iPad....what do I have....
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quadifier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2664 ft
United States

I was given an iPad a couple of days ago...(belonged to a friend who passed away).  Problem is...I have no idea what it is.  When I go to the settings and click on "about", it says the model is MD512LL/A .  It has 64 GB ram and is a 9.7" display.  But other than that, I have no idea what it is.  I have no box or manual with it.  I thought I'd try it with my P3P just for kicks (although it's too big to fit the device holder)...but when I go to the app store and click on the DJI GO app to install, it says "Cannot download....This app is not compatible with your device."

This seems to be a really nice iPad so I was suprised that it won't load the GO app.

Can any of you Apple guys tell me what I have?  I do a search on the model number and get lots of hits....but nothing really tells me what I have.

2015-9-2
Use props
Bunkx9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

I suspect you have the iPad 2, circa 2010/11-ish. The GO app isn't compatible with that generation of iPad. I have the same one
2015-9-2
Use props
Quadifier
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Bunkx9.  I thought it might be a few years old.  The battery seems to hold charge really good.  It still shows 90% charge after 3+ hours of use.

I have a dedicated Galaxy Tab 4 7" tablet that I got just for the P3P...so it's not a loss.  There are plenty of uses for this iPad, but kinda hoped I could get it to work.

Thanks again.
2015-9-2
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's a 4th generation iPad:
http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Retina-Display-MD512LL-Generation/dp/B009W9APU0

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-9-2
Use props
Quadifier
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Phantom.  It had iOS 8.1 on it when I got it...but I updated it to 8.4.1 last night thinking it might let it load the GO app...but it was a no...GO
2015-9-2
Use props
martin
lvl.2
Sweden

http://i-funbox.com/ let's you install on an IPad 4 overriding
2015-9-2
Use props
martin
lvl.2
Sweden

... The iOS install/compability check. I installed the Pilot App fine on my iPad 4 but haven't tried it with Go!
2015-9-2
Use props
martin
lvl.2
Sweden

... the compability check. I installed the Pilot App fine on my IPad 4 but have not tried the Go App!
2015-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules