a card reader the phone can recognise the photos and videos in the Photos app. At the moment one needs to use "Files" app to transfer photos and videos on iPhones. We do this 15 times every day and it is a real hassle

Hi, there. Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the trouble that it caused you. We will forward your suggestion to our relevant team for awareness. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-12-17
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI can create this as when we open the camera

DJI can simply  do it, like what Sony did, but they want to be D J I , and  its irrelevant

instead we see a Mess and its awesome for some and others must live with it, they given us  renaming of a folder  that is all.    they Listen and only listen
2023-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules