Waypoints, Mini 4 Pro
4510 31 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Now that the Mini 4 Pro is out, do we know if the waypoint system is any good? and is it worth the money to by the M4P?

2023-9-25
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-25 12:32
Looks identical to what is available to the Mavic 3 & Air 3.  I don't know what max speed it supports?  Ideally I would like to see 30 mph even it that means OA is disabled.  I have always used Litchi for creating Waypoint missions but the DJI system is similar.  You can either create missions manually using the map view in the Fly app, or you can fly the drone to the points & record them live.  I have always plotted my missions manually, but this involves RECON & test flights to get everything just right.  Recording the points by flying to them gets everything right the first time.  Altitude, heading, gimbal angle, zoom, all of these settings are captured for each waypoint.  DJI Waypoints also support POIs for dramatic flybys.  I will be testing out their Waypoint system soon.

Are you getting the M4P?
2023-9-25
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-25 14:10
Ordering the Mini 4 Pro Flymore Plus package with Care Refresh Plus 2 Year as soon as the webpage goes from "Reserve Now" to "Order Now".

Can't resist the Waypoint support & the other features are icing on the cake!

I'll probably just wait till they release the mini 5 pro in the next year or so. until then the mini 3 pro is still a great bird and i'm super happy with it even though the M4P is nice
2023-9-25
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

Look at minute 19:20 of this video on YouTube, about the waypoints on the Mini 4 Pro.

2023-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The waypoints feature used by the DJI Air 3, DJI Mavic 3/Mavic 3 Cine/Mavic 3 Classic/Mavic 3 Pro is the same as the DJI Mini 4 Pro as it uses the same app, DJI Fly. For more information about the said feature, you may refer to the link below. Thank you for your valued support.

https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper
2023-9-25
Use props
DroneTraveler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 274432 ft
United States

Can anyone clarify whether the Waypoint mode allows full video recording (4k @ 100 FPS)  or Hyperlapse video only?  The Air 3 manual specifically says Hyperlapse and if the Mini 4 is the same - wouldn't that mean the waypoint mode isn't true video like Litchi?
2023-9-25
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

DroneTraveler Posted at 9-25 18:21
Can anyone clarify whether the Waypoint mode allows full video recording (4k @ 100 FPS)  or Hyperlapse video only?  The Air 3 manual specifically says Hyperlapse and if the Mini 4 is the same - wouldn't that mean the waypoint mode isn't true video like Litchi?

I believe  they added true waypoints. ask dirty bird. he'll know.
2023-9-25
Use props
Philipjgr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140207 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I watched some videos on YouTube of people who purchased the Mini 4 Pro. Then I see that they create the waypoint on the spot on the controller. I don't know how it works on DJI's more expensive models. But you can also use the Litchi Beta app to create a Waypoint on the PC with the Mini 3 pro. It would be nice if this was also possible with DJI Mini 4 pro software from DJI itself
2023-9-27
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Philipjgr Posted at 9-27 06:14
I watched some videos on YouTube of people who purchased the Mini 4 Pro. Then I see that they create the waypoint on the spot on the controller. I don't know how it works on DJI's more expensive models. But you can also use the Litchi Beta app to create a Waypoint on the PC with the Mini 3 pro. It would be nice if this was also possible with DJI Mini 4 pro software from DJI itself

Then I see that they create the waypoint on the spot on the controller. I don't know how it works on DJI's more expensive models

I think that is true, that the waypoints can be made on the remote.
2023-9-27
Use props
DroneTraveler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 274432 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-27 18:34
I don't know if it allows 4K @ 100 as that is intended for slow motion?  It may but all the other resolution & frame rates should be supported.

Okay, when you get yours, would you (or anyone else) mind sharing a definitive answer on which framerates/resolutions are supported?  Basically is it true video or Hyperlapse.  Thank you.
2023-9-28
Use props
Philipjgr
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yippie, yes I bought the Mini 4 Pro. Not flown yet, no good weather here yet. Started with waypoint and maps. What is not going well, or am I doing wrong? With profile/offline maps I select an area using the WiFi. When I have downloaded and opened the area, the area is much smaller.
2023-10-3
Use props
Philipjgr
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Only the one circled in red stores the RC maps
2023-10-3
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

My 1st flight with the Mini 4 pro and also with waypoints. There was a strong wind.  I just have to try out whether you have to indicate recording at every waypoint, or only when you want to stop recording. What is a shame, as far as I have experienced, is that you cannot use the gimbal with up and down during the waypoint flight.

2023-10-5
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Philip J Posted at 10-5 09:05
My 1st flight with the Mini 4 pro and also with waypoints. There was a strong wind.  I just have to try out whether you have to indicate recording at every waypoint, or only when you want to stop recording. What is a shame, as far as I have experienced, is that you cannot use the gimbal with up and down during the waypoint flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc67fJ9kvvk&t=130s

that's pretty neat.
2023-10-5
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Philip J Posted at 10-5 09:05
My 1st flight with the Mini 4 pro and also with waypoints. There was a strong wind.  I just have to try out whether you have to indicate recording at every waypoint, or only when you want to stop recording. What is a shame, as far as I have experienced, is that you cannot use the gimbal with up and down during the waypoint flight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc67fJ9kvvk&t=130s

All you need do is set multiple POIs with different altitudes. Set different waypoints to aim at the various waypoints. You just need to be mindful of the built-in curve, that happens with altitude change also.
2023-10-5
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-5 10:38
All you need do is set multiple POIs with different altitudes. Set different waypoints to aim at the various waypoints. You just need to be mindful of the built-in curve, that happens with altitude change also.

With the Litchi app you can also point the camera downwards during flight. This was nice when you saw something on the screen to film from above. You do not see this yet while creating waypoints. As far as I have experienced on my 1st flight, the wheel of the lens up and down does not work. Of course, during normal flights. Am I doing something wrong or is the camera stuck during the waypoint flight? Otherwise it would be nice to be able to do it in the next update.
2023-10-7
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Philip J Posted at 10-7 00:49
With the Litchi app you can also point the camera downwards during flight. This was nice when you saw something on the screen to film from above. You do not see this yet while creating waypoints. As far as I have experienced on my 1st flight, the wheel of the lens up and down does not work. Of course, during normal flights. Am I doing something wrong or is the camera stuck during the waypoint flight? Otherwise it would be nice to be able to do it in the next update.

If you are setting the waypoints as you set up the mission, you can adjust the gimbal however you want it.
2023-10-7
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mobilehomer Posted at 10-7 05:50
If you are setting the waypoints as you set up the mission, you can adjust the gimbal however you want it.

Ok thanks, but what I actually want is to create the mission at home and have the option to change the gimbal down or up while performing the flight. I understand from this that this is not possible, only if you create a mission on the spot.
2023-10-7
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have a saved waypoint mission on my controller. I want to redo the waypoint mission every certain time (autumn-winter-summer). Now there is a chance that I want/need to reset the DJI Mini 4 pro. I have now secured a KMZ file on my PC. I could put it back later after a reset. I also tried to open the KMZ file in Google Earth, on the PC and on my Android phone. These give an error message. Is DJI's KMZ different?
Or do I want something that is not possible
2023-10-19
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-19 02:27
The file may be encrypted.

When I put the file back 1 to 1 after a reset controller. Would I then be able to continue my waypoint mission again? I don't want to lose my waypoint mission by trying it out. Is it possible to make a complete backup of the controller to the PC? I can't find this anywhere or overlooked.
2023-10-19
Use props
djiuser_HQjBLv4gZD7Z
New
Flight distance : 104081 ft

Canada

I’m having issues with my Mini 4 Pro and the Waypoint Hyperlapse feature. I’m trying to do a day to night transition and when I went to do my first attempt during the day everything went smoothly
, the hyperlapse looked amazing, but when I went to repeat the saved route at night, the gimbal was swerving left to right the entire time.
2023-10-20
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-21 03:05
I discovered if you set aircraft heading & gimbal tilt to MANUAL, then you can control the aircraft yaw & camera tilt with the RC as the bird executes the Waypoint mission.  Basically a programmable cablecam in the sky.

I like that idea, what about during RTH like one could with previous models? I suppose because of the sensors its still not possible?
2023-10-21
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_HQjBLv4gZD7Z Posted at 10-20 21:35
I’m having issues with my Mini 4 Pro and the Waypoint Hyperlapse feature. I’m trying to do a day to night transition and when I went to do my first attempt during the day everything went smoothly
, the hyperlapse looked amazing, but when I went to repeat the saved route at night, the gimbal was swerving left to right the entire time.

I don't know, as I haven't done any of those yet. ask dirtybird. he will probably know
2023-10-21
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-21 03:32
I don't think it will work during RTH because OA is always active during OA (even if set to OFF) & OA wants the camera facing forwards.  Interesting though because the Mini 4 Pro has 360° OA so technically it should function regardless of aircraft orientation.

Yeah, it is a shame as it was a good feature even if it was accidental.
2023-10-21
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Does anyone know if this can work or have experience with it? I returned my previous Mini 4 pro. I now have a new Mini 4 pro. On the previous one I had saved a waypoint, the woods still with leaves, so I could film it again via waypoint later in the fall. I then saved the KMZ files on my PC. I have now put them back on the new controller via my PC. But when I open waypoints I don't see a map or KMZ.
2023-11-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Philip J Posted at 11-5 08:24
[view_image][view_image]

Does anyone know if this can work or have experience with it? I returned my previous Mini 4 pro. I now have a new Mini 4 pro. On the previous one I had saved a waypoint, the woods still with leaves, so I could film it again via waypoint later in the fall. I then saved the KMZ files on my PC. I have now put them back on the new controller via my PC. But when I open waypoints I don't see a map or KMZ.

Hi,

don`t understand your post.

afaik the waypoint kmz files are on the RC2, not on your old or new drone.
so why copy to your pc and back again ?

cheers
JJB
2023-11-5
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJB* Posted at 11-5 11:29
Hi,

don`t understand your post.

With my returned mini 4 pro including the controller, I made a waypoint recording and saved it on the controller. When this had to be returned, I connected the controller to my PC to copy the folder with waypoints on the internal memory. Now I have copied it into the waypoints folder of the new controller. You see them there, but the controller does not see them when I go to the waypoint icon on the controller screen.
2023-11-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Philip J Posted at 11-5 11:55
With my returned mini 4 pro including the controller, I made a waypoint recording and saved it on the controller. When this had to be returned, I connected the controller to my PC to copy the folder with waypoints on the internal memory. Now I have copied it into the waypoints folder of the new controller. You see them there, but the controller does not see them when I go to the waypoint icon on the controller screen.

oke,

more related files on the RC2 for waypoint logs....

check this
\\DJI RC 2\Internal shared storage\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\LOG\CACHE\Waypoint

i made a waypoint file today and in this folder i find log file to this waypoint file....

try to make new waypoint file, check this folder and detele the log. If file doesnt show up on your screen.....

cheers
JJB
2023-11-5
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

I'll look further in the files tomorrow, I thought I was in the right place. A KTM file must be the same on both controllers.
2023-11-5
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

I contacted the DJI chat service, I received this answer.
Strange that this is not possible, suppose your controller is broken or lost. Have you lost everything? It was indicated that a backup function might become possible with an update. Then I'll just recreate the waypoint route and fly. Now start with bare trees, winter and then spring. the other way around :-)

2023-11-6
Use props
Philip J
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok, thanks, I hadn't found that out yet. As soon as the weather here is better I will definitely try this. A new Mini 4 pro since this week. It is nice if you can control the camera tilt yourself during the flight. It would also be nice, just like with Litchi, that you could plan the route on your PC, laptop or tablet. A little more space than the small control screen.Your waypoints are also saved on your PC or tablet
2023-11-6
Use props
Valkyre4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1198176 ft
Greece

I am sorry for bumping an old thread but i have a question:

I can create a waypoint flight mission just with the controller from the comfort of my house and then go fly the mission to record video just fine.

However, the same waypoint mission cannot be used as a hyperlapse mission. It seems like different missions must be created for hyperlapse and video. Which I dont understand to be honest.

My question is, is there a way to create a hyperlapse waypoint mission from the comfort of my house (like it can be done with video mission) or does it mean that for hyperlapse missions you can only do them with the drone during flight? Thanks!
2023-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules