Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Delete Firmware file after install?
1514 2 2015-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bunkx9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

Quick question, after updating P3A firmware, confirming it was a "success" via .txt file (then deleting the .txt file)..

Are we supposed to leave the actual firmware file on the SD card after a successful update or delete it?  I left mine on it, as I thought the instructions said to..

Does it even matter?
2015-9-2
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 183694 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's really only helpful if you have more than one battery. If you keep the firmware or your memory card, it'll automatically be installed on your other batteries as you use them. I just cycle through my batteries after installing new firmware and then delete the firmware from the memory card.

If needed, here are detailed firmware installation instructions -- including the part about cycling through your spare batteries to install the firmware:
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... -using-dji-go.50065

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-9-2
Use props
Bunkx9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-9-3 01:14
It's really only helpful if you have more than one battery. If you keep the firmware or your memory  ...

That makes sense. Thanks!
2015-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules