Livestreaming setups and questions
753 3 2023-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Recently, I've been researching on how to live stream with the Pocket 2, as I could utilize it on my new job. So far, I have been able to do it on YouTube and also managed to get the RTMP stream in the OBS Studio, from which it can be then streamed to any service based on RTMP. My current test setup at home besides the Pocket 2 and the DIA Handle involves my PC, the Android device with the Mimo app, and a fixed router. Currently, I am wondering if I could get my setup into a more mobile and portable setup.

Therefore, my questions are as follows:
1) Is there a way to eliminate the PC from the equation? I tried using the YouTube website in a desktop mode on an Android device, but couldn't start the stream on YouTube Studio (No link for that in sight) nor establish the connection to the encoder software (the Mimo app, I presume?), neither using the Mimo and desktop YouTube on the same device nor having them on two separate Android devices. If I do this with a PC, the connection is established and I can see the 'Start Livestream' link on the desktop YouTube.

2) So far, I've only managed to pull off the OBS streaming with a fixed router using MonaServer. Attempting to use a mobile wifi hotspot on another Android device made the Mimo app show the live stream was started, but the Pocket 2 screen kept on showing 'Preparing to livestream' screen and no video was shown on the OBS preview window. How should one configure the wifi hotspot or mobile router to pull this off?

Thanks in advance for all the replies and insights!

2023-9-23
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Managed to make it through YouTube with a wifi hotspot instead of a fixed router, but no such luck with OBS Studio. And it does seem like it requires a PC. Anybody having contradictory experiences on the topic?
2023-9-25
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

It seems like I got it figured out. What was the key element to the solution was to make sure the computer considers the wifi hotspot network as private. For some reason, the Windows Defender's Firewall kept on switching to Public setting, however when I installed my third-party security software's firewall, it seemed to override the Windows settings and now my network is considered private. This was important, as setting up the streaming to OBS Studio uses local IP addresses to connect from camera to PC running the OBS Studio.

So, my current setup that works is:
-The Pocket 2 and the DIA Handle
-An Android phone with DJI Mimo installed
-Another Android phone for the mobile, private wifi hotspot
-The laptop PC running the required software.
All work now wirelessly and enable me to carry the setup anywhere I like.

To see further information, visit the thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=298131

Hope this helps anybody who struggles with the same issues!
2023-10-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

A small but important update to this. I managed to make it run on two phones only, completely eliminating the PC from the process. What I needed to do was to use YouTube Desktop view on my phone along with the Mimo app, then use further instructions from username buhrmi to start the stream.

Here's how to do it:
1)  Setup the livestream through the Mimo app as usual until the app says the livestream has been started.
2) Swith to an Internet browser on your phone and head to YouTube Studio Livestream section.
3) From the list of livestream names, select the livestream which has the same name as your setup on the Mimo app.
4) It will state there is an error and offers a link to fix it, click on that.
5) This should enable the "Start livestream" button on the YouTube desktop view, click on that to start the stream online.

See more at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=290285 and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =302776&pid=3194111

Hope this helps!
2023-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules