4551 103 2023-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greg_p
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243865 ft

France

DAFlys Posted at 9-26 05:19
OrginalDobo is saying in the comments of his video that he confirmed with DJI that it was the same as the Mini 3 Pro.  If it was the stacked sensor dont you think they would want to shout that from the roof tops.

I have no idea. It's always very pleasant to look sure of what you say.
A known drone operator and vloggers in France (Huber-aile) did say the opposite, of course confirmed by DJI. Which to believe? no one, until a tear drop will show one side or the other.
Until then,  look at the video comparison between M3P, M4P and Air3, and decide.
2023-9-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

greg_p Posted at 9-26 05:50
A known drone operator and vloggers in France (Huber-aile) did say the opposite, of course confirmed by DJI. Which to believe? no one, until a tear drop will show one side or the other.
Until then,  look at the video comparison between M3P, M4P and Air3, and decide.

Sadly there have been very few comparisons,   everyone is doing video and Im interested in photos.     Ive heard a few same it has the same camera based on size,    I dont think they are thinking of the internal tech.
2023-9-26
Use props
Tavus
lvl.2

Germany

Guys its the same Sensor as on the Air 3
DJI Paladin have said that a few Posts above ,why are you arguing about it?

"Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The sensor size and the Lens of the DJI Air 3 and DJI Mini 4 Pro are the same (Stacked). You may access the link below to compare both aircraft with other different aircraft available on our website. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support".
2023-9-26
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

OrginalDobo is saying in the comments of his video that he confirmed with DJI that it was the same as the Mini 3 Pro.  If it was the stacked sensor dont you think they would want to shout that from the roof tops.

All I heard so far that it was the same sensor as the mini 3 pro,but with improved dynamic range.
And one or two other small tweaks.
2023-9-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Freetime Posted at 9-26 07:23
All I heard so far that it was the same sensor as the mini 3 pro,but with improved dynamic range.
And one or two other small tweaks.

There's a few YouTubers that are saying differently but I think they are confused by the Sensor size and aperture etc,  OriginalDobo said he reached out to his contact at DJI and confirmed it's the same cameras as Mini 3 with a new ISP and software with better cooling.   It does appear to be much faster processing hyperlapes and panos etc though which is good.  
2023-9-26
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

greg_p Posted at 9-26 05:50
A known drone operator and vloggers in France (Huber-aile) did say the opposite, of course confirmed by DJI. Which to believe? no one, until a tear drop will show one side or the other.

Interested in still photo only comparison between the three mentioned models,no video at all.
2023-9-26
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

In this YouTube video, at minute 1:50 it says something about the camera and the sensor

2023-9-26
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Plain English in the Mini 4 Pro DJI page:

This site also does explain very clearly how it works...

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/dual-native-iso-explained/

2023-9-26
Use props
DJIMiniPM
lvl.1

China

Same sensor as Air3
2023-9-26
Use props
fanse84c9c93
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

DJIMiniPM Posted at 9-26 19:26
Same sensor as Air3

From my info is the same sensor as mini 3 pro. just new isp and software.
2023-9-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

If it was the stacked sensor dont you think they would want to shout that from the roof tops

I also see that way as it is a very seductive selling point ...

2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 9-27 02:21
If it was the stacked sensor dont you think they would want to shout that from the roof tops

I also see that way as it is a very seductive selling point ...

From what I’ve seen so far video is better though but stills are not improved.  
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_kTvFwiRqnv44
lvl.3
Poland

Did anyone find out about the sensor officially from DJI?
2023-9-27
Use props
djiuser_kTvFwiRqnv44
lvl.3
Poland

Did anyone find out about the sensor officially from DJI?
2023-9-27
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

I sent two questions about it, one to Dji directly and another to the official Dji technical service in Spain, this was yesterday.
Waiting for response
2023-9-27
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

I know that there are two people who are preparing a comparison of the Mini 4 pro camera with the 24 mm. camera of the Air 3. One of them is very meticulous in his tests, and I know that when he does it we will draw very good conclusions
2023-9-27
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
United States

DJIMiniPM Posted at 9-26 19:26
Same sensor as Air3

Not looking good.
2023-9-27
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 9-26 01:05
Most of the reviews are saying its the Mini 3 Pro sensor with a new ISP.

I believe this the be the case also.

I believe that the Mini 3/3Pro, Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro all use the same sensor and the latter two just pull more out of it because DJI has improved the image processing pipeline. Improved DSP (digital signal processor), ISP (image signal processor), or whatever you want to call it.

Camera sensors are complicated things that are expensive to manufacture and take years to develop. The devices that rely on these sensors are updated more frequently than the sensors themselves. We all kind of fall in to the trap of thinking new done with new image capabilities = new camera sensor.

All the Mini drones I listed here use a 1/1.3" sensor, 48MP, 2.4 micron pixel size (binned), dual native ISO (for on-board HDR), etc. It's pretty hard to believe that we are talking about different sensors here.

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

Cheers!
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SCoutts Posted at 9-27 15:42
I believe this the be the case also.

I believe that the Mini 3/3Pro, Air 3 and Mini 4 Pro all use the same sensor and the latter two just pull more out of it because DJI has improved the image processing pipeline. Improved DSP (digital signal processor), ISP (image signal processor), or whatever you want to call it.

The Air3 did get a new stacked sensor,  thats not in question.
2023-9-27
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152569 ft
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 9-26 18:44
Plain English in the Mini 4 Pro DJI page:

This site also does explain very clearly how it works...

As someone who uses a full frame mirrorless camera I get and understand dual native ISO. And many months ago I watched the YT video you refer to. According to online reports the dynamic range when capturing video with the Mini 4 Pro is indeed noticeably better at both 30 and 60 fps (by fusing the dual native ISOs).  However, there are drone users out there who, like me, use their DJI Mini drone primarily for photography. I have yet to see any evidence to suggest that photo quality has been improved (even marginally) on the Mini 4 Pro and that is why I am keeping my Mini 3 Pro for now.
2023-9-27
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Steph Jant Posted at 9-27 23:49
As someone who uses a full frame mirrorless camera I get and understand dual native ISO. And many months ago I watched the YT video you refer to. According to online reports the dynamic range when capturing video with the Mini 4 Pro is indeed noticeably better at both 30 and 60 fps (by fusing the dual native ISOs).  However, there are drone users out there who, like me, use their DJI Mini drone primarily for photography. I have yet to see any evidence to suggest that photo quality has been improved (even marginally) on the Mini 4 Pro and that is why I am keeping my Mini 3 Pro for now.

I'm not actually questioning either the quality or which one is better... I'm just asking how the rumor of the stacked CMOS started because it is not mentioned in the DJI OFFICIAL WEBSITE...

I just posted the same question to DJI...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=298422

2023-9-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Steph Jant Posted at 9-27 23:49

A german photo quality test (CHIP) says M3P has slightly better photos then M4P
084110ixv22cc9bcobv0v1.jpg
2023-9-28
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 9-28 00:00
A german photo quality test (CHIP) says M3P has slightly better photos then M4P[Image]

Thanks, but this is hardly conclusive evidence. I want to see Mini 4 Pro photos taken outdoors in the real world environment
2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Steph Jant Posted at 9-28 00:04
Thanks, but this is hardly conclusive evidence. I want to see Mini 4 Pro photos taken outdoors in the real world environment

CHIP is not a YT influencer and has years of experience with tests and the corresponding knowledge
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 542431 ft
Germany

Steph Jant Posted at 9-28 00:04

"Outdoors" is hardly a controlled environment and I'm afraid any comparison would be even less conclusive.
2023-9-28
Use props
webline
lvl.2
Flight distance : 402044 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Space Dream Posted at 9-28 00:19
CHIP is not a YT influencer and has years of experience with tests and the corresponding knowledge

CHIP has (for years) a very bad reputation - not to be considered as a high quality source.
But the discussion here is pixel peeping - no practical relevance IMHO. This is no full-size DSLR with a fixed aperture and a small plastic lens - considering this the image quality is outstanding.
2023-9-28
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_21vazN53a4oJ Posted at 9-28 00:49
"Outdoors" is hardly a controlled environment and I'm afraid any comparison would be even less conclusive.

I never said outdoors was a controlled environment. The point is you take drone photographs and video outdoors not indoors.  The sample photos I was sent were taken indoors and therefore not representative of the environment in which the drone will take photos and videos. There is also another post from someone else suggesting that CHIP is not a reliable source.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Space Dream Posted at 9-26 00:37
The link do not provide clear informations about the used sensors. My impression is that there are many speculations in  circulation and there is probably no real confirmation from DJI or will  be, what was really installed. That this information is withheld does  not speak for a transparent company policy and has a taste of a nebulous  deceiving buyers. What else is the reason to play not with open cards ?

Thank you for your response. The purpose of the link provided in the response above is for the additional specification if you need further information about the product. We already confirm that the Sensor size and Lens of the DJI Air 3 and DJI Mini 4 Pro are the same. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_kTvFwiRqnv44
lvl.3
Poland

Sensor size the sama a sensor technology ? Stacked in Mini 4 Pro ?
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-28 03:37
Thank you for your response. The purpose of the link provided in the response above is for the additional specification if you need further information about the product. We already confirm that the Sensor size and Lens of the DJI Air 3 and DJI Mini 4 Pro are the same. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank you  DJI Paladin..

The sensor size or the lenses are not the issue here... We are asking if all three drones use Native Dual ISO as advertised on the DJI website or the stacked CMOS as mentioned few times now...

Could you please give a precise answer on this?

Thank you
2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-28 03:37

I think it is crystal clear what I and many other users want to know: Are the sensors of Mini 3 Pro / Mini 4 Pro / Air 3 identical in their properties OR are there different sensors with different properties installed in these 3 models ? And what is the truth about this "stacked sensor" rumor ? And again: Is the sensor in the Mini 3 Pro not identical to the sensors in the Mini 4 Pro and the Air ? So is the sensor in the Mini 3 Pro not state of the art and the sensors in the Mini 4 Pro and the Air 3 are more advanced sensors with improved features ? I don't think I can make my question any clearer than that. It would be very welcome if DJI is now ready to let the cat out of the bag.
2023-9-28
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 22:51
The Air3 did get a new stacked sensor,  thats not in question.

What I'm suggesting is the Mini 3, Mini 3 Pro, Mini 4 Pro and Air 3 all use the same STACKED sensor.

When the Air 3 was released, a bunch of YouTube influencers were dropping this new "stacked sensor" buzzword. Curious, I went looking for more information on DJI's website. To my surprise, there was no mention of it. I looked in their press release. Still nothing.

If this is such an awesome new technology, why isn't DJI shouting it from the hill tops?

Even more curious, all the drones I mention have EXACTLY the same sensor specs. Sure some have additional features but the core sensor specs - resolution, pixel size, dual-native ISO, quad bayer, etc - are all identical.

My hypothesis is that DJI had to make dropping from a 1" to a .75" sensor in the Air 3 palatable. Could you imagine the outrage if the Air 3 had a smaller sensor AND one from an "inferior" drone? LOL. People would have lost their minds.

So the marketing guys tossed in the "stacked" terminology, which is valid for that sensor and folks accepted it as something new and better.

The image quality improvements in the Air 3 and now Mini 4 Pro come from improved image processing. DJI is getting better results out of the same sensor. They even say "new image-processing platform" in their Mini 4 Pro promo video, which, I think, adds credence to my hypothesis.

Stacked sensors aren't new, they've been around for years.

At the end of the day, I don't care if it's a brand new sensor or not. If the image quality is appreciably better, which it is, I'm happy. I honestly could care less how it's achieved.

I just wanted a straight answer and I couldn't get one, so I ended up down this crazy rabbit hole. :-)
2023-9-28
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-26 05:37
just asked one reviewer about the Mini 3 batteries and apparently they do flag up a warning on screen when you fly with them.  Another tick in the do not buy box.

This is not true .......I have the mini 4 pro and have used my mavic 3 pro batteries with no flags....I live in the U.S
2023-9-28
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Bullflier Posted at 9-26 05:27
Yes, I asked him about that.

Original DOPEBO is not always right.......I have heard it is the same camera as the AIR 3. DJI will never admit this......The mini 4 pro is basically a scaled down version of the AIR 3, that is until DJI releases the AIR 3 Pro......Thats my option and I'm sticking with it.
2023-9-28
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

MHM Posted at 9-28 15:36
Original DOPEBO is not always right.......I have heard it is the same camera as the AIR 3. DJI will never admit this......The mini 4 pro is basically a scaled down version of the AIR 3, that is until DJI releases the AIR 3 Pro......Thats my option and I'm sticking with it.

I hope the future Air 3s or Pro has a one-inch sensor.
As for sensors, there are several cameras on the market that use Sony sensors, but what they don't say is that all of these sensors have been tested and classified into different quality categories, although they are all the same. And the worst are the ones that are not used in Sony cameras. With this I do not mean that those used by Dji are not the best from the manufacturer, but manufacturing in large quantities brings that quality imbalance between products that are supposed to be the same, but really are not. I know for a fact, and I am not going to say model or brand, that three identical drones, taking the same photos and the same video, at the same time, one of them had a different color range than the other two. By this I mean that the tests that we see comparing cameras, if we do not see them on a monitor, at least a decent one, we can make a mistake when it comes to giving our opinion. Especially if we see it on YouTube.
What 1/1.3-inch sensors does DJI use in each model? I think it will be an unsolved mystery, like the "unsolved cases" on television documentaries.
Sorry, I have written more than necessary.
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

SCoutts Posted at 9-28 12:05
What I'm suggesting is the Mini 3, Mini 3 Pro, Mini 4 Pro and Air 3 all use the same STACKED sensor.

When the Air 3 was released, a bunch of YouTube influencers were dropping this new "stacked sensor" buzzword. Curious, I went looking for more information on DJI's website. To my surprise, there was no mention of it. I looked in their press release. Still nothing.

You are 100% correct...

I got to the same conclusion after being ignored about the same question...

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 422&pid=3141132

I'm glad it is not just me seeing the light here...
2023-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MHM Posted at 9-28 15:29
This is not true .......I have the mini 4 pro and have used my mavic 3 pro batteries with no flags....I live in the U.S

This depends on what country you are in when you fly.  USA and UK no messages other EU countries you get the message.
2023-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SCoutts Posted at 9-28 12:05

When the Air 3 was released, a bunch of YouTube influencers were dropping this new "stacked sensor" buzzword. Curious, I went looking for more information on DJI's website. To my surprise, there was no mention of it. I looked in their press release. Still nothing.

Well DJI confirmed it the same sensor and the Mini 3 and thats not stacked.  
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_kTvFwiRqnv44
lvl.3
Poland

AIR 3 is 100% stacked ? Confirmed ?
2023-9-29
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

A minute ago I spoke on the phone with the technical service in Spain, they told me that when a problem with the camera needs to be repaired, they don't just repair the sensor, they change the entire camera. According to what they tell me in Europe, all this is centered in Holland. So if anyone has a cheese business or grows tulips around there, he might be able to find out something. These types of repairs are the same system that Apple uses, they don't change a component of a part, they change the entire part.
2023-9-29
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules