DJI Mini 4 Pro Focus Tracking

2023-9-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Another nice find DA.     The focus tracking option "near ground flight" is a great addition.  Nice to see that you can now get a more natural camera angle instead of the 10 feet above you standard drone tracking angle. The omni directional obstacle avoidance worked really well.  
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-27 02:27
Another nice find DA.     The focus tracking option "near ground flight" is a great addition.  Nice to see that you can now get a more natural camera angle instead of the 10 feet above you standard drone tracking angle. The omni directional obstacle avoidance worked really well.

I wonder how it will compare to skydio?

I’ve just been joined for my flight.

2023-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 02:41
I wonder how it will compare to skydio?

Good question.  I'll have to find somebody that bought the Mini 4 Pro and see if we can put them up for a side by side test.  

Nice company that joined you.  How would you like to put one of those in your freezer?
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-27 14:32
Good question.  I'll have to find somebody that bought the Mini 4 Pro and see if we can put them up for a side by side test.  

Nice company that joined you.  How would you like to put one of those in your freezer?

Id need a bigger freezer. .   One of the younger ones was really interesting in my bag,   and for a moment I thought he was going to try and nibble a bit.
2023-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 23:34
Id need a bigger freezer. .   One of the younger ones was really interesting in my bag,   and for a moment I thought he was going to try and nibble a bit.

Some of the younger calves tend to be very inquisitive or at least they used to be on the farm I grew up on.  The drawback to cattle was they sure left a lot of cow patties plopped around everywhere.  
2023-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-28 10:36
Some of the younger calves tend to be very inquisitive or at least they used to be on the farm I grew up on.  The drawback to cattle was they sure left a lot of cow patties plopped around everywhere.

Both were true yesterday when. I walked though them.    Lots of eye watching and lots of mess to dodge.  
2023-9-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-28 21:55
Both were true yesterday when. I walked though them.    Lots of eye watching and lots of mess to dodge.

Good to know some things never change.  I can't tell you how many times I had to clean off my boots while working in the fields.  I always kept a 9-10 inch stick in my back pocket in case I needed one to clean off the cow patty muck on my boots.  Some days the stick survived unused for the day.  
2023-9-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-29 06:38
Good to know some things never change.  I can't tell you how many times I had to clean off my boots while working in the fields.  I always kept a 9-10 inch stick in my back pocket in case I needed one to clean off the cow patty muck on my boots.  Some days the stick survived unused for the day.

As a kid I saw what looked like a tarmac road next to a field,   I was 6 at the time,   I ran onto it to investigate only to find it wasnt tarmac.
2023-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-29 22:17
As a kid I saw what looked like a tarmac road next to a field,   I was 6 at the time,   I ran onto it to investigate only to find it wasnt tarmac.

Bet that was a lesson learned that you never forgot.  
2023-10-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-1 02:56
Bet that was a lesson learned that you never forgot.

Well my parents kept me on lead after that.   Especially as we'd driven there.  
2023-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 04:45
Well my parents kept me on lead after that.   Especially as we'd driven there.

Can't say as I'd blame them. Otherwise, would have made for a stinky ride.  
2023-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice find!
3-13 00:56
Use props
DAFlys
Captain