New DJI Mini 4 Pro Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
45389 322 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Lenz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3740 ft
Germany

Paul Lenz Posted at 10-9 03:29
I am just switching from Mavic 2 Zoom to Mini 4 PRO.
I really like the feature that I can correct AE with the right wheel!
But I am missing two features which were possible on Mavic 2 Zoom:

Yesterday I found another stupid behaviour. I placed my big landing pad on high gras and let my Mini 4 PRO fly and return home automatically. 2 m above the landing pad it decided to stop because it found that the landing conditions are too bad. Seems that it considered only the high gras and did not consider the landing pad it started from.
2023-10-11
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkieboy00 Posted at 10-9 11:22
Thanks for the reply, here are two links to show the drone movement. One is inside the house and it wabbles and moves left and right. The second video is outdoors with a wind of 6-8 mph. The drone has been calibrated multiple times and still no change. My mini 3 was incredible stable indoors and outdoors.

https://youtube.com/shorts/BeXDN90ojsw?feature=shared

Might be a stupid reply but did you remove the thin piece of felt behind the gimbal, it seems the gimbal is not steadying the camera. Try a gimbal calibration if it's not the felt packing.
2023-10-11
Use props
Monkieboy00
lvl.3
Flight distance : 101188 ft

United States

Mavic57Minis Posted at 10-11 07:48
Might be a stupid reply but did you remove the thin piece of felt behind the gimbal, it seems the gimbal is not steadying the camera. Try a gimbal calibration if it's not the felt packing.

Yeah that piece was removed and the drone has been calibrated several times. pretty sure i have a bad drone and it should be replaced under warranty
2023-10-11
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Monkieboy00 Posted at 10-11 10:18
Yeah that piece was removed and the drone has been calibrated several times. pretty sure i have a bad drone and it should be replaced under warranty

I had a bad Mini 3 Pro, the camera was out of focus in one area, replaced by major retailer with no problem.
2023-10-12
Use props
Captain....Kirk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19094 ft
Canada

Yesterday I bought a mini 4 pro from best buy canada. In setting it up and out of curiosity I weighed it on a digital scale with standard ( not. Plus or mini 3 ) battery. No strobe, camera filter nor any other add ons.
The weight return was 251 grams. Anyone else noticed this problem? Tried weighing on another digital scale same result.
2023-10-18
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

Captain....Kirk Posted at 10-18 05:52
Yesterday I bought a mini 4 pro from best buy canada. In setting it up and out of curiosity I weighed it on a digital scale with standard ( not. Plus or mini 3 ) battery. No strobe, camera filter nor any other add ons.
The weight return was 251 grams. Anyone else noticed this problem? Tried weighing on another digital scale same result.

Out of curiosity as well, I weighed my M4P. I bought the FMC so only the Plus batteries, no Standard. Here is what I have...

- aircraft only: 172.3g
- 3 batteries were on avg: 120.2
- Total a/c + batt: 292.7
2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thanks for the reply, here are two links to show the drone movement. One is inside the house and it wabbles and moves left and right. The second video is outdoors with a wind of 6-8 mph. The drone has been calibrated multiple times and still no change. My mini 3 was incredible stable indoors and outdoors.

Hi, Monkieboy00. Thank you for the links. Let me forward this to our relevant team for further checking. I'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Paul Lenz Posted at 10-9 03:29
I am just switching from Mavic 2 Zoom to Mini 4 PRO.
I really like the feature that I can correct AE with the right wheel!
But I am missing two features which were possible on Mavic 2 Zoom:

Hi, Paul Lenz. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience. We'd like you to know that we appreciate your valuable suggestions. We will forward your concern to our related department. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Monkieboy00. Thank you for patiently waiting. Please try the steps below:

1. Ensure that the aircraft mode is normal, i.e., the GPS signal is strong and the aircraft is in non-ATTI mode.
2. Check whether the device drift or unsteady hovering is within the hovering accuracy range.
3. Please try moving to another flight environment to test.
4. Check the propellers and the state of the motors. Check whether any motor rotates abnormally when the propellers are not mounted.
5. Confirm that there is no magnetic interference. It is recommended to place the aircraft on level ground for IMU calibration and compass calibration.
6. Check whether the control stick is being pushed. If the stick movement is offset, the remote controller should be calibrated.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted.
2023-10-19
Use props
fansa908b380
lvl.2
Flight distance : 326818 ft
Canada

Any extensive vibration could get IMU crazy and make drone less stable, imho.
2023-10-19
Use props
him7403
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405262 ft
  • >>>
Canada

was there a new firmware today?
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

him7403 Posted at 10-30 15:00

Hi there. No newer firmware for the Mini 4 Pro as of the moment. You can check this link for further details about the current firmware: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_EN.pdf. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-31
Use props
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

him7403 Posted at 10-30 15:00

There was a firmware update for the RC 2 controller. Pretty substantial in size. Biggest feature was removing height limitations for EU countries.
2023-10-31
Use props
djiuser_U2MhJzxvSZiI
New
Flight distance : 2132398 ft

United States

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLdIjsThZUY&t=56s
2023-11-3
Use props
Richard in Boise
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34721 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 9-26 11:04
Batteries need to be updated at the same time. After fully updating RC and Drone, put the next battery in, switch on and check firmware update, follow instructions, ditto for any other batteries you have.

Thanks for the reminder
2023-11-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_U2MhJzxvSZiI Posted at 11-3 08:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLdIjsThZUY&t=56s

Hi, djiuser_U2MhJzxvSZiI. Is there anything that we can help you with? We tried checking the video but it seems to be deleted already. Please let us know if you need assistance with the Mini 4 Pro drone.
2023-11-6
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-6 05:39
Hi, djiuser_U2MhJzxvSZiI. Is there anything that we can help you with? We tried checking the video but it seems to be deleted already. Please let us know if you need assistance with the Mini 4 Pro drone.

Thanks for replying, it was solved, and we were able to do the activation later in the evening after seeing some here post that they had been succesful after emcountering the same issue. My opinion is that DJI's server is just too busy, or they are uploading or changing something on their end.
2023-11-6
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152605 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-25 05:56
Seeing mixed reviews about the camera sensor,  some reviews are saying same as Mini 3 Pro with improved ISP others are saying same as Air3.    Tempted if the photo quality is improved.

I have both the M3P and M4P. I’ve compared photos from these drones with photos from Air 3 shared by family member. No difference in photo quality, but perhaps no surprise as they all use same sized sensor
2023-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steph Jant Posted at 11-8 03:41
I have both the M3P and M4P. I’ve compared photos from these drones with photos from Air 3 shared by family member. No difference in photo quality, but perhaps no surprise as they all use same sized sensor

Interesting you dont see a benefit from the Air3 as thats got a very different stacked sensor than the M3/M4Pros.
2023-11-8
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 11-8 03:54
Interesting you dont see a benefit from the Air3 as thats got a very different stacked sensor than the M3/M4Pros.

According to DJI M4P sensor is stacked. Anyway, the photo quality is the same between the 3 drones IMO. Glad I didn’t spend all that extra money buying the Air 3
2023-11-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steph Jant Posted at 11-8 04:28
According to DJI M4P sensor is stacked. Anyway, the photo quality is the same between the 3 drones IMO. Glad I didn’t spend all that extra money buying the Air 3

According to the reviewers who confirmed with DJI the Mini 3 and Min 4 Pro camera is the same and just a now ISP was changed on the Mini 4.  DJI here confused it as the same only due to their sensor size.  
2023-11-8
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I’m confused. DJI has just issued aircraft FW v01.00.0210 and all it does is fix some known issues (whatever that means). But then in the same thread they list in detail the updates for an older aircraft FW update - v01.00.0200 - issued in September. Why?
2023-11-8
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steph Jant Posted at 11-8 06:16
I’m confused. DJI has just issued aircraft FW v01.00.0210 and all it does is fix some known issues (whatever that means). But then in the same thread they list in detail the updates for an older aircraft FW update - v01.00.0200 - issued in September. Why?
They just change the title when they issue a new firmware and post it before the previous update, it means all firmware updates can be seen in the same place, same in the Air 3 firmware thread. Why the confusion ?

What was annoying there was a RC2 firmware update a few weeks ago, which was only showing in the Air 3 thread, Why they did n't post that in the Mini4 thread as well. Probably many did n't know there was a RC2 update for the Mini 4 pro.

I think they rely on users getting the pop up on their remote.
2023-11-8
Use props
ArcaneXVI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499951 ft

United States

I would have loved a bit more clarity as well and honestly a separate thread but their company, their rules.
2023-11-8
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No update for my RC2, however the drone did need an update. Tried another a battery to see if all the batteries needed updating, they did n't trigger a further update.
2023-11-8
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

No goggles? wow!
2023-11-8
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

Too bad metric to imperial units weren't fixed yet.
2023-11-8
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

H3llo Posted at 9-25 08:23
Why can't we buy the Mini 4 Pro only (Without RC) ??? I have already the RC-2 and RC-N2 controller!
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=298229

Are you kidding?  That's how they make money.
Just tell dji to exclude remote & you'll still buy for $759
2023-11-8
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can confirm the Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0210 released on 08/11/2023 doesn’t fix the issue where importing content to iOS using the Apple SD card reader doesn’t show any content on the micro SD card. It can still be viewed when using the Files app and saved to the camera roll this way.
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 11-6 08:10
Thanks for replying, it was solved, and we were able to do the activation later in the evening after seeing some here post that they had been succesful after emcountering the same issue. My opinion is that DJI's server is just too busy, or they are uploading or changing something on their end.

Hi, Manitobahunter. Thank you for the update. We're glad that the drone has been activated already. Should you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us again here at DJI Forum. Happy flying!
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Steph Jant. All firmware updates for DJI Mini 4 Pro will be posted on this thread thus you will see the date on the title changing. Fixed some known issues are issues that the users usually report.
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mavic57Minis Posted at 11-8 08:20
No update for my RC2, however the drone did need an update. Tried another a battery to see if all the batteries needed updating, they did n't trigger a further update.

Hi, Mavic57Minis. Thank you for reaching out. Please make sure that the RC or mobile phone is connected to a strong internet connection. If the issue persists, please use DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series) to update them. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

We're sorry for the inconvenience, KnNLmS. Currently, no Goggles are supported with the Mini 4 Pro but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-8 14:13
Too bad metric to imperial units weren't fixed yet.

Hi, djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga. Thank you for reaching out. Are you using an android phone? If so, we're sorry for the inconvenience as the units setting in "Control Settings - Units" cannot influence the distance units in Flight Data Center for Android DJI Fly App but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-11-8
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-8 19:41
Hi, Steph Jant. All firmware updates for DJI Mini 4 Pro will be posted on this thread thus you will see the date on the title changing. Fixed some known issues are issues that the users usually report.

Thanks for your message. I’ve not noticed that before. I assumed that only details relating to the most recent FW update would be in the thread, but looking at the Action 4 page (another DJI product I own) I note that the FW update posted on 18 Oct also included details of an earlier FW update released in September
2023-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Malakai_UK Posted at 11-8 15:04
I can confirm the Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0210 released on 08/11/2023 doesn’t fix the issue where importing content to iOS using the Apple SD card reader doesn’t show any content on the micro SD card. It can still be viewed when using the Files app and saved to the camera roll this way.

Hi, Malakai_UK. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI folder and file naming convention we currently use extends the JEITA & CIPA standard DCF naming convention, mainly to facilitate users' material organization and selection by optimizing the user's material presentation sorting, such as

1. Support custom directory/material naming.
2. Intuitively distinguish pano, timelapse, hyper-lapse, and other advanced function mode materials.
3. Added timestamp information directly in the naming.
4. Can directly distinguish materials shot by different cameras, such as lenses with different focal lengths.

However, due to the extensive expansion of the DJI folder and file naming conventions, there are a few compatibility issues (such as the Apple camera SD card adapter), so it may not be possible to directly use the system's built-in media library to browse and import materials. If you encounter this kind of problem, it is recommended to connect the storage medium to the target device "by file transfer" and enter the system "File" -> "SD card" -> "DCIM" to browse, download, and process materials. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-11-9
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-8 19:57
Hi, djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga. Thank you for reaching out. Are you using an android phone? If so, we're sorry for the inconvenience as the units setting in "Control Settings - Units" cannot influence the distance units in Flight Data Center for Android DJI Fly App but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.

Yes, have android phone.
It seems like this would be standard protocol for all drones, especially knowing that imperial units is main measurement unit in usa.
2023-11-9
Use props
ArcaneXVI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 499951 ft

United States

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-9 07:26
Yes, have android phone.
It seems like this would be standard protocol for all drones, especially knowing that imperial units is main measurement unit in usa.

Freedom units work correctly in most places. They just need to clean up the last outliers.
2023-11-9
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

ArcaneXVI Posted at 11-9 08:41
Freedom units work correctly in most places. They just need to clean up the last outliers.

Then, why don't they?  Never heard term freedom units used before but understand what you mean, i guess.
2023-11-9
Use props
djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga
lvl.3

United States

What does the new prop guard do in this release?  Keep obsticle avoidance active?
2023-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules