Strange Drone GPS Behavior - Seeking Explanation
404 2 2023-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sukku
New

India

Hello fellow drone enthusiasts,

I recently had a rather unusual experience with my drone, and I'm hoping to get some insights from the community here. Here's what happened:

I was flying my drone from the 30th-floor window of a building. Everything seemed fine initially, but I noticed that the GPS signal wasn't updating as I moved away from the window. This had me a bit concerned, but I decided to continue my flight.

As I flew the drone further, the "Return to Home" (RTH) function suddenly activated, and to my surprise, it was pointing exactly in the middle of a river. The strange part is that the range was fixed at 15 meters from the RTH point, which, as mentioned, was in the middle of the river.

My location at this point was approximately 50 meters away from the RTH point, and the drone started returning to my location. Fortunately, a friend was nearby and helped bring it back safely after I landed it in a secure location.

I'm left puzzled by this entire sequence of events. Why did the GPS fail to update initially, and why did the RTH point end up in the middle of a river? If anyone has experienced something similar or has insights into why this happened, I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thank you in advance for your assistance and expertise.

Best regards,
Sukku

2023-9-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Have you experienced a similar experience when flying from different locations? Please ensure the APP and the firmware versions are the latest and ensure the GPS signal is strong and there is no interference. Have a great day ahead.
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you get the home point set before you took off and checked it was correct on the map?
2023-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules