DJI MINI 4 PRO vs Mini 3 Pro | EVERYTHING NEW!
3784 113 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryguyMN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17480 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received my Mini 4 Pro and still have it wrapped in the box. Can you use Matershots and Quickshots in D-Log M? On the Mini 3 Pro, you were limited to the normal color profile for these modes.
2023-10-10
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-10 10:25
But it isn't green at all.  The resources & carbon footprint necessary to mine for lithium & other minerals used in the batteries & solar panels, the smelting of the steel used in huge wind farms, etc..   Then there is the short life expectancy of the devices, the issue with recycling, the massive use of land & impact on biologicals, then the basic reality of no wind, no power, no sun, no power.  Then of course the "zero emission vehicles" just spew their emissions at the local power plant.  California can't meet current electrical needs but wants to mandate 100% EV by 2030 or 2035.  The West cripples its economy while the rest of the world laughs & goes on with business-as-usual.  Folks need a reality check.

Kindof what I tryed to say in post #83 but failed
2023-10-10
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-10 10:36
Sad part is no one really wants EVs.  Except Joe Biden.  He just thinks they are fancy HoverRounds.  Another Bidonomics "success" story.  The only reason anyone buys an EV, or gets involved in any of this "green" nonsense, is because of massive government subsidies.  The working class paying for subsidies to the wealthy.

Sad part is no one really wants EVs.  Except Joe Biden
and all of the old people who can't drive without a self driving car
2023-10-10
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-10 02:04
No doubt the current administration is pushing hard for going green.

They do not know what planet they are on,and that is just for starters.
2023-10-10
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Freetime Posted at 10-10 17:49
They do not know what planet they are on,and that is just for starters.

And they spend too much time worrying and not doing life.
2023-10-10
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

But it isn't green at all.  The resources & carbon footprint necessary to mine for lithium & other minerals used in the batteries & solar panels, the smelting of the steel used in huge wind farms, etc..   Then there is the short life expectancy of the devices, the issue with recycling, the massive use of land & impact on biologicals, then the basic reality of no wind, no power, no sun, no power, & no realistic storage solution.  Then of course the "zero emission vehicles" are not zero emission at all.  They just spew their emissions at the local power plant instead.  California can't meet current electrical needs but wants to mandate 100% EV by 2030 or 2035.  The West cripples its economy while the rest of the world laughs & goes on with business-as-usual.  Folks need a reality check.

I agree, am also not a fan of all these spreading electric cars that are also extremely difficult to extinguish in a fire and are also priced out of good and bad for most people. In addition, in an emergency (war or natural disasters) we are no longer self-sufficient as with liquid fuels that can be stored and transported in canisters. I know it's probably not a good idea for US citizens to drive smaller cars that use less fuel, but I thought it was a much better approach to build cars for everyday use that consume between 3-5 liters.
2023-10-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 10-10 07:09
Ya no joke. I still don't see how it's green because all of the heavy machinery they use to get the lithium uses gas.

You make a good point.  
2023-10-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

But it isn't green at all.  The resources & carbon footprint necessary to mine for lithium & other minerals used in the batteries & solar panels, the smelting of the steel used in huge wind farms, etc..   Then there is the short life expectancy of the devices, the issue with recycling, the massive use of land & impact on biologicals, then the basic reality of no wind, no power, no sun, no power, & no realistic storage solution.  Then of course the "zero emission vehicles" are not zero emission at all.  They just spew their emissions at the local power plant instead.  California can't meet current electrical needs but wants to mandate 100% EV by 2030 or 2035.  The West cripples its economy while the rest of the world laughs & goes on with business-as-usual.  Folks need a reality check.

You will not get an argument out of me on what you stated as I've said many things similar to that.  I've read numerous research articles written by experienced scientists and brainiacs and all agree there is no way to go 100% green.  This is just another pipe dream by a career politician, and an old one at that.  
2023-10-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Freetime Posted at 10-10 17:49
They do not know what planet they are on,and that is just for starters.

Couldn't agree more.  I was not trying to defend the current administrations go green policy.  
2023-10-11
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-11 03:30
Couldn't agree more.  I was not trying to defend the current administrations go green policy.

I know,pretty hard to defend a corrupt lunatic,I think I am being too nice about him.
Since this got way off topic and turned into politics how can one not get upset over
this clown.
2023-10-11
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-11 07:14
We actually have something in common.

Ya go figure
2023-10-11
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

It would probably get removed, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if someone posted a poll on EVs
2023-10-11
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-11 07:14
We actually have something in common.

It's been a while since I've seen, made a topic this long that didn't have a argument in it.
2023-10-11
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Space Dream Posted at 10-11 00:40
I agree, am also not a fan of all these spreading electric cars that are also extremely difficult to extinguish in a fire and are also priced out of good and bad for most people. In addition, in an emergency (war or natural disasters) we are no longer self-sufficient as with liquid fuels that can be stored and transported in canisters. I know it's probably not a good idea for US citizens to drive smaller cars that use less fuel, but I thought it was a much better approach to build cars for everyday use that consume between 3-5 liters.

Problem is the current administration isn't making us self- sufficient, they're doing the exact opposite  
2023-10-11
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

But it isn't green at all.  The resources & carbon footprint necessary to mine for lithium & other minerals used in the batteries & solar panels, the smelting of the steel used in huge wind farms, etc..   Then there is the short life expectancy of the devices, the issue with recycling, the massive use of land & impact on biologicals, then the basic reality of no wind, no power, no sun, no power, & no realistic storage solution.  Then of course the "zero emission vehicles" are not zero emission at all.  They just spew their emissions at the local power plant instead.  California can't meet current electrical needs but wants to mandate 100% EV by 2030 or 2035.  The West cripples its economy while the rest of the world laughs & goes on with business-as-usual.  Folks need a reality check.

Amen Brother
2023-10-11
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is nothing to defend
2023-10-11
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

Why the YouTube Click bait garbage??? Just TELL US everything NEW HERE in your POST!
2023-10-11
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

TP-FPV Posted at 10-11 10:42
Why the YouTube Click bait garbage??? Just TELL US everything NEW HERE in your POST!

It would take a really long time
2023-10-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TP-FPV Posted at 10-11 10:42

thanks for the support.  
2023-10-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Freetime Posted at 10-11 07:11
I know,pretty hard to defend a corrupt lunatic,I think I am being too nice about him.
Since this got way off topic and turned into politics how can one not get upset over
this clown.

Sorry, I didn't mean to get us so far off topic.  
2023-10-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 10-11 08:50
It would probably get removed, but it would be interesting to see what would happen if someone posted a poll on EVs

Probably best we not go there.  
2023-10-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 10-11 09:18
There is nothing to defend

2023-10-12
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-12 02:55
Probably best we not go there.

Ya. the topic kinda derailed in the bit you were gone
2023-10-12
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-12 02:52
Sorry, I didn't mean to get us so far off topic.

No problem,it can be easy to do.
Have a good day.
2023-10-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Potato mini Posted at 10-12 07:48
Ya. the topic kinda derailed in the bit you were gone

It sure did.  
2023-10-12
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Freetime Posted at 10-12 08:07
No problem,it can be easy to do.
Have a good day.

You also have a great day.  
2023-10-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Also a nice find!
2023-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're very welcome.
2023-11-24
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I upgraded from my old Mavic Mini to the Mini 4 Pro, and the diffence is not small!
3-24 06:32
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

USER001 Posted at 3-24 06:32
I upgraded from my old Mavic Mini to the Mini 4 Pro, and the diffence is not small!

Oh yes. that was a massive upgrade. sadly not so much if you already had the Mini 3 Pro.  
3-24 06:45
Use props
Gabriel Tallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 795020 ft
United States

Thank you. Very helpful and interesting comparison.
5-10 09:18
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 2023-9-25 08:32
Nice find DA.    Matthew does a great job in this video.  Mini 4 Pro is a nice upgrade over the Mini 2 but I'm not feeling it is worth upgrading from the Mini 3 Pro to the Mini 4 Pro.  I'll admit the OS4 on my Air 3 with the RC2 is much stronger but I was hoping for a larger sensor on the Mini 4 Pro.  Think I'll hold off until the Mini 5 Pro comes out in another 11 months.

That was the first thing I thought when the M4P was released, there's nothing on it to make me want to upgrade from my M3P, as it's essentially the same drone with a couple of new bells and whistles that I could happily do without.

The M4P is a very disappointing upgrade and perhaps they really should have called it the Mini 3 Pro Plus.

Cheers
5-10 11:46
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blackbuckone Posted at 5-10 11:46
That was the first thing I thought when the M4P was released, there's nothing on it to make me want to upgrade from my M3P, as it's essentially the same drone with a couple of new bells and whistles that I could happily do without.

The M4P is a very disappointing upgrade and perhaps they really should have called it the Mini 3 Pro Plus.

That would have made better sense for sure.  Only thing we can do now is wait and see what the Mini 5 Pro will bring to market.  
5-10 14:28
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Blackbuckone Posted at 5-10 11:46
That was the first thing I thought when the M4P was released, there's nothing on it to make me want to upgrade from my M3P, as it's essentially the same drone with a couple of new bells and whistles that I could happily do without.

I haven't sold the Mini 3 Pro yet and I bought the Mini 4)
I think this is the right step. The Mini 4 is better in flight performance, the sensors are very important to me, the O4 communication is much better, the additional frequency, the new RC remote is very good. The camera remains the same, but new shooting capabilities have been added in the HLG color profile, which expands the color space.
For me, all these updates are very significant.
5-10 23:34
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules