Remote ID update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ELMS
lvl.2

United States

I see the P4 rtk received a firmware update for remote broadcasting.  Is there going to be a firmware update for the P4 Multispectral?
2023-9-24
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ELMS. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward your concern to our relevant team for confirmation. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-9-24
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

LOL. Note that the P4R RID update will NOT work for the P4M. Install it and you risk bricking your bird.
2023-9-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Any news on a P4M RID fw update?
2023-10-7
Use props
ELMS
lvl.2

United States

Unfortunately no.  However I do want to make everyone aware about broadcast module issues.  After hearing back from DJI they told me I would have to purchase a separate broadcast module  as they were not going to provide a firmware update to the P4 Multispectral.  I purchased the drone tag beacon.  I attached it to the back of the gimbal as it was the only flat part on the drone.  I went out for a test flight.  I inputted a preprogramed flight at a height of 150 ft using the RTK module.  The drone took off, it went past the 150 ft level to 400 ft.  At this point I paused the program and tried to get control using sticks.  At this point the drone continued to fly higher.  At 500ft I tried to use the RTH function.  GSPro at this point said there was an error.  The drone continues to climbed past 700 feet before it lost connectivity.  I have no idea were it ended up.  I contacted DJI about the DJI about the fly away and sent them them the last flight data.  According to them the drone had a constant height (200 m..that is over 600ft) and returned home. However their analysis does not show it landing.  On top of that they told me it was pilot error and that the drone tag had interfered with downward sensors so it had a problem landing.  I am not sure about the beacon interfering with the sensor system for landing but the rest of their response is just a made up story.  I have been a pilot for 6 years and have flown many missions without incident so indicating pilot error is said on their part.  They just replaced this drone and controller because I was have similar issues.  They told me the controller was bad.  This new drone had only 2 flights on it.  My point is beware of adding the broadcast  module as DJI even though they tell you to get one does not seem willing to help getting it up and running.  I had to go and purchase a new drome which was the Mavic 3M because DJI has been slow walking my problem.  They are now willing to give me a 15% discount.  That would the make the cost of the P4 more that a new Mavic 3M and it comes with a module already in place.  The last insult is I purchased this drone 1.5 months before they released the Mavic 3 M.  You would think I would have been told to wait for the newer technology at a lower price.  What a rip off.  I am not happy with DJI at the moment.  I have copied and pasted their response so you can see.  At this point be careful purchasing a broadcast module!!!!!!......  Someone including FAA should be doing a better job of requiring unproven technologies.  At the very least DJI should have done some testing....disgraceful on all parties and I am out $7000 and nobody cares.

Dora (DJI Support)
Oct 11, 2023, 18:41 GMT+8
Dear Customer,

Thanks for your patience.

This is Dora from the data analysis team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis.

For your case CAS-xxxxxxxxx-xxxx, we have finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft worked under GPS or Waypoint mode mainly in this flight. There was a constant height measured by the aircraft, which indicated that there was an extra object attached under the aircraft.  The downward vision system was blocked by the extra object, and the performance and height control of the aircraft were affected;
2. T=05:43, H=198.5 m, D=50.1 m, RTH was triggered by the pilot via the remote controller.
3. T=06:07, H=202.8 m, D=0.4 m, the aircraft arrived at the home point and entered the landing mode. However, as there was an extra object attached under the aircraft, the aircraft couldn't land normally;
4. T=07:07, H=200.5 m, D=7.7 m, the flight record ended;
5. The last point: 28.077274, -80.5990519.

According to the analysis, the incident was caused by the pilot's misoperation. Please do not attach any extra objects under the water.

If you cannot recover the product and consider purchasing another one, we can offer you a 15% off discount for Phantom 4 Multispectral without the charger and remote controller.

Please kindly send us the following information if you would like to accept the offer:
Shipping address:
Contact name:
Phone number:

Should you have more questions about the result of the data analysis, please reply to this email directly. Then we will contact you via email in 1-2 working days.

Thanks for your support. Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Dora
DJI Technical Support
YouTube:http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials

2023-10-11
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@ELMS can you please share the communication from DJI regarding their intention not to support RID on the P4M?
2023-10-12
Use props
ELMS
lvl.2

United States

[DJI Support] : RE Re: P4 multispectral RID
qiwen.zhou (DJI Support)

Jim Fletcher

Your request(#5366274)has been updated, please reply the email below.

qiwen.zhou (DJI Support)

Sep 25, 2023, 16:16 GMT+8

Dear customer,

Hi! This is Qiwen from DJI Technical Support and thanks for reaching us.

Regarding your inquiry, upon consulting with our senior engineer, we regret to tell that there is no plan to add RID feature to P4 Multispectral. Therefore, kindly mount a 3rd-party RID-MOC module to it to meet the regulations. Besides, we just got informed that the compulsory implementation of RID is postponed to Mar. 2024, so you still have time to find an appropriate RID module. Thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation.

Please feel free to reply to this E-mail directly if you have any further questions. We are always here to help you at our best.

Best regards,

Qiwen Zhou
DJI Technical Support
Online service: Click Here
Service time: 08:30-23:00 (GMT+8)
2023-10-12
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thank you @ELMS! (for the bad news).

@DJIGamora, what say you? Do you have any "updates" from your "relevant team"?
2023-10-12
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

So, is there any confirmation that the official DJI position regarding RID for the P4M is not to support it?
2023-10-13
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Wanda, @DJI Natalia, @DJI Gamora, anybody got an official DJI stance on this?
2023-10-16
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Can anybody from DJI please confirm the statements made by Qiwen Zhou in his response to ELMS' service request #5366274?
2023-10-22
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@DJI Wanda, @DJI Natalia, @DJI Gamora, anybody got an official DJI stance on this?

Can anybody from DJI please confirm the statements made by Qiwen Zhou in his response to ELMS' service request #5366274?
2023-10-25
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Over in the P4RTK RID thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 967&pid=3165430 somebody posted about a September fw update for the P4M that supports RID...

Has anybody else heard of this? DJI mods, can you comment?
2023-10-30
Use props
ELMS
lvl.2

Spain

@patiam @DJI Gamora.  I have not heard anything back from DJI about a firmware update for P4M.   I will share that I have been talking with the folks at DroneTag and they understand the issues with the P4 and the curves creating a problem mounting the tag.  They have created a tag holder that can be mounted on the leg of a P4 that will not interfere with the drone sensors.  For anyone interested the link is below.

https://shop.dronetag.cz/product ... ronetag-beacon.html
2023-11-6
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately the shipping cost exceeds that of the product for the US!
2023-11-12
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HEY DJI... HOW ABOUT AN OFFICIAL STATEMENT REGARDING RID SUPPORT FOR THE P4M?

thank you.
2023-11-19
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Japan

patiam Posted at 11-19 12:16

thank you.

thank you.
2023-12-22
Use props
51stheFrank
lvl.1

United States

This is a strong effort to get an answer, I commend you.

I purchased a dronetag for our system, but I'm not sure I even want to use it given the experience described here. DJI's support for the P4M is atrocious. There are so many issues with the P4M environment. I hate GS Pro (I count this as two strikes because terrain following significant and paid service manual intervention and the software is just not very good). DJI Terra doesn't handle geotags appropriately causing alignment issues for single band images, so I moved on to Pix4D (fine, Pix4D is better anyway - I'll hold the strike). If I could have gotten away from GS Pro and used UGCS, I think the P4M would be fine - but being forced to use iOS and GS Pro is a pita when all of their other drones use Android, and despite the best efforts of the folks at UGCS, the drone is incompatible. Now they aren't getting RID set up for the drone and are unresponsive when asked about it. Feels like a third strike to me. I'm inclined to just move on to a different multispectral option that allows for better flexibility in flight planning.
1-3 07:27
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Japan

thanks @51stheFrank. Your (valid) complaints echo mine in the Faulty Red Edge Band thread. DJI sold us (P4M owners) a half-baked and quickly abandoned solution. Despite being identical to the P4R in every way other than the MS sensor and DLS, the only RC option differed, the mobile device and GCS options were singular, calibration was unsupported, and so on and so on.

Given this experience I'd spend a lot of time talking to M3M owners before considering going that route for our next small form-factor MS platform.
1-8 04:04
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

@DJIGamora, what say you? Do you have any "updates" from your "relevant team"?

thank you.
1-21 11:06
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

WILL DJI RELEASE A RID FW UPDATE FOR THE P4MS???
3-6 07:23
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Aaaaaaaaaaand RID becomes required tomorrow. Where is DJI's official statement on RID support for the P4M?
3-15 16:15
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Disappointing, but not surprising in the least.
3-17 10:21
Use props
Pieri70
lvl.1

Italy

It's a really bad behaviour
Same problem with M2EA, purchased a little time before the M3 availability
Now we have P4M and M2EA  (14k$) that can't be used unless in A3 OC

Blame on DJI!
3-18 03:49
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

patiam Posted at 2023-10-7 07:48
Any news on a P4M RID fw update?

Hello, patiam. Please check my DM in regards to this.
3-19 03:04
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Thank you DJI Gamora. For anyone interested, it is as we feared- there will be no RID firmware update for the P4M.

The only way to fly it legally in the US now is at a FRIA or with a 3rd-party RID module.
3-19 20:39
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

patiam Posted at 3-19 20:39
Thank you DJI Gamora. For anyone interested, it is as we feared- there will be no RID firmware update for the P4M.

The only way to fly it legally in the US now is at a FRIA or with a 3rd-party RID module.

You're most welcome, patiam. Thank you for your kind understanding.
3-26 04:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules