M300 Smart Controller + RC Plus — Will They Ever Pair As A Pair?
1269 7 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steele702
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3876775 ft
  • >>>
United States

Question for the DJI 'Officials'... As of Sept '23, the Smart Controller (Enterprise) will not pair with the M300RTK if we've 'upgraded' to the firmware that enables the RC Plus to connect. I'm wondering if I should just sell the Smart Controller. Can someone company-side give a straight answer if there are any whispers about a future firmware that will enable both to work? Here is what I'm relying on DJI to help me avoid:
1. No answer / template answer and I sit on this thing until it's lost most of its value.
2. I sell the controller and a week later new firmware comes out that enables simultaneous connections.

My goal is to have my operator use the original controller, or sell it and put it towards a second RC Plus Controller. Either way, I'd like to make an informed decision sooner than later.

Please note, 'maybe' is a somewhat acceptable answer. Corporate jargon pre-approved by the legal and social media teams, are not. If you need examples of unacceptable answers, here's a quick guide:
“We are committed to providing our customers with a best-in-class experience."
"We are constantly innovating to meet the needs of our customers."
"We are working hard to address your concerns."
"We appreciate your feedback."

Thanks in advance for your time.
2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. We confirmed your question with our engineers.
Due to the differences in the hardware of the two remotes, we are sorry that it can not be resolved by updating the firmware. Currently, the solution for using both controllers with M300 RTK is:  
After the Matrice 300 RTK is updated to a version that is compatible with DJI RC Plus, the Matrice 300 RTK will not be able to be used with the DJI Smart Controller Enterprise. To use the Matrice 300 RTK with DJI Smart Controller Enterprise again, users need to update the Matrice 300 RTK firmware to v7.00.01.00 via offline update with DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series).
You can choose an appropriate controller based on your requirements.
2023-9-25
Use props
WMFIREMEDIC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2057175 ft
United States

Wanda,
You state "Currently, the solution for using both controllers with M300 RTK is:"
Can you please confirm with the engineers that there is no plans or development in process that will eventually allow the Smart Controller to work with the RC Plus?
I echo Steel 702 that there are many operators who have upgraded to the RC Plus and fear selling their Smart Controllers because DJI may allow the use of both  (pilot with Smart Controller and payload operator with the RC Plus).
2023-10-19
Use props
Steele702
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-25 03:41
Hello, there. We confirmed your question with our engineers.
Due to the differences in the hardware of the two remotes, we are sorry that it can not be resolved by updating the firmware. Currently, the solution for using both controllers with M300 RTK is:  
After the Matrice 300 RTK is updated to a version that is compatible with DJI RC Plus, the Matrice 300 RTK will not be able to be used with the DJI Smart Controller Enterprise. To use the Matrice 300 RTK with DJI Smart Controller Enterprise again, users need to update the Matrice 300 RTK firmware to v7.00.01.00 via offline update with DJI Assistant 2 (Enterprise Series).

Ok cool that helps me out. Thanks Wanda, I appreciate you pinging the engineers for me.
2023-11-9
Use props
Steele702
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

WMFIREMEDIC Posted at 10-19 08:46
Wanda,
You state "Currently, the solution for using both controllers with M300 RTK is:"
Can you please confirm with the engineers that there is no plans or development in process that will eventually allow the Smart Controller to work with the RC Plus?

WMFIREMEDIC It really doesn’t sound like it… I’m gonna take a leap of faith here and just sell that smart controller….. Now if they wind up doin a 180 on me, DJI corporate headquarters will be the lucky recipients of my cats carefully packaged excrement for no less than one year.... ;)
2023-11-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

WMFIREMEDIC Posted at 10-19 08:46
Wanda,

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. We confirmed with our engineers.

We are sorry that there is no solution if you want to use DJI Smart Controller Enterprise and DJI RC Plus with Matrice 300 RTK at the same time without downloading or uploading the firmware.

Due to the differences in the hardware of the two remotes, we are sorry that it can not be resolved by updating the firmware.
Thank you for your understanding and support.
Note: We can receive notification only if you click Reply.
2023-11-9
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Steele702 Posted at 11-9 02:42
Ok cool that helps me out. Thanks Wanda, I appreciate you pinging the engineers for me.

You are most welcome.
2023-11-9
Use props
Drone Media Imaging
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1424104 ft
United Kingdom

It appears that the RC Plus comes in two flavours one for the Inspire 3 and one of the Matrice line. If you are delivered the IP3 version it is not compatible with the Matrice line in my case the M300. The RC Plus has no facility to down grade the firmware to v01.02.04.40 and does not provide an offline firmware update option as it does on the RC Pro or in DA2 M300.... DJI have failed to provide any informaiton on this. I have had no choice but to insist on a full refund from my bemused seller! This is typical DJI BS as usual.... Why would they not either clear mark each RC Plus or make then comapitble or allow the changing of the firmware...??
2023-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules