One motor is different
1045 7 2015-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jaysmusik
lvl.1

United States

Hey everyone. I was fondling the P3X tonight and noticed one motor felt very different then the other three. If you rotate them slowly, three are fairly smooth while the fourth almost clicks with each step of rotation. It's so noticeably stiffer then the other three two different people who know nothing about quadcopters could tell exactly which motor was different. Anyone else notice this? Is it a valid concern? It flew fine last time I was out. Not sure on this. As always, Thanks for any input!
2015-9-2
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its definitely not ideal.. Could be nothing and could also nose dive the P3.. If you are really concerned ( since you have had a hands on feel of it ) then maybe contact DJI/Dealer about it.
2015-9-3
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

You shouldnt be worried because of that. Mine arrived like that from DJI Service Center.
2015-9-3
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Mine too. lf it's looking at me, the front left is slightly stiffer than the rest.
2015-9-3
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

Fondling ???? sounds a bit perverse  hahahahaha        I have motors that have defferent sounds but they "feel" all the same. For the $28 for a motor I would purchase a replacement….sure beats replacing the bird.
2015-9-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Only the lonely, would fancy a Phantom. ;-)
Must be all those sexy curves she has acquired over the years.
But her skin has gotten too thin, and fragile...

Perhaps @DJI could give her a Major Makeover, or DNA SPA treatment, and bring back some vitality to her carcass.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-4
Use props
teksashorns
lvl.1

United States

I too have one motor that goes on a little stiffer than the other three.   As of now, I've not issues with flight or removal of that prop.
2015-9-4
Use props
Ulysse
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
France

Mine too and the same for my friend's P3
2015-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now