New DJI Mini 4 Pro Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
45437 322 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-9 07:26
Yes, have android phone.
It seems like this would be standard protocol for all drones, especially knowing that imperial units is main measurement unit in usa.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga. Rest assured that we will forward your feedback to our relevant team. Thank you for your kund understanding and continued support.
2023-11-9
Use props
Jan Spacil
lvl.4

Czechia

I updated the fw in M4P yesterday, it was an interesting experience.

It was my second update of M4P, the first one was right after I bought the M4P. I updated both the drone and RC2 and everything went fine.
Yesterday I tried to update the drone to the latest version from 08/11. I placed the drone in a place with active cooling (although the drone switches to ECO mode during the update) to eliminate any overheating problems (a good place with ventilation is the top of a Xiaomi air purifier).

The RC2 was connected to a fast WLAN, the update started, and at about 40% through the update the progress stopped and a while later a message about failed update appeared, with instructions to reboot the device and repeat the update process.

So I turned the drone off and on, but the drone didn't connect to RC2 anymore. I also tried re-pairing according to the instructions, the drone was switched to pairing mode, but did not connect.
I turned both devices off and on several times and set the drone in the pairing mode, the result was the same.
I thought that the interrupted update had corrupted the fw in the drone and that a warranty claim would be necessary... And then I thought to turn on the Bluetooth in RC2 and try to search for the drone. And indeed it appeared in the device list.
When I tried to pair via Bluetooth, the drone probably didn't connect. Still, when I tried 'normal pairing' again in RC2, fortunately, the video signal from the drone's camera had already started to transfer to RC2 and everything was connected fine.

As a result, I ran the fw update again in the drone, the data was already downloaded, so the update process started at 40% and went through to the end fine.
Maybe this will help someone if they find themselves in a similar situation.
2023-11-10
Use props
flying camel
New

Spain

Hello DJI. Whenever you make the mini 4 pro I own compatible with FPV goggles 2, I will purchase the Avata to have a killer combo. Meanwhile, I’ll just wait.
2023-11-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

flying camel Posted at 11-10 14:29
Hello DJI. Whenever you make the mini 4 pro I own compatible with FPV goggles 2, I will purchase the Avata to have a killer combo. Meanwhile, I’ll just wait.

Hi, flying camel. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, DJI Goggles are not compatible with Mini 4 Pro but I will take it as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. All significant suggestions will be implemented after the evaluation of our relevant team. For the latest updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at ( www.dji.com ). Thank you.
2023-11-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jan Spacil Posted at 11-10 00:20

It was my second update of M4P, the first one was right after I bought the M4P. I updated both the drone and RC2 and everything went fine.

Hi, Jan Spacil. Thank you for sharing your resolution. The Bluetooth connection will not really work with the drone and RC2 because it is used for the QuickTransfer feature only. Hope this helps. Thank you for your support.
2023-11-11
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152605 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_r2DpuRATjmea Posted at 10-8 09:19
I recently purchased the mini 4 pro and I'm loving it compared to my mini 3. However, this drone needs more software updates, mainly with the stability. My mini 3 was very stable in no wind and windy conditions.  However, the mini 4 pro is not as stable. Hovering in still conditions this drone is pretty wabbly and any breeze seems to cause it to struggle and at times it's noticeable on camera. I hope DJI will continue to improve this awesome drone in the months to come.

Could be your drone has a problem.  My M4P is very stable even in strong wind
2023-11-11
Use props
trainee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124469 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-8 19:41
Hi, Steph Jant. All firmware updates for DJI Mini 4 Pro will be posted on this thread thus you will see the date on the title changing. Fixed some known issues are issues that the users usually report.

It's frustrating not knowing which "issues" have been addressed - especially for the folk who have reported issues. Could you please tell me if it is still possible to receive a VLOS-disruptive mid-flight alert about a firmware update when flying at home, ie within wi-fi range?
2023-11-11
Use props
Iczeman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8429108 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

Jan Spacil Posted at 11-10 00:20

It was my second update of M4P, the first one was right after I bought the M4P. I updated both the drone and RC2 and everything went fine.

Hi Jan / Zdravím Honzo :-)

I had exactly the same issue as you have described but in my case I went directly to DJI Assistant 2 to perform the update without any issues.

2023-11-11
Use props
djiuser_NOoIFGyqU1sC
New
Flight distance : 39980 ft

Thailand

Guys, I’ve just bought a DJI mini 4 Pro, and i can’t active track like the guys on youtube. In every video it shows a wheel but where you can drag your finger over and decide it path. Mine only got the letters in a small wheel where i need to click on the boxes like F & B
2023-11-12
Use props
Jan Spacil
lvl.4

France

Iczeman Posted at 11-11 23:29
Hi Jan / Zdravím Honzo :-)

I had exactly the same issue as you have described but in my case I went directly to DJI Assistant 2 to perform the update without any issues.

Hi / Ahoj :],

I didn't know this sw, thanks!
I hope that next time will be fw update without any problems, but if so, there is another way how to solve this issue, nice.
2023-11-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_NOoIFGyqU1sC Posted at 11-12 04:44
Guys, I’ve just bought a DJI mini 4 Pro, and i can’t active track like the guys on youtube. In every video it shows a wheel but where you can drag your finger over and decide it path. Mine only got the letters in a small wheel where i need to click on the boxes like F & B

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Is it fine if you show us what you can see on your end? Thank you.
2023-11-13
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Just a quick observation, I did the update and my download stopped at 40% for a minute or so as the drone went into its eco mode, curious as I have a fan pointed at my drones when I'm doing an update so doubt it actually got hot, it must be activated after a certain amount of time on, while in a static position. The RC2 controller gave me the option of cancelling the update in a popup, but I waited a minute and the update resumed and completed normally. I haven't noticed the update did anything, but possibly the light on the bottom came on at a lower altitude when I was landing in the dark with the light set to auto.
2023-11-13
Use props
djiuser_NOoIFGyqU1sC
New
Flight distance : 39980 ft

Laos

DJI Tony Posted at 11-13 02:04
Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Is it fine if you show us what you can see on your end? Thank you.
When I track myself it shows the option active track. When I click it shows a little wheel with the button B F L R. When I look at videos of people who are using this option it shows an active interface wheel in which you can swipe. It doesn’t shows on mine. I can’t seem to add a picture.
2023-11-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_NOoIFGyqU1sC Posted at 11-13 22:48
When I track myself it shows the option active track. When I click it shows a little wheel with the button B F L R. When I look at videos of people who are using this option it shows an active interface wheel in which you can swipe. It doesn’t shows on mine. I can’t seem to add a picture.

Hi. Did you try dragging the tracking direction icon or just tapping a dot on the trace wheel? You can post a photo or a video on this thread. Have a nice day.
2023-11-14
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-9 05:30
Hi, Malakai_UK. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI folder and file naming convention we currently use extends the JEITA & CIPA standard DCF naming convention, mainly to facilitate users' material organization and selection by optimizing the user's material presentation sorting, such as

1. Support custom directory/material naming.

Thanks for this reply. Clears this up for me.
2023-11-16
Use props
FrankieCarbone
lvl.1
United States

good update, but so far its a big slap in the face for us who have spent over a thousand dollars on a rc pro and it still cannot be used on the newer drones (dji air 3, dji mini 4)
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_Uf3aPaEUGnWM
New
France

djiuser_d3Bi7bZgYQga Posted at 11-9 11:00
What does the new prop guard do in this release?  Keep obsticle avoidance active?

Videos do not work properly. One image appears and then grey screen, later another image and soon again a grey screen and so on.

What to do?

The drone mini4 pro is new. Photos are OK. All videos have the same problem.
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_Uf3aPaEUGnWM
New
France

djiuser_Uf3aPaEUGnWM Posted at 11-18 05:00
Videos do not work properly. One image appears and then grey screen, later another image and soon again a grey screen and so on.

What to do?

I changed the memory card. The problem is the same...
2023-11-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Uf3aPaEUGnWM Posted at 11-18 05:00
Videos do not work properly. One image appears and then grey screen, later another image and soon again a grey screen and so on.

What to do?

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Is it just a blank screen on the remote controller after the DJI logo or just the image transmission? Will it be fine if you show us a video containing the issue? You can upload it to Google Drive or YouTube and then post the link here. Thank you very much.
2023-11-18
Use props
djiuser_877G8AqpMRMB
New
United Kingdom

I can’t get this firmware, tried through the RC2 controller but I get a ‘server error try later’ message. I tried through DJI assistant 2 but I get ‘No firmware list’

I’ve tried restarting, logging out and back in again on both but still to no avail

Any help as to what to try next would be appreciated!
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_877G8AqpMRMB Posted at 11-19 04:35
I can’t get this firmware, tried through the RC2 controller but I get a ‘server error try later’ message. I tried through DJI assistant 2 but I get ‘No firmware list’

I’ve tried restarting, logging out and back in again on both but still to no avail

Hi there, you could please follow the below steps and try to troubleshoot, thanks.

1. Please check if the RC system date&time zone is consistent with the local time. If not, please set as the same to retry.

2. It is recommended that users check their current network status, try using another network and log in with their DJI accounts again.

3. Please try to use the correct DJI Assistant 2 software to upgrade the firmware. The download link is as following. https://www.dji.com/uk/mini-4-pro/downloads
2023-11-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Malakai_UK Posted at 11-16 09:04
Thanks for this reply. Clears this up for me.

You're most welcome. Should you have further concerns, please feel free to keep us posted. Cheers!
2023-11-20
Use props
wynquest9206
lvl.1
Canada

For the life of me I cannot seem to successfully update to the latest firmware, despite ensuring the battery is full, I'm using DJI Assistant 2 latest version, strong internet wired connection and USB to computer.  Fails at 68% - 4th try now.  Not sure if there is something wrong with my drone but this is not normal, should not be this hard to update.
2023-11-20
Use props
djiuser_877G8AqpMRMB
New
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 11-19 06:32
Hi there, you could please follow the below steps and try to troubleshoot, thanks.

1. Please check if the RC system date&time zone is consistent with the local time. If not, please set as the same to retry.

Thanks, turned out to be a specific country I had blocked in my firewall!
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

wynquest9206 Posted at 11-20 19:34
For the life of me I cannot seem to successfully update to the latest firmware, despite ensuring the battery is full, I'm using DJI Assistant 2 latest version, strong internet wired connection and USB to computer.  Fails at 68% - 4th try now.  Not sure if there is something wrong with my drone but this is not normal, should not be this hard to update.

Have you already tried upgrading using the DJI Fly app from your remote or phone instead? If possible, use a different mobile device and try again. For example, switch an iOS device to an Android device. Please keep us posted. Have a great day ahead.
2023-11-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_877G8AqpMRMB Posted at 11-21 21:28
Thanks, turned out to be a specific country I had blocked in my firewall!

No worries. May I know if it has been solved?  If you need further assistance, please feel free to let us know.
2023-11-23
Use props
djiuser_pjRiczXn0f6b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104564 ft
Colombia

RobZilla Posted at 9-25 05:35
Nice, looking forward to some reviews with videos and photos of the new aircraft.  Hopefully the new RC2 will be compatible with older aircraft?!

It doesn't.  The rc seems compatible with mini 4 and air 3. I did give it a go with my old drone , mini se, and I couldn't make them pair
2023-11-26
Use props
Davidk32
New

India

Same issue is happening with me after getting  Mini 4 PRO.
2023-12-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Davidk32 Posted at 12-6 23:59
Same issue is happening with me after getting  Mini 4 PRO.

Hi, Davidk32. We are more than glad to help. If I may ask, may I know what issue are you experiencing? Thank you.
2023-12-7
Use props
Pedro from Oz
New

Cambodia

cant find the "return home" button on DJI mini 2, only "land here" option ?  i havent used it in a few months
2023-12-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Pedro from Oz Posted at 12-7 22:16
cant find the "return home" button on DJI mini 2, only "land here" option ?  i havent used it in a few months

Hi there, Pedro from Oz. Sorry about the inconvenience. May I know what happens when you select the "Land here" option, will it be fine to show us a screenshot? Thank you very much.
2023-12-8
Use props
goldie wilson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213143 ft
United States

just drowned my very first drone within hours of both, the expiration of the dji refresh replace, and missed the firmware update. going flying was wonderful for 55 minutes total. now I'm out 900 dollars and my drone is at the bottom of a lake.
2023-12-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

goldie wilson Posted at 12-9 22:20
just drowned my very first drone within hours of both, the expiration of the dji refresh replace, and missed the firmware update. going flying was wonderful for 55 minutes total. now I'm out 900 dollars and my drone is at the bottom of a lake.

Hi there, we are sorry to read about the accident, that must be frustrating for you. May I know if you have retrieved the drone?

If not, please report a flyaway case here https://repair.dji.com/repair/flyaway-apply or contact our support at http://www.dji.com/support to start a case.
We will help to apply for data analysis if the drone is under the warranty period to find out the cause of the accident, if it's a warranty case, we will compensate the drone according to After-Sales Policy.
2023-12-9
Use props
fans4287815f
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

pinballwiz Posted at 9-27 13:44
When will the Mini 4 Pro get compatibility with DJI Goggles 2 and DJI RC Motion 2? We already saw the Mavic Air 3 got a firmware update, so we know technically there is nothing stopping the Mini 4 Pro from getting the firmware as well.

I too am interested in the 4P with the goggles..?
2023-12-14
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 980066 ft
Italy

fans4287815f Posted at 12-14 03:40
I too am interested in the 4P with the goggles..?

The new firmware adds the support to goggles.
2023-12-21
Use props
GGenge007
lvl.2
Flight distance : 318885 ft

Canada

I was able to update the Motion Controller 2, Goggles Integra, and Mini 4 Pro, and I can fly using the goggles setup. But I am getting a warning saying "Not using bound device" and it gives a serial number "6UZBL8H02108X" that does not match ANY of my devices. And it is now saying I have only 1 flight left. How do I bind what to the goggles with the DJI Fly app, I don't get it. And will I have to rebind every time I switch from flying the Avata and the M4P using the goggles? Doesnt make any sense to me. Can you explain how this works, please?
2023-12-21
Use props
greg_p
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243865 ft

France

Damn that firmware update is frightenining... 3 failed attempt on the first part (before the drone starts updating. 4 reboot of the drone with red lights flashing, Even the RC2 takes a lots of times, much more than the 8 minutes indicated. Just let a lot of time to do it, even if remotes disconnect very early.
2023-12-21
Use props
djiuser_61R3yp87RalG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 327523 ft
United States

Excellent !When and where can we find an updated manual describing new features and how to use them ?
2023-12-22
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152605 ft
United Kingdom

goldie wilson Posted at 12-9 22:20

Why would you fly such an expensive piece of kit without extending the DJI Care Refresh cover?
2023-12-22
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_61R3yp87RalG Posted at 12-22 07:32
Excellent !When and where can we find an updated manual describing new features and how to use them ?

This should be of some help:

2023-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules