DJI MINI 4 PRO vs Mini 3 Pro | EVERYTHING NEW!
123Next >
3625 109 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI MINI 4 PRO vs Mini 3 Pro | EVERYTHING NEW!

2023-9-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice find DA.    Matthew does a great job in this video.  Mini 4 Pro is a nice upgrade over the Mini 2 but I'm not feeling it is worth upgrading from the Mini 3 Pro to the Mini 4 Pro.  I'll admit the OS4 on my Air 3 with the RC2 is much stronger but I was hoping for a larger sensor on the Mini 4 Pro.  Think I'll hold off until the Mini 5 Pro comes out in another 11 months.
2023-9-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-25 08:32
Nice find DA.    Matthew does a great job in this video.  Mini 4 Pro is a nice upgrade over the Mini 2 but I'm not feeling it is worth upgrading from the Mini 3 Pro to the Mini 4 Pro.  I'll admit the OS4 on my Air 3 with the RC2 is much stronger but I was hoping for a larger sensor on the Mini 4 Pro.  Think I'll hold off until the Mini 5 Pro comes out in another 11 months.

There are lots of little things though like how much faster processing Hyperlapse are that all add up,  but I’ll hold out a bit to see what’s the deal is tomorrow when real people get them.  
2023-9-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-25 08:39
There are lots of little things though like how much faster processing Hyperlapse are that all add up,  but I’ll hold out a bit to see what’s the deal is tomorrow when real people get them.

Yeah, I saw where many ordered from Amazon UK for delivery tomorrow.  That way you will get some feedback from real users vice somewhat biased YT influencers.  
2023-9-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-25 09:23
Yeah, I saw where many ordered from Amazon UK for delivery tomorrow.  That way you will get some feedback from real users vice somewhat biased YT influencers.

Watching some of the US reviewers,  it appears that its not available for pick up in store until Friday,  and pre orders were starting last night at 8pm for delivery Thursday.   That might explain why our shops dont have it yet.
2023-9-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-25 23:59
Watching some of the US reviewers,  it appears that its not available for pick up in store until Friday,  and pre orders were starting last night at 8pm for delivery Thursday.   That might explain why our shops dont have it yet.

BestBuy will have them in store on Friday.  However, if you ordered it online BestBuy guaranteed delivery on Wednesday.  Ordering straight from DJI online store showed delivery Friday so I'm assuming BestBuy already has some at their regional warehouse in Atlanta, GA.  
2023-9-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-26 03:41
BestBuy will have them in store on Friday.  However, if you ordered it online BestBuy guaranteed delivery on Wednesday.  Ordering straight from DJI online store showed delivery Friday so I'm assuming BestBuy already has some at their regional warehouse in Atlanta, GA.

Interesting,  I thought one YTer said delivery Thursday,   although I might be wrong,   I think that was on Bill the drone reviewer.    I expect it to appear on Friday on the Argos website.
2023-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-26 04:14
Interesting,  I thought one YTer said delivery Thursday,   although I might be wrong,   I think that was on Bill the drone reviewer.    I expect it to appear on Friday on the Argos website.

BestBuy website now says if you order today it will deliver on Friday unless you pay for overnight delivery.  
2023-9-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-26 13:22
BestBuy website now says if you order today it will deliver on Friday unless you pay for overnight delivery.

Argos will let me order now and collect at 4pm today.     grrr,      must be strong.  
2023-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-26 23:21
Argos will let me order now and collect at 4pm today.     grrr,      must be strong.

I'm thinking I'm going to see a post soon where you went ahead and got the Mini 4 Pro.  With all the feet you've flown on the Mini 3 Pro you deserve to move up and start putting feet flown on the newest Mini model.  

To heck with being strong....go for it!
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-27 14:26
I'm thinking I'm going to see a post soon where you went ahead and got the Mini 4 Pro.  With all the feet you've flown on the Mini 3 Pro you deserve to move up and start putting feet flown on the newest Mini model.  

To heck with being strong....go for it!

Still holding off until I know more.    Flew mini 3 this morning and it's fine,  not sure that the 4 would have done anymore for me.

PS.  C19 jab booked for Friday for me.  
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_BmAtsRWC4Ej8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 457703 ft
United States

Good info to know
2023-9-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 23:32
Still holding off until I know more.    Flew mini 3 this morning and it's fine,  not sure that the 4 would have done anymore for me.

Congrats on getting the C19 jab set up.  

Might be worth just holding off until the Mini 5 Pro comes out in another 11 months or so.  
2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

I am waiting for the DJI Micro ZG (Zero Gravity) with reduced propeller noise & whisper flight

Optics: 1.2f/24mm and 2.0f/70mm both multicoated and of the finest optical quality

Sensor: minimum 1/2 inch Weight: 100-150 grams Flight time: 1 hour

Price: 1200-1500 Euro Release Date: Early 2025 => Just a wish ;-)

2023-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 9-28 11:00
I am waiting for the DJI Micro ZG (Zero Gravity) with reduced propeller noise & whisper flight

Optics: 1.2f/24mm and 2.0f/70mm both multicoated and of the finest optical quality

I think the Mini 4 Ultra will launch before that.
2023-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-28 10:33
Congrats on getting the C19 jab set up.  

Might be worth just holding off until the Mini 5 Pro comes out in another 11 months or so.

Hard to say what to do,  Argos will get the drone in store the same day if I order in the morning,   all more concerns are non issues in the UK,  not even the battery warnings.   So that only leaves a better camera for stills.   So we will see.
I didnt think much of the range test I saw in Canada,   4000m before it was coming back.   Not exactly 20km.
2023-9-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-28 21:58
Hard to say what to do,  Argos will get the drone in store the same day if I order in the morning,   all more concerns are non issues in the UK,  not even the battery warnings.   So that only leaves a better camera for stills.   So we will see.
I didnt think much of the range test I saw in Canada,   4000m before it was coming back.   Not exactly 20km.

Yeah, that is a short range, especially since they fall under FCC rules vice CE so the signal should have been much stronger and also considering it has OS4.
2023-9-29
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-26 23:21

DAFlys, you know your going to get one, I was on the fence when Mini 3 Pro was released, I then spent frustrating weeks trying to get one, this time I dived right in, very happy with the Mini 4 Pro, lots of features not available on Mini 3 Pro as commented in my posts. Weather preventing me actually giving it a good fly.
2023-9-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 9-29 08:21
DAFlys, you know your going to get one, I was on the fence when Mini 3 Pro was released, I then spent frustrating weeks trying to get one, this time I dived right in, very happy with the Mini 4 Pro, lots of features not available on Mini 3 Pro as commented in my posts. Weather preventing me actually giving it a good fly.

I don’t think I am.   For the same camera and less range than my mini 3 pro I’m just not feeling the benefit.   I mostly fly at sunrise so OA is usually off,  especially at the moment with idiots with torches.

I rarely use automated modes,   I’ve even given up with spot light as it helixes rather than orbits.

I’d have to buy all new batteries to stay legal which annoys me a lot.   On the flip side I can get a free one from Argos or wait and get the next one free from Argos.   

So far I’ve got 8000km on mini 3 pro so I’d struggle to sell mine in good faith.  
2023-9-29
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered mine from B & H Photo Tuesday morning and it arrived yesterday on the 29th. I've flown it several times and it's sweet. More bells and whistles compared to the Mini 3 Pro
2023-9-29
Use props
Slowjam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235679 ft
United States

I had the first gen DJI with a GoPro mounted to a fixed mount 9 years ago.  Then I jumped on the 3 Pro, a month ago, and then upgraded to the 4 Pro.
The reasons for the upgrade, in my case, have to do with:
- waypoint mission planning (comes handy for repetitive project tracking flights; a big time saver),
- full obstacle avoidance,
- the H icon is handy to quickly identify the home point, very nice feature for a rookie pilot,
- maybe better radio, not for the range, but object penetration, possibly.

I think I can notice some improvement with color depth in video.  So far I compiled only one clip on my YouTube channel of an impromptu beach wedding.   The colors are very realistic.
You can see some 3 Pro and 4 Pro footages on my YouTube channel
  https://youtube.com/@igortech?feature=shared

There will be more videos coming soon to compare the two versions.

2023-9-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-29 18:32
I ponder the dichotomy....

You are hesitant to purchase a Mini 4 Pro,..

Please keep your propaganda to yourself.  
2023-9-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-29 06:42
Yeah, that is a short range, especially since they fall under FCC rules vice CE so the signal should have been much stronger and also considering it has OS4.

Really the limit is going to be the battery,  as theres no way you can make a round trip range test any more,   you need to fly it and ditch at the end of the battery which is pretty pointless.

2023-9-29
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Slowjam Posted at 9-29 20:14
I had the first gen DJI with a GoPro mounted to a fixed mount 9 years ago.  Then I jumped on the 3 Pro, a month ago, and then upgraded to the 4 Pro.
The reasons for the upgrade, in my case, have to do with:
- waypoint mission planning (comes handy for repetitive project tracking flights; a big time saver),

I really like the color and resolution of the video with the Mini 4 Pro, and that's even just in 1080p and on YouTube

1080p recorded 30fps or 60 fps ? Or is the original recording in higher resolution & only the 1080p for YouTube ?

2023-9-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-29 22:02
Really the limit is going to be the battery,  as theres no way you can make a round trip range test any more,   you need to fly it and ditch at the end of the battery which is pretty pointless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezHwNu82Inc&

Interesting video.  No doubt OS4 and RC2 do contribute to better signal strength and range.  
2023-10-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-1 01:57
Interesting video.  No doubt OS4 and RC2 do contribute to better signal strength and range.

An English bloke here did an urban test and o4 managed an extra 5 or so metres.   Maxed out at 347m.      Seeing a lot of complaints on the other forum which has real put me off.  
2023-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 04:31
An English bloke here did an urban test and o4 managed an extra 5 or so metres.   Maxed out at 347m.      Seeing a lot of complaints on the other forum which has real put me off.

Yes, it seems that the CE restriction really lowers the signal strength, thereby reducing range.  Anyway, not much can be done about that regulation.  
2023-10-2
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I ordered one on launch day direct from DJI (Monday) and it arrived on Friday.  This is my first drone with a controller screen and it does take some time to get used to, especially moving files around.  However, this was simplified when I discovered plugging the drone into my PC using the USB-C cable and without powering it up, the drone is recognized as two external drives.  This makes for easy file transfers.  Mini 3 Pro does not do this.
This also is the first time I've bought DJI Care.  I've seen a few mini 4 pro videos where people were using the advanced features (waypoint, track, etc.) where the drone crashes.  I plan on trying these features too and it's better safe than sorry.  Nice video by the way.
2023-10-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 9-29 08:39
I don’t think I am.   For the same camera and less range than my mini 3 pro I’m just not feeling the benefit.   I mostly fly at sunrise so OA is usually off,  especially at the moment with idiots with torches.

I rarely use automated modes,   I’ve even given up with spot light as it helixes rather than orbits.

Bloody hell... With friends like these, who need enemies?

You got to stay strong MAN... Pull yourself together!!!

You are better than this!!!

You are nearly there!!!

PS...
If you buy one, I'll not your be your friend anymore!
2023-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 10-2 09:36
Bloody hell... With friends like these, who need enemies?

You got to stay strong MAN... Pull yourself together!!!

lol.  Cheers.  

Over on Mavic pilots forum there’s loads of complaints now.  Bad flight time,  4-5mph slower into wind.

Now I’d be tempted if they add the vision system.  As that would be useful   
2023-10-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 10:04
lol.  Cheers.  

You got to wait at least until January next year... Then, I guarantee you, that you will feel great about your decision today...

Unless you feel obligate to make Argos happy and p1ssing money against the wall...

You said it:

"Still holding off until I know more.    Flew mini 3 this morning and  it's fine,  not sure that the 4 would have done anymore for me."

2023-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 10-2 10:20
You got to wait at least until January next year... Then, I guarantee you, that you will feel great about your decision today...

Unless you feel obligate to make Argos happy and p1ssing money against the wall...

The drone from Argos would be free to me.  . But

Lower flight time, worse in wind.   Battery over current warnings in sports mode all put me off.

Google Mavic pilot 141109 and you should find a complaint thread.
2023-10-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 10:55
The drone from Argos would be free to me.  . But

Lower flight time, worse in wind.   Battery over current warnings in sports mode all put me off.

I read it...

For me, it was much simpler... I just don't want to collect another RC controller...
2023-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-2 05:01
Yes, it seems that the CE restriction really lowers the signal strength, thereby reducing range.  Anyway, not much can be done about that regulation.

Indeed the new frequency for Eu doesn't even seem to help that much.
2023-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 10-2 11:36
I read it...

For me, it was much simpler... I just don't want to collect another RC controller...

I would have probably sold mine but Im not sure if a controller with such high flight time on it and a drone with thousands of km would sell well.
2023-10-2
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 23:08
I would have probably sold mine but Im not sure if a controller with such high flight time on it and a drone with thousands of km would sell well.

Sometimes is much wiser to stick to the devil you know...
2023-10-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 10-3 01:10
Sometimes is much wiser to stick to the devil you know...

Man there is some truth to that.   Or at least I'll wait for a firmware update or two and see how the thing is doing.
2023-10-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 23:07
Indeed the new frequency for Eu doesn't even seem to help that much.

That's a real shame.  Wish it was better news.
2023-10-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-3 11:54
That's a real shame.  Wish it was better news.

Another tick in the wait for Mini 5 box
2023-10-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-4 00:39
Another tick in the wait for Mini 5 box

Sure sounds like it.  I'm still seeing lots of mixed reviews on the Mini 4 Pro.  Oh well, the Mini 3 Pro has served us both well and that should continue until at least the 5 Pro is out.
2023-10-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules