New DJI Mini 4 Pro Firmware Released (04/23/2024)
45232 321 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
r_fly_!
lvl.2
Switzerland

dji_claus Posted at 1-8 06:50
Yes, you need to click the unlock link again but it works wo any further action.

thank you very much
1-8 12:48
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Still no support for the RC Pro?
1-9 14:26
Use props
climber84
New
Flight distance : 4705 ft

France

Hi I bought a mini 4 pro 4 days ago. I have the latest update with dji assist via usb. Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0300 Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0300 (DJI RC 2) it is impossible to display the direction adjustment compass in activetrack 360!!! and there is a random operation of the RTH!! my seller assumes it's a software problem, Can you help me please ?
1-10 06:47
Use props
climber84
New
Flight distance : 4705 ft

France

hi    have you noticed any malfunction since this update?
1-10 08:23
Use props
geioannou
lvl.1

Greece

climber84 Posted at 1-10 06:47
Hi I bought a mini 4 pro 4 days ago. I have the latest update with dji assist via usb. Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0300 Remote Controller Firmware: v02.00.0300 (DJI RC 2) it is impossible to display the direction adjustment compass in activetrack 360!!! and there is a random operation of the RTH!! my seller assumes it's a software problem, Can you help me please ?

Hello.
Did you try to unlock the 120m height limit ?
1-10 11:50
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

DroneFlyer91345 Posted at 1-7 22:01
Thank you for your reply, but it makes absolutely zero sense. You begin by talking about the Mini 4 but then end in talking about the Mini 3.

Added  support for automatically activating the US Remote ID only when the  aircraft is used with an Intelligent Flight Battery Plus.

Hello. Apologies for the confusion due to mixed models, however, this will apply to our aircraft that supports the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus. Since the aircraft will weigh more than 250g when using the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, this will require to comply with the RID (FAA) regulations. After updating the firmware, the aircraft will comply with Remote ID wherein it will provide information about drones in flight, such as the identity, location, and altitude of the drone and its control station. Remote ID is the ability of a drone in flight to provide identification and location information that can be received by other parties.
1-12 02:13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

The Ollie Posted at 1-8 01:48
A question for all of you and DJI:
It's just a subjective feeling, since I don't have any comparison after the update, but it seems to me that the operation of the RC-2 has become slower after the update.(This refers to opening the Fly app on the controller and generally to the speed of the user interface)

Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. May I ask if you could provide a screen recording for further checking? You may upload through shareable links througha Google Drive or Dropbox.
1-12 02:18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

sduck Posted at 1-9 14:26
Still no support for the RC Pro?

Hello, there. We're sorry that there's no relevant information regarding this compatibility matter. Please stay tuned to our official website for future updates.
1-12 02:23
Use props
The Ollie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116362 ft
Germany

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-12 02:18
Hi, there. Thank you for reaching out. May I ask if you could provide a screen recording for further checking? You may upload through shareable links througha Google Drive or Dropbox.

Thanks. I tried again and it's just that the control elements appear on the screen one after the other when connecting RC2 and M4P. During operation everything runs smoothly. It was probably due to interference with radio transmission due to many frequencies being used in the area.
Thank you for your support.
1-13 02:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

The Ollie Posted at 1-13 02:43
Thanks. I tried again and it's just that the control elements appear on the screen one after the other when connecting RC2 and M4P. During operation everything runs smoothly. It was probably due to interference with radio transmission due to many frequencies being used in the area.
Thank you for your support.

Thank you for your update. Please feel free to reach us anytime if you need further assistance. Cheers!
1-14 02:48
Use props
JD Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50846 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have recently purchase a mini 4 pro with integra goggles and the motion controller. I have updated the controller, goggles, and the motion controller,  i have submitted a geo-zone   request for my area of interest. I have successfully imported it into DJI  Fly.  In doing so, I press t he lock button twice to inicaite the motors and i unable to do so. The result is two fast beeps from the motion controller.
1-15 17:00
Use props
JD Drone
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I am trying to start motors on motion controller, after pressing lock button twice I receive two fast beeps from the motion controller. There are no warnings, or errors   that are occurring as a result of this please helkp
1-15 17:03
Use props
JD Drone
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Just wanted to make note of the fact that I figured out how to start up the motion controller with the newest firmware of the mini 4 pro. The advise instruction in the manual state" double click the lock button to inmate the motors" that is no the case, you must triple click
1-16 16:26
Use props
rndmsfree
lvl.2
Flight distance : 86388 ft

United States

I am curious to see if there will be support for the RC2 to use with the M4P/Integra combination.  I'm used to the standard controller setup and would like to continue using it.
1-16 23:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JD Drone Posted at 1-15 17:00
I have recently purchase a mini 4 pro with integra goggles and the motion controller. I have updated the controller, goggles, and the motion controller,  i have submitted a geo-zone   request for my area of interest. I have successfully imported it into DJI  Fly.  In doing so, I press t he lock button twice to inicaite the motors and i unable to do so. The result is two fast beeps from the motion controller.

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience that it caused you. For confirmation, you're using the DJI RC Motion 2, right? Would it be possible for you to provide a short video showing the problem for further checking? You may use Google Drive or Dropbox then provide the link here. I hope to hear from you soon.
1-17 01:45
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

rndmsfree Posted at 1-16 23:00
I am curious to see if there will be support for the RC2 to use with the M4P/Integra combination.  I'm used to the standard controller setup and would like to continue using it.

Hi, there. Thank you for your input. Currently, there's no information for other supported remote controllers aside from the DJI RC Motion 2 when using the DJI Goggles 2/Integra combination. Rest assured that your feedback will be forwarded to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your support.
1-17 01:48
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2023-10-5 22:20
Hi, vispol. Can you please show us a screenshot of that feature from the Air 2s app to further check?

Hi DJI Gamora,

I can explain the finger pan. It is / was a useful feature on Mavic 2 Pro. Basically you long press with force and hold your finger in the middle of the screen of DJI GO 4 app while filming and you get a circle around the spot you are pressing , you can then keep holding your finger and move the circle to the left or to the right and pan the camera to the left or to the right with it, it was very useful on Mavic 2 Pro. I think this feature is also available on Mini 4 Pro, but it's convoluted, you would have to go to Gimbal calibration and make an adjustment there by jumping through many steps, it was much easier with Mavic 2 Pro (DJI Go 4 app). It would be great if you guys could add this finger pan feature to Mavic 3 series, Mini 3/4, Air 3.

Thanks in advance, Mike.
1-18 13:58
Use props
Alexis Lks
New

Greece

Today I had my first flight with the m4p!I always set my cameras videos to 4K 50fps!mastershots and quickshots automatically change the format to 4K 30fps and ruins my projects!!do we know if this will be fix in the future??
1-20 11:58
Use props
Neuromod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 925869 ft

Chile

Hello,

On 2 occasions after updating the firmware I have experienced situations where the Drone behaves in a very erratic way and I was wondering if anybody had a similar experience or knew what it could be wrong.

What I've noticed is that while flying the drone and and getting less than the max number of signal quality bars flying back does not improve the signal quality, even when I get the drone 3 m away from the RC2. While flying back the drone shows all kind of wierd behavior: the video transmission gets sloppy and the AR H symbol moves erratically, the camera does not seem to work properly as changing camera settings and taking pictures does not seem to work.

Today, the moment I began seeing this behavior I flew it back and had it hovering 3 m next to me and performed continuous rotations around its axis. I would say that at least once every 10 seconds the video froze for a 0.5 to 1.0 s and then resumed (during this close range test the drone showed yellow signal strength (3 bars or so)).

Thanks in advance
1-20 21:40
Use props
djiuser_7VZVxARjPvVm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87556 ft
Australia

Neuromod Posted at 1-20 21:40
Hello,

On 2 occasions after updating the firmware I have experienced situations where the Drone behaves in a very erratic way and I was wondering if anybody had a similar experience or knew what it could be wrong.

I had similar issue after updating to the latest firmware release.  The Mini 4 Pro suddenly lost connection and power whilst conducting a short range flight test (approx 3 meters from home and 3 meters in elevation). The error seemed to occur while attempting to engage the ActiveTrack function on a number occasions over a 40 second period, it wouldn't enter into Active Track mode as per usual (was trying to get the option to track from front). Suddenly the Mini 4 lost power and fell hard to the concrete damaging the camera gimbal and one of the prop arm linkages.

Have only had it for 25 days and this was pretty off putting experience especially as i was showing the drone and it's functions to a bunch of friends (two of which are police officers who were quite intrigued and thinking how they might be able to use the drone for work purposes).
The flight log show following message split second before crash "ansmission signal.; Aircraft not connected to RC.; Image transmission signal lost (Code: 80001)." I've raised a replacement claim on the Drone, they better warrant it or i won't be happy at all!
1-21 16:14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mzp Posted at 1-18 13:58
Hi DJI Gamora,

I can explain the finger pan. It is / was a useful feature on Mavic 2 Pro. Basically you long press with force and hold your finger in the middle of the screen of DJI GO 4 app while filming and you get a circle around the spot you are pressing , you can then keep holding your finger and move the circle to the left or to the right and pan the camera to the left or to the right with it, it was very useful on Mavic 2 Pro. I think this feature is also available on Mini 4 Pro, but it's convoluted, you would have to go to Gimbal calibration and make an adjustment there by jumping through many steps, it was much easier with Mavic 2 Pro (DJI Go 4 app). It would be great if you guys could add this finger pan feature to Mavic 3 series, Mini 3/4, Air 3.

Thank you for providing clarity regarding this matter. Yes, I also recall this feature being available on the DJI GO 4 app. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your support.
1-22 02:42
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Alexis Lks Posted at 1-20 11:58
Today I had my first flight with the m4p!I always set my cameras videos to 4K 50fps!mastershots and quickshots automatically change the format to 4K 30fps and ruins my projects!!do we know if this will be fix in the future??

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. Please know that the Mastershot feature supports up to 4k@60/30 fps. As for the Quickshot, the aircraft supports up to 4k@30fps only. Nonetheless, your feedback will forwarded to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your understanding.
1-22 02:52
Use props
Alextazee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2898996 ft
  • >>>
Serbia

r_fly_! Posted at 1-5 04:44
i removed the height limit and peeled off that c0 label last year. if i install that update today: will the height limit still be at 500m as before?

After updating the fw, I got the 120m limit.
The altitude slider can go up to 500m, but the drone won't. It says Maximum flight altitude for the country or region reached.
1-22 09:42
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-22 02:42
Thank you for providing clarity regarding this matter. Yes, I also recall this feature being available on the DJI GO 4 app. Rest assured that this will be forwarded to our relevant team for future reference. Thank you for your support.

Thank you DJI Gamora.

Best Regards, Michael.
1-24 07:24
Use props
Maxine The Drone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 253537 ft
United States

I have posted before as I am trying to get my new mini 4 pro set up - no luck.  Did the updates and now it will not launch either.  Still thinks I am in china as well as California too.
1-24 15:41
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1262136 ft
United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 2023-9-26 11:04
Batteries need to be updated at the same time. After fully updating RC and Drone, put the next battery in, switch on and check firmware update, follow instructions, ditto for any other batteries you have.

Why is that?

Is that merely to comply with the most recent Mini 4 Pro firmware update?

What happens if the batteries are not updated; is there some loss of function of some kind?
1-26 06:45
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
United States

I have a question: Does this firmware update version turn OFF the RID signal, when the standard batteries are used, or does it turn ON the RID signal when the plus batteries are used?

In other words, with the DJI Mini 4 Pro Date: 2023.11.08 Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0210, with that firmware version, is that automatically engaging the RID broadcasting all the time, regardless of which type of battery (the standard or plus) is being used, or is the RID signal not being automatically broadcast at all?

In terms of the RID signal being broadcast, what is the difference between the previous firmware version that I mentioned, & this firmware update verson?

Thank you for your response.
1-26 07:08
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-12 02:13
Hello. Apologies for the confusion due to mixed models, however, this will apply to our aircraft that supports the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus. Since the aircraft will weigh more than 250g when using the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus, this will require to comply with the RID (FAA) regulations. After updating the firmware, the aircraft will comply with Remote ID wherein it will provide information about drones in flight, such as the identity, location, and altitude of the drone and its control station. Remote ID is the ability of a drone in flight to provide identification and location information that can be received by other parties.

Does this also apply to the Mini 3 Pro?

I ask, as I have both the Mini 3 Pro, & now the Mini 4 Pro.

I haven't flown my Mini 3 Pro in a while, & haven't done any firmware updates since then — several months — but due to my being lax in not reading the details of the firmware update prior to updating my Mini 3 Pro back in September 2022, it was updated to include the RID broadcast function, which can't be rolled back to the previous version.

I assume that if I hadn't done that update, my Mini 3 Pro would not be compliant with the FAA RID function.

Does the Mini 3 Pro broadcast RID, all the time, or not, or is that only while using the Plus batteries?

Does updating batteries have anything to do with either the Mini 3 Pro, or the Mini 4 Pro, enabling or disabling the RID broadcast signal, depending on which type of battery is being used?

Now that I recently purchased the new Mini 4 Pro, I have a similar question — if the Mini 4 Pro is not updated from (I'm assuming, Date: 2023.11.08 Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0210) to the most recent/current firmware version, is it compliant with the FAA RID requirement, by default out of the box, as in, does it by default broadcast RID, regardless of the battery type, or not?

If so, does this most recent firmware update merely turn off the RID signal broadcast when using the standard batteries?

Or,

If not, does this most recent firmware update turn on the RID signal broadcast, but only when using the Plus batteries?

I've learned through my experience with the Mini 3 Pro update I mentioned above, to carefully scrutinize & consider, prior to accepting any updates issued by DJI.

The same goes for updates for the RC2 that came with the Mini 4 Pro, & also for its batteries.

Thank you for your reply.
1-26 08:06
Use props
Neuromod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 925869 ft

Chile

Neuromod Posted at 1-20 21:40
Hello,

Today I turned it on, but didn't fly it because I'm still not sure what it is. And noticed that sometimes signal dropped really low with a message about poor signal. And this was with the drone 1 m apart from the RC2. Is this normal at all?
1-27 17:45
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Mzp Posted at 1-24 07:24
Thank you DJI Gamora.

Best Regards, Michael.

You're most welcome. Please feel free to reach us anytime. Cheers!
1-28 03:43
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BroomRider Posted at 1-26 08:06
Does this also apply to the Mini 3 Pro?

I ask, as I have both the Mini 3 Pro, & now the Mini 4 Pro.

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. As for the DJI Mini 3 Pro, after updating the firmware to the version v01.00.0400 or later, the aircraft will broadcast RID regardless of the battery in use. However, for the DJI Mini 4 Pro, after updating to the latest version, the aircraft will automatically broadcast when using the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Plus only. I hope this information helps.
1-28 03:56
Use props
fansd91f6f34
lvl.3
Flight distance : 827470 ft
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-28 03:56
Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. As for the DJI Mini 3 Pro, after updating the firmware to the version v01.00.0400 or later, the aircraft will broadcast RID regardless of the battery in use. However, for the DJI Mini 4 Pro, after updating to the latest version, the aircraft will automatically broadcast when using the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Plus only. I hope this information helps.

Why is this same RID transmission process different in the two UAS (mini3pro and mini4pro) whose characteristics are the same?
1-31 02:10
Use props
pbrowntv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 964596 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, there. Thank you for reaching out. As for the DJI Mini 3 Pro, after updating the firmware to the version v01.00.0400 or later, the aircraft will broadcast RID regardless of the battery in use. However, for the DJI Mini 4 Pro, after updating to the latest version, the aircraft will automatically broadcast when using the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Plus only. I hope this information helps.

Hi DJI Gamora- removing RID from the standard battery means that a pilot working under Part 107 (commercial use) would be flying illegally if they used the standard battery. There are times that being under 250 grams AND being RID/Part 107 are important. Please reconsider this decision ASAP. I will not be able to use my Mini 4 Pro legally until this is resolved.
2-1 18:42
Use props
lra3
New

United States

I agree with pbrowntv above, we also use the standard intelligent flight battery but still require our drone to have RID for Part 107 compliance. Keeping RID locked behind using the plus batteries puts us out using our DJI Mini 3 legally. If RID is already a feature on our drone, it makes no sense to take that feature away. We upgraded our drones to ones that had RID capabilities, but now that feature is being superficially locked unless we shell out $$$ for each of them to have extended batteries. We really need the option to have RID broadcasting regardless of battery.
2-2 07:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

pbrowntv Posted at 2-1 18:42
Hi DJI Gamora- removing RID from the standard battery means that a pilot working under Part 107 (commercial use) would be flying illegally if they used the standard battery. There are times that being under 250 grams AND being RID/Part 107 are important. Please reconsider this decision ASAP. I will not be able to use my Mini 4 Pro legally until this is resolved.

Hello, there. Thank you for responding. For this situation, we encourage you to use the Intelligent Flight Battery Plus for compliance. We thank you for your understanding.
2-2 21:49
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

lra3 Posted at 2-2 07:33
I agree with pbrowntv above, we also use the standard intelligent flight battery but still require our drone to have RID for Part 107 compliance. Keeping RID locked behind using the plus batteries puts us out using our DJI Mini 3 legally. If RID is already a feature on our drone, it makes no sense to take that feature away. We upgraded our drones to ones that had RID capabilities, but now that feature is being superficially locked unless we shell out $$$ for each of them to have extended batteries. We really need the option to have RID broadcasting regardless of battery.

Hello, there. Thank you for your feedback. Currently, we encourage the user to the DJI Intelligent Flight battery for flight compliance if the aircraft will be in commercial use. Rest assured that your feedback will forwarded to our relevant team for awareness. We thank you for your support.
2-2 22:08
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fansd91f6f34 Posted at 1-31 02:10
Why is this same RID transmission process different in the two UAS (mini3pro and mini4pro) whose characteristics are the same?

Thank you for reaching out. Currently, the firmware that provides this function applies to the DJI Mini 4 Pro and DJI Mini 3 at the moment. There's no firmware available for DJI Mini 3 Pro at the moment. Please stay tuned to our official website for future updates. Thank you for your understanding.
2-2 22:40
Use props
Major_Nadds
lvl.1
United States

You worded the release notes on RID as if it is a good feature. It doesn't continue and state that you took away RID for people using standard battery. DJI I understand the reason for auto activate of remote ID when using the plus battery due to weight. What is the reason you have removed RID when using smaller battery? I am part 107 and use for work with smaller battery. The Mini 4 is not practical to attach my strobe and a RID module, nor should I need to if RID is on-board. Stacking a strobe onto a RID module stuck to the top of this little ship is not somethnig I will do as it risks affecting performance and can case a crash if they come loose. I bought the Mini 4 because it has native RID. What basis is there for taking away a feature that was used to sell the drone? I don't need or want the larger battery for the missions I do, and it is an unfair and deceptive  business practice to sell with a feature then take away and hold hostage for another fee for a new battery. If this was a mistake, then fix it and issue firmware that leave RID on all of the time regardless of battery. You can haev a one-time firmware option to opt-in to RID when using smaller battery. This is the type of thing that deserves a class action lawsuit if not corrected, with the class action seeking a free plus battery or accepting a return and refund since the product does not perform as advertised due to an action you took.
2-3 09:23
Use props
djiuser_uupppiZ2vNxS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91440 ft
Romania

with the new update to Dji mini 4 pro, can the drone be raised to a maximum of 500 m ? Thank you !
2-4 07:02
Use props
BroomRider
lvl.3
United States

So, let me see if I understand you correctly.

The Mini 3 Pro, with its standard intelligent battery, weighs the same as the Mini 4 Pro, using its standard battery, & any UAV, weighing <250gms & flying under the non-commercial recreational exemption, is not required to broadcast an RID signal.

Yet, DJI requires the Mini 3 Pro to broadcast the RID signal while using the standard battery OR the plus battery, while with the most recent firmware update to the Mini 4 Pro, DJI only requires the Mini 4 Pro to broadcast the RID signal while using the plus battery?

I'm not a Pt. 107 commercial pilot, so neither the Mini 3 Pro nor the Mini 4 Pro, should be required to broadcast the RID signal, while either model is using the standard battery & flying under the non-commercial recreational exemption.

I understand the requirement for the Pt.107 commercial pilots to be flying & broadcasting the RID signal, regardless of which UAV or type of battery is being used, or even the type of use the UAV is being flown at that moment, but not all pilots are Pt.107 commercial pilots.

I strongly recommend & suggest there being an option for Pt.107 pilots, to manually engage the RID signal, while using the standard battery with either the Mini 4 Pro, or the Mini 3 Pro models.

Conversely, either that, or there being an option for those non-commercial recreational pilots flying either model under the non-commercial recreational exemption with the standard battery, to manually turn off the RID signal.

DJI, you are being, at best, inconsistent, with your firmware & associated UAV models, restrictions & functions.

I think that my proposed solution is equitable, & respecting the requirements of both the UAV non-commercial recreational pilots, & those Pt.107 commercial pilots, & above all, would satisfy all the complaints & issues brought up here in this thread, & especially, relating to those insistencies.

Thank you for your thoughtful consideration!
2-4 15:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules