New DJI Mini 4 Pro Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
45244 321 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tweeks71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 306562 ft
United Kingdom

21 Dec 2023 - DJI MINI 4 Pro (firmware update). Can active track be used to track a vehicle? If not how does one track (actively follow) a vehicle with the new firmware installed?

Thanks - merry Xmas!
2023-12-23
Use props
wynquest9206
lvl.1
Canada

Jan Spacil Posted at 11-10 00:20
I updated the fw in M4P yesterday, it was an interesting experience.

It was my second update of M4P, the first one was right after I bought the M4P. I updated both the drone and RC2 and everything went fine.

I find updating the firmware to be quite the ordeal, I've tried 5 times already and it keeps failing.  First tried via the RC2 controller, then via cable, batteries full, just keeps failing - not sure why it's so difficult to update the firmware each time, there must be a better way.
2023-12-23
Use props
djiuser_fyneSmqczgvi
New
Flight distance : 9285 ft

United States

Great firmware - I just got my Integra and Remote 2 and can't wait to tryout FPV with my new mini 4 pro.  However, I would like to say that upgrading the firmware on each device SHOULD BE THE SAME PROCESS.  I should be able to plug each device (the mini 4 pro, the remote 2, and the integra) into my computer (mac) and update all of them in the Assistant 2 app.  Having to update the mini with the RC2, the remote 2 with the app on the computer, and the integra via my phone, is ridiculous.  It would be fine if I could update all with the fly app on my phone, but the remote 2 cannot be updated there. I understand the mini 4 needing to be updated with the RC2, but still - why must I use 3 different methods to update the firmware on these 3 devices?!?  Just assinine.
2023-12-23
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

DJI, I noticed something while trying out the new auto mode for active shots 360. When I have a screen shot running, and begin the active shot, by default the stop button for the active shot is covered up by the screenshot recording time and stop button. Neither one worked while the were on top of one another, so had to hit the brake button on the controller before the drone got too close to a tree. I was able to move the screenshot recording time/stop across the screen out of the way for the duration of the screen recording, but with each new recording it reappeared on top of the stop button for the  active shot. Maybe a tweak to have it initially appear just above the active shot controls or off to the middle of the left side on the controller screen would be helpful for the next update.
Also after my 15 minutes of messing around with the new auto active shot feature, which was very cool by the way, I noticed when I directed the drones camera to my homepoint, it wasn't showing the circled yellow H and dot on my homepoint. I landed and restarted the drone and controller, took off and flew a ways away, directed the drones camera to the home point and it was now displaying the circled yellow H and dot on the homepoint, so things were back to normal, and I allowed the drone to return to home and land on the pad on its own, which it did an excellent job of in the low light conditions I was flying in. Having the controller display a bright yellow H and dot where I am standing is one of the the most useful innovations I've seen in a DJI product. Not so in my opinion for the camera view through the vision sensors, lol, interesting, but perhaps a nice blue slide button in settings to disable it for those like myself that will look at it once to check it out and then never use it again could be added in the next update.
Overall a great bunch of additions to an already amazing drone and controller. My next purchase is the motion controller and a set of goggles!
2023-12-23
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Will add a short note here. Went out flying this morning. Did a compass calibration in an area free of interference first. Then flew a ways away, and turn around, H is moving around controller screen edges correctly, and tilt the gimbal down and there's the big yellow H and dot on my landing pad. Take the drone out to the middle of the field, do a short 5 minute auto active shot on myself, which worked fine. Stopped the active shot and flew a distance away, same as yesterday, yellow H around the outside of my screen, but no homepoint H and dot on my landing pad. I took a chance and let it auto return to home and the green AR thingy appeared and it came back and landed on the pad. So this is a matter of the software not displaying the home point H and dot after using the auto active track feature. After landing the drone , I turned the drone off and back on, flew a distance away, turned around and there's the yellow H and dot on my landing pad same as yesterday. I'll add to this later when I'm back on my PC.
2023-12-24
Use props
Mavic57Minis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Manitobahunter Posted at 12-23 18:54
DJI, I noticed something while trying out the new auto mode for active shots 360. When I have a screen shot running, and begin the active shot, by default the stop button for the active shot is covered up by the screenshot recording time and stop button. Neither one worked while the were on top of one another, so had to hit the brake button on the controller before the drone got too close to a tree. I was able to move the screenshot recording time/stop across the screen out of the way for the duration of the screen recording, but with each new recording it reappeared on top of the stop button for the  active shot. Maybe a tweak to have it initially appear just above the active shot controls on the controller screen is in order for the next update.
Also after my 15 minutes of messing around with the new auto active shot feature, which was very cool by the way, I noticed my AR homepoint was dissapearing and reappearing on the edge of the screen. When I directed the drones camera to my homepoint, it wasn't showing the yellow H and dot on my homepoint. I landed and restarted the drone and controller, took off and flew a ways away, directed the drones camera to the home point and it was now displaying the yellow H and dot on the homepoint, so things were back to normal, and I allowed the drone to return to home and land on the pad on its own, which it did an excellent job of in the low light conditions I was flying in. Having the controller display a bright yellow H and dot where I am standing is one of the the most useful innovations I've seen in a DJI product. Not so in my opinion for the camera view through the vision sensors, lol.  Its very gimmicky, and did nothing but clutter up the control panel. Also both times I swiped to get rid of it, it the live view  from the drone dissapeared as well, not good. Perhaps a nice blue slide button in settings to disable it for those like myself that will look at it once to check it out and then never use it again could be added in the next update.
Overall a great bunch of additions to an already amazing drone and controller. My next purchase is the motion controller and a set of goggles!
Press and hold the screen recording and you can move it anywhere you want on the screen.
2023-12-24
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Mavic57Minis Posted at 12-24 12:22
Press and hold the screen recording and you can move it anywhere you want on the screen.

I saw that, and started moving it right away to a different spot before doing anything else. It would be cool if it would appear on a piece of real estate on the screen not potentially occupied by something else though
2023-12-24
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

After flying quite a bit today, and doing some troubleshooting, I see a few things happening. The homepoint icon, (H in a circle with a dot) appears normally as it has since the update with the AR homepoint, so long as I don't use the auto active shots feature. I can fly around, land, take off repeatedly and all is well in homepoint icon land... As soon as I use the auto active shots feature, the Homepoint icon dissapears, although the drone is able to auto return to home and land on the homepoint/launchpad. I did see the green flight path line flicking up and down as it traveled, and I also caught the homepoint icon briefly flashing or reappearing a couple times and then dissapearing again. Throughout the flights, the H that tracks around the outside of the controller screen always functions normally.
So far this is the only issue I see with the update, everything works as it should and the auto active shot feature is cool, and produces some interesting videos
However, in my opinion, any issue with the drone potentially not knowing where the homepoint is warrants an immediate solution from DJI.

2023-12-24
Use props
jhauw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35144 ft
Australia

Hi - would the head tracking function is now available with this new FW?
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jhauw Posted at 12-25 00:52
Hi - would the head tracking function is now available with this new FW?

Hi there. I hope you're doing well today. Yes, Head Tracking is supported, and if it is enabled, Obstacle Avoidance is disabled. You can always reach us if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.
2023-12-25
Use props
djiuser_rC3wmUMXNf9i
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hi, after update the trace mode not available. Only auto, manual & parellel available. It is normal ?
2023-12-25
Use props
hillbillyflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 360505 ft
United States

djiuser_rC3wmUMXNf9i Posted at 12-25 17:37
Hi, after update the trace mode not available. Only auto, manual & parellel available. It is normal ?

I noticed that too.
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_wx8EmTq4AYqk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9813 ft
Belgium

Updated yesterday, now today my RC controller refuses to charge anymore. Any ideas? I tried multiple different charges, cables. Everything worked fine before I did the update yesterday.
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_sr5L5UAC3jXx
lvl.1

United States

Why my DJI mini 4 pro is not displaying active track 360
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, after update the trace mode not available. Only auto, manual & parellel available. It is normal ?

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. May I ask for the screenshot of the available settings on the app?
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_wx8EmTq4AYqk Posted at 12-27 13:59
Updated yesterday, now today my RC controller refuses to charge anymore. Any ideas? I tried multiple different charges, cables. Everything worked fine before I did the update yesterday.

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about the situation. Please try to refresh the firmware via this link. After refreshing the firmware, kindly try again. If the problem persists, you may contact us at www.dji.com/support (Contact Us) for further assistance.
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_sr5L5UAC3jXx Posted at 12-28 02:24
Why my DJI mini 4 pro is not displaying active track 360

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. To present the product feature more clearly and more accurately to users, we optimized the naming and please look for the ActiveShots feature. Kindly keep us posted on the latest progress.
2023-12-28
Use props
J. Dub
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143264 ft
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 9-25 05:32
Just bought from Amazon uk delivery tomorrow. Now need to sell a Mini 2 and Mini 3 pro.

Does active track work at night?
2023-12-28
Use props
A.L.F
lvl.1
United States

Mini 4 is a joke.  The mini 3 is too.  It’s under the weight limit yet still broadcasts RID when it’s not even required…….should be able to switch on or off pending what battery is being used by the user.  Glad to see my mini 2 and Mavic air still flies without RID.  I won't ever sell those  as they will retain their value since RID doesn't exist for them.  
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Update: Upon checking, the trace mode will be available upon using the manual mode. For further details, you may refer to the image below. I hope this information helps.

2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry to bother you. For trace mode, please refer to this link. Kindly let us know if you have further concerns.
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

A.L.F Posted at 12-28 19:59
Mini 4 is a joke.  The mini 3 is too.  It’s under the weight limit yet still broadcasts RID when it’s not even required…….should be able to switch on or off pending what battery is being used by the user.  Glad to see my mini 2 and Mavic air still flies without RID.  I won't ever sell those  as they will retain their value since RID doesn't exist for them.

Hi, there! Thank you for your feedback. FAA regulations do not require users to register ≤0.55 lbs (250g) aircraft purely for recreational use, so such users are not required to comply with RID regulations. However, since the mini 3 series supports battery plus in the United States, the take-off weight of this model will exceed 0.55 pounds. According to the requirements of FAA Remote ID regulations-§ 89.501, if the manufacturer produces a drone with a maximum take-off weight of more than 0.55 pounds, The aircraft must have standard Remote ID functionality; and per § 89.310(d), the aircraft with built-in standard Remote ID cannot be disabled by the user. Therefore, in order for DJI to comply with the requirements of the FAA Remote ID regulations on manufacturers, the Mini 3 series has to have a built-in standard Remote ID function and cannot be turned off. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-12-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

J. Dub Posted at 12-28 11:16
Does active track work at night?

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that the ActiveShot requires enough lighting conditions. Please refer to the image below:

I hope this information helps.
2023-12-28
Use props
David Lewin
lvl.2

Isle of Man

With respect, can @DJI please lower the angular velocity speed (in Cine mode) to 1. The current minimum of 20 is far too high when panning left/right.
2023-12-31
Use props
djiuser_pDXLT8ZkcdP9
lvl.1
Germany

After updating Mini4 to the latest FW (v01.00.0300 from 2023.12.21) Adobe Lightroom (LrC 13.1) does no longer offer Adobe RAW profiles (Color, Landscape, Vivid etc) for editing.

I did some investigations and it seems that the reason for this is a change of EXIF tag UniqueCameraModel (in IFD0) which was "DJI FC8482 Mini4 Pro" before and now it is "DJI FC8482".

Was this change intended or is it a bug?
1-1 10:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

David Lewin Posted at 2023-12-31 07:33
With respect, can @DJI please lower the angular velocity speed (in Cine mode) to 1. The current minimum of 20 is far too high when panning left/right.

Hi, there. Thank you for your feedback. Rest assured that we'll help you to forward your suggestion to our relevant team for awareness.
1-3 02:06
Use props
djiuser_1NKM0ZySZZLt
New
Flight distance : 5318 ft

United States

I want to see a big upgrade of the offline map. The current map system is really hard to use.
1-3 13:26
Use props
Jon Hall8
New

United States

Hi I am having issues with a firmware update on my Dji mini pro 4 seems like every update has very low speeds when connected to my home WiFi and mobile hotspots? Any tips on how to speed this up at all.it says should take 10 mins but mine is taking hours
1-3 14:35
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_1NKM0ZySZZLt Posted at 1-3 13:26
I want to see a big upgrade of the offline map. The current map system is really hard to use.

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. May we confirm further details regarding the concern with the offline map? I hope to hear from you soon.
1-4 01:06
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jon Hall8 Posted at 1-3 14:35
Hi I am having issues with a firmware update on my Dji mini pro 4 seems like every update has very low speeds when connected to my home WiFi and mobile hotspots? Any tips on how to speed this up at all.it says should take 10 mins but mine is taking hours

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please consider using a different Wi-Fi connection and make sure to connect to a stable to excellent Wi-Fi network. Furthermore, you may consider using your computer/laptop and downloading the DJI Assistant 2 via this link. Please let us know about the latest progress.
1-4 01:11
Use props
DroneFlyer91345
New

United States

•     Added  support for automatically activating the US Remote ID only when the  aircraft is used with an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus.
  •     Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0300
  •     Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0300 (DJI RC 2)

For  the latest firmware as shown, how does this work? My understanding was  that if you fly the drone with a regular battery it would disable RID.  If you fly it with a big battery it will enable RID. Is this a "per  flight" thing or once you use a big battery does it enable RID for good?  Am I completely misunderstanding this?

I  tried testing this tonight. I borrowed a co-workers regular battery and  tried my extended battery. Using an iPhone on the Wi-Fi selection  screen, my drone broadcasts an "RID-**" network regardless of which  battery I'm using.

I tried several  different apps on iPhone and Android for actually scanning the RID. I  had very subpar results capturing anything. Is this pretty standard?  Supposedly, the iPhone can scan Bluetooth RID and a typical Android  should be able to scan Bluetooth and Wi-Fi RID. I think I got the  Android to scan Bluetooth once but never really picked anything else up.  I was hovering the drone about 20' in the air during testing so it  shouldn't have been a range issue for Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.

Mainly,  I'm just really curious about how all of this works as this is my first  drone since the original Mavic and Spark. Rather than just reading  about how some of this works I really like to see it in person.
1-4 19:39
Use props
udovich
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309219 ft
Slovenia

This is the same as limiting the speed of vehicles to 130 km/h, because that is the speed that can be driven on most roads. However, manufacturers still produce vehicles that go up to 250 km/h. I suggest that DJI remove the 120m height limit. if an individual violates this, he should be punished by the persons performing supervision. that's easy.
1-5 00:24
Use props
r_fly_!
lvl.2
Switzerland

udovich Posted at 1-5 00:24
This is the same as limiting the speed of vehicles to 130 km/h, because that is the speed that can be driven on most roads. However, manufacturers still produce vehicles that go up to 250 km/h. I suggest that DJI remove the 120m height limit. if an individual violates this, he should be punished by the persons performing supervision. that's easy.

i removed the height limit and peeled off that c0 label last year. if i install that update today: will the height limit still be at 500m as before?
1-5 04:44
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DroneFlyer91345 Posted at 1-4 19:39
  •     Added  support for automatically activating the US Remote ID only when the  aircraft is used with an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus.
  •     Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0300
  •     Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0300 (DJI RC 2)

• Hi, there! Thank you for reaching out. FAA regulations do not require users to register ≤0.55 lbs (250g) aircraft purely for recreational use, so such users are not required to comply with RID regulations. However, since the mini 4 pro supports battery plus in the United States, the take-off weight of this model will exceed 0.55 pounds. According to the requirements of FAA Remote ID regulations-§ 89.501, if the manufacturer produces a drone with a maximum take-off weight of more than 0.55 pounds, The aircraft must have standard Remote ID functionality; and per § 89.310(d), the aircraft with built-in standard Remote ID cannot be disabled by the user. Therefore, in order for DJI to comply with the requirements of the FAA Remote ID regulations on manufacturers, the Mini 3 series has to have a built-in standard Remote ID function and cannot be turned off. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support!
    1-6 01:40
    Use props
    djiuser_SWuuDipgWXiR
    lvl.2
    United Kingdom

Random question... Brand new DJI Mini 4 Pro... When indoors with no/limited satellites and leaving it for a while, it will enter ECO mode. After disabling, a whole bunch of red warnings appear for a few seconds, ECS, Gimble Motor overload, repair required etc. They all disappear again very quickly. Have taken it out multiple times for long flights outdoors and have no issues whatsoever.

Is this normal?
    1-6 11:57
    Use props
    djiuser_p5TvjJMfXvK3
    New
    Flight distance : 18773 ft
    United States

Does the Mini 4 pro support Ocusync 2.0 ? I would like to upgrade my controller but not sure if the mini 4 is compatible....
    1-7 11:30
    Use props
    Dustin Harrison
    New

Canada

Hey I downloaded the update but now the drones saying that the vision sensors aren't calibrated so it's throwing codes. I'm unable to fly and can't get it going. Hooked it up to my pc but therenisnt an option to calibrate the sensors. Very frustrating cause i havent been able to fly it yet. Any suggestions ?
    1-7 13:32
    Use props
    DroneFlyer91345
    New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-6 01:40
    Hi, there! Thank you for reaching out. FAA regulations do not require users to register ≤0.55 lbs (250g) aircraft purely for recreational use, so such users are not required to comply with RID regulations. However, since the mini 4 pro supports battery plus in the United States, the take-off weight of this model will exceed 0.55 pounds. According to the requirements of FAA Remote ID regulations-§ 89.501, if the manufacturer produces a drone with a maximum take-off weight of more than 0.55 pounds, The aircraft must have standard Remote ID functionality; and per § 89.310(d), the aircraft with built-in standard Remote ID cannot be disabled by the user. Therefore, in order for DJI to comply with the requirements of the FAA Remote ID regulations on manufacturers, the Mini 3 series has to have a built-in standard Remote ID function and cannot be turned off. I hope this information helps. Thank you for your support!

Thank you for your reply, but it makes absolutely zero sense. You begin by talking about the Mini 4 but then end in talking about the Mini 3.

Added  support for automatically activating the US Remote ID only when the  aircraft is used with an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus.

Can you describe what this means? What is that function of the firmware doing, exactly? Can you describe it in detail?
    1-7 22:01
    Use props
    The Ollie
    lvl.4
    Flight distance : 116362 ft
    Germany

A question for all of you and DJI:
    It's just a subjective feeling, since I don't have any comparison after the update, but it seems to me that the operation of the RC-2 has become slower after the update.(This refers to opening the Fly app on the controller and generally to the speed of the user interface)

Have you observed something similar?

1-8 01:48
    Use props
    dji_claus
    lvl.2
    Flight distance : 572808 ft
    Germany

r_fly_! Posted at 1-5 04:44
    i removed the height limit and peeled off that c0 label last year. if i install that update today: will the height limit still be at 500m as before?

Yes, you need to click the unlock link again but it works wo any further action.
    1-8 06:50
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules