DJI 9/18/2023 Firmware Update Problems
1147 7 2023-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZuUi8Seum7Oo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111138 ft
United States

I updated our DJI M30T to the latest update (9/18/2023) and lost all Vision sensors, aircraft linking capability, and other functionality. DJI support has not responded to my inquiries on this matter. Has anyone else suffered this catastophy?
2023-9-26
Use props
GsquaredAerials
lvl.1

United States

I updated with no issues other than having to relink my controller to the drone. Sorry bout your issues.
2023-9-26
Use props
djiuser_ZuUi8Seum7Oo
lvl.2
United States

According to DJI M30 - M30T Owners Group (Facebook page), hundreds of other M30-M30T owners are suffering the same errors after installing the latest update. My vendor told me DJI Support Engineering recommends reverting back to Aircraft Firmware: v07.00.01.46, and then trying to reinstall the latest version. The only problem is DJI Assistant 2 doesn’t give me the Firmware option—it only lists the present version v07.01.00.26. Unfortunately, DJI’s SE Team are not familiar with their own release notes: (from 9/18/2023 Release Notes) "…The firmware cannot be downgraded to v07.00.01.46 or lower after updating to this version." Now, my vendor informs  me the aircraft will need to be sent in for DJI warranty service. Why can they not issue a "patch" for their apparent mistake? And why is DJI mum on the issue? Unacceptable.
2023-9-29
Use props
djiuser_MMYi4Rq0wT3w
lvl.1

Ireland

Latest firmware won't allow geounlockung on my air 2. Doesn't give the option to request unlocking code which worked fine immediately before the update was installed  
2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_ZDta7Hvu8xrd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 143356 ft
  • >>>
United States

The issue I'm having is that I no longer have access to terrain following feature after this latest firmware update.
2023-9-30
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

I also had some butt clenching issues while performing the update in the field. During the update, there was a point when one of the props twitched (not unusual) but the drone complained that there was a loose sleeve on one of the legs and to land immediately ??
I assumed the problem was the drone sensing the shaking and diagnosing the issue as a leg problem. No sleeves on my M30, right?
At the end, 2 issues arose - an ESC error and I apparently had been disconnected from the controller and aircraft.
I had to re-bind the M30 and the controller. Shutting down the drone and controller and restarting cleared the other errors and all is well - so far.
I flew a mapping mission immediately afterward that seemed to work fine, took pictures and video as well.
I've never had an update mess with the drone and controller so much.
2023-10-4
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

I had to rebind the aircraft and controller after the update or nothing worked. Have you done that?
2023-10-4
Use props
djiuser_ZuUi8Seum7Oo
lvl.2
United States

Hoarfrost Posted at 10-4 20:32
I had to rebind the aircraft and controller after the update or nothing worked. Have you done that?

Yes--I rebound the controllers to the the aircraft several times and finally, that resolved that issue. Vision Sensors and IR Sensors and other functionality are still inoperable. Per my vendor's request, shipped it back to DJI. I'll never trust another Firmware update after this episode.
2023-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules