sensor-tech3.jpg
2023-9-29
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It maybe the same sensor, but the image processor is different as are several other hardware components. I will be interested to see if the purple tinge on the RAW files have gone,
2023-9-29
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 9-29 08:29
It maybe the same sensor, but the image processor is different as are several other hardware components. I will be interested to see if the purple tinge on the RAW files have gone,

Watch this video on YouTube, it is in French but I think you can use subtitles

2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Burt37 Posted at 9-28 03:48
Thank you  DJI Paladin..

The sensor size or the lenses are not the issue here... We are asking if all three drones use Native Dual ISO as advertised on the DJI website or the stacked CMOS as mentioned few times now...

Hello, Burt37. Hope that we already clarified this query of yours on the previous thread that you posted on this link https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid3141132 . Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Space Dream Posted at 9-28 04:37
I think it is crystal clear what I and many other users want to know: Are the sensors of Mini 3 Pro / Mini 4 Pro / Air 3 identical in their properties OR are there different sensors with different properties installed in these 3 models ? And what is the truth about this "stacked sensor" rumor ? And again: Is the sensor in the Mini 3 Pro not identical to the sensors in the Mini 4 Pro and the Air ? So is the sensor in the Mini 3 Pro not state of the art and the sensors in the Mini 4 Pro and the Air 3 are more advanced sensors with improved features ? I don't think I can make my question any clearer than that. It would be very welcome if DJI is now ready to let the cat out of the bag.

Hi there .Thank you for reaching out. Kindly please refer to this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid3141132 as I explained and responded to your query on that thread. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Thank you.
2023-9-29
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Bullflier Posted at 9-29 08:38
Watch this video on YouTube, it is in French but I think you can use subtitles

I tried to understand the video with German subtitles but the translation is very poor but what I think I understood
is that he thinks the Mini 4 Pro is a little better than the Mini 3 Pro. I think he also has some pros and cons points
pointed out but I did not understand with this poor translation.

2023-9-30
Use props
greg_p
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243865 ft

France

Try english subtitles, may be the translation is better
2023-9-30
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

Space Dream Posted at 9-30 00:44
I tried to understand the video with German subtitles but the translation is very poor but what I think I understood
is that he thinks the Mini 4 Pro is a little better than the Mini 3 Pro. I think he also has some pros and cons points
pointed out but I did not understand with this poor translation.

The translation of the subtitles into Spanish is also not very good. He speaks very fast and the texts do not flow as much. I reduced the playback speed of the video on YouTube to 0.75 to be able to read the texts, there are some words in the middle with the wrong translation. But I think It's the best test on youtube I have seen by now
2023-9-30
Use props
SCoutts
First Officer
Flight distance : 1922434 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Burt37 Posted at 9-28 16:59
You are 100% correct...

I got to the same conclusion after being ignored about the same question...

It's been driving me nuts for a long time. Haha! Cheers!
2023-9-30
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Bullflier Posted at 9-27 05:04
I know that there are two people who are preparing a comparison of the Mini 4 pro camera with the 24 mm. camera of the Air 3. One of them is very meticulous in his tests, and I know that when he does it we will draw very good conclusions

Any news on this test comparison ?

2023-9-30
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

Space Dream Posted at 9-30 05:57
Any news on this test comparison ?

As soon as I know something I will say it here
2023-9-30
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

You all are making a bid deal over nothing….now go out and capture some great videos and enjoy what you have.  Oh one more thing mini 4 pro and air 3 both  have the same stacked sensor. Lol
2023-10-1
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

It may or may not be. What is clear is that the quality of the videos and photos is not the same, as can be seen in the YouTube video that I have posted here. I'm waiting for a similar comparison between the Mini 4 pro and the 24mm camera of the Air 3,  and check if these differences exist between these two models and are as evident as they are seen between the Mini 4 Pro and the Mini 3 Pro.
2023-10-1
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

MHM Posted at 10-1 06:28
You all are making a bid deal over nothing….now go out and capture some great videos and enjoy what you have.  Oh one more thing mini 4 pro and air 3 both  have the same stacked sensor. Lol

You missed the last info from DJI in this forum ...

Only Mini 3 Pro & Mini 4 Pro have the same sensor

2023-10-1
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

Space Dream Posted at 10-1 08:57
You missed the last info from DJI in this forum ...

Only Mini 3 Pro & Mini 4 Pro have the same sensor

At the moment the only thing that a forum administrator has said is that the sensors of the Air3, Mini3 Pro and Mini4 Pro are the same size and so are the lenses. He has not said that the sensors are the same. He has said that he will look for more information about it and that he will try to publish it in the characteristics of each model. (Search the forum: "Air 3 Mini 4 and Mini 3 Camera CMOS..."). The native dual ISO on the Air3 is 100 and 400, and on the Mini3 Pro and Mini4 Pro it is 100 and 800. Between the Mini3 Pro and the Mini4 Pro there is a difference in quality in favor of the Mini4 Pro, as you can see in the YouTube review that is posted here at number 84, which not only provides visual data, but also technical measurements. That's why I say again that it would be interesting to see this same type of comparison between the Mini4 Pro and the 24mm camera. of the Air3. At this point, whether the sensors are the same or not, we know that they are the same size, now let's look at the quality that the Air3 provides compared to the Mini4 Pro. At least that is what I am interested in knowing.
2023-10-1
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Bullflier Posted at 10-1 11:00
At the moment the only thing that a forum administrator has said is that the sensors of the Air3, Mini3 Pro and Mini4 Pro are the same size and so are the lenses. He has not said that the sensors are the same. He has said that he will look for more information about it and that he will try to publish it in the characteristics of each model. (Search the forum: "Air 3 Mini 4 and Mini 3 Camera CMOS..."). The native dual ISO on the Air3 is 100 and 400, and on the Mini3 Pro and Mini4 Pro it is 100 and 800. Between the Mini3 Pro and the Mini4 Pro there is a difference in quality in favor of the Mini4 Pro, as you can see in the YouTube review that is posted here at number 84, which not only provides visual data, but also technical measurements. That's why I say again that it would be interesting to see this same type of comparison between the Mini4 Pro and the 24mm camera. of the Air3. At this point, whether the sensors are the same or not, we know that they are the same size, now let's look at the quality that the Air3 provides compared to the Mini4 Pro. At least that is what I am interested in knowing.

I know the thread, was involved there myself and the difference in the second iso specification (2x800 & 1x400) says enough AND otherwise it will be software changes (image optimizations) or improvements (questionable whether only the eye more pleasing or neutrally seen better). Not everything that shines more at first glance is necessarily better, this would really need a large spectrum of different shots made and compared but certainly not with YT videos. What is probably true, however, is that the Mini 4 Pro is apparently better at night shots. Maybe I will have a Mini 4 Pro in the future, then I can compare it for myself and decide subjectively.

2023-10-1
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

Space Dream Posted at 10-1 11:13
I know the thread, was involved there myself and the difference in the second iso specification (2x800 & 1x400) says enough AND otherwise it will be software changes (image optimizations) or improvements (questionable whether only the eye more pleasing or neutrally seen better). Not everything that shines more at first glance is necessarily better, this would really need a large spectrum of different shots made and compared but certainly not with YT videos. What is probably true, however, is that the Mini 4 Pro is apparently better at night shots. Maybe I will have a Mini 4 Pro in the future, then I can compare it for myself and decide subjectively.

Have you seen the technical data in the review of this thread? It is made by a professional photographer. Not only is it better at night shots, but it's also better overall. And I'm just talking about the camera. Regarding YouTube, it is true that it is not the best place to draw conclusions, but when you see two photos or videos side by side and see that one is better than the other, I would have no doubts. Despite being on YouTube.
2023-10-1
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

2023-10-1
Use props
illidan2000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4507595 ft
Italy

Bullflier Posted at 10-1 16:34
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-SpEmYCW0k

mini 4 pro is better than air 3 here
2023-10-3
Use props
fable
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6224147 ft
Cyprus

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-25 18:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The sensor size and the Lens of the DJI Air 3 and DJI Mini 4 Pro are the same (Stacked). You may access the link below to compare both aircraft with other different aircraft available on our website. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-consumer-drones

Hello,
Because there seems to be a vagueness remaining in blogs regarding this can you confirm that:
Mini 4P camera is identical toy Air 3 with the updated stack sensor with better low light performance and NOT the Mini 3P camera?
Thank you
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fable Posted at 10-4 01:45
Hello,
Because there seems to be a vagueness remaining in blogs regarding this can you confirm that:
Mini 4P camera is identical toy Air 3 with the updated stack sensor with better low light performance and NOT the Mini 3P camera?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, the sensor size and lens of the DJI Air 3 and DJI Mini 4 Pro are the same. Also, the DJI Mini 4 Pro has an improved noise reduction algorithm for night shots that effectively suppresses noise and facilitates clearer, cleaner footage. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-6
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

illidan2000 Posted at 10-3 08:19
mini 4 pro is better than air 3 here

Air 3 has slightly better contrast,and the green of the grass has a deeper color to it.
Air 3,mini 4 pro and 3 pro in that order.At least to me that's the way it looks.
2023-10-6
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

I have reduced the playback speed, to better compare the differences between the shared images

2023-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules