Battery / Remote Simultaneous Charge
1384 2 2015-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
josh
New

United States

I put my man-card at risk by actually reading all the manuals and watching tutorials before I flew my Inspire. What I noticed were a few inconsistencies between the 2. A couple questions:

1. Manual states DO NOT charge remote & battery simultaneously due to possibility of the charger overheating. The 2 dudes in the video tutorial actually touted this as a feature that you COULD do this. Which is it? (not being a smartass, just looking for DJI's official stance on this) Have any of you had any trouble with simultaneous charge? This may affect how many additional chargers I need to purchase. I noticed there are 2 chargers on B&H for sale, a 100w and 180w. Would the 180w be more suitable to charge both simultaneously or does it even matter?

2. Manual states DO NOT ever discharge battery to 0% yet tutorials say every 10 charges to cycle the battery by discharging to 0% then back up to full. Advice from anyone with experience in this?

Thanks!! Excited to join this community.

2015-9-2
Use props
InspireHelp
lvl.2

United States

While DJI recommends not charging the battery and remote controller at the same time, many people do it anyhow. While all will most likely be fine if you do the same, you could void your battery warranty if you somehow damage your batteries by charging both at the same time.

To cut down on your charging time, you could upgrade to the 180W battery charger. If interested, you can find links to that here:
http://www.InspireHelp.com/#UpgradesI1

Here's a good source of information on the batteries:
http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/Intelligent_Flight_Battery_Safety_Guidelines_en.pdf

Once every 20 charges, DJI recommends discharging the batteries until there is 0% power remaining. That basically means to let your Inspire 1 run until it shuts down by itself. The batteries are smart enough not to allow themselves to drain beyond a dangerous level.

www.InspireHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Inspire.
Inspires in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-9-2
Use props
josh
New

United States

InspireHelp Posted at 2015-9-2 23:28
While DJI recommends not charging the battery and remote controller at the same time, many people do ...

Fantastic, thanks for your reply.
2015-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules