Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Pocket 3 Spotted in the wild.....

Super excited to see this,  please release it DJI and take my money before Christmas.

F6-rAzaXMAAGri7.jpeg
2023-9-26
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

It have been some leaks about it last weeks. So I guess it will come in November.

F5-Nx7CW4AAJ2ma.jpg
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 9-27 00:54
It have been some leaks about it last weeks. So I guess it will come in November.

That looks like the screen might rotate for storage.  
2023-9-27
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 01:16

Yes I agree, would be great if it could do that.
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

johansenfoto Posted at 9-27 01:47
Yes I agree, would be great if it could do that.

Fingers crossed it’s launched this year.  Preferably next week.
2023-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great find DA.    I'm ready to order also so I hope DJI releases it soon.  
2023-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 01:16

If that is a rotatable screen that will be a huge plus.  I like that it's a little bigger for viewing but will still be able to carry it around in the pocket.  Can't wait to hear the official specs on this version of the Pocket.
2023-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 9-27 00:54

I hadn't seen that shot.  Thanks for sharing.  
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-27 03:06
Great find DA.    I'm ready to order also so I hope DJI releases it soon.

I’d love one for my trip in October.  But before Christmas will be fine.
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-27 03:09
If that is a rotatable screen that will be a huge plus.  I like that it's a little bigger for viewing but will still be able to carry it around in the pocket.  Can't wait to hear the official specs on this version of the Pocket.

It was mentioned on bills show and they think it rotates too.   It’s looking ready for sale too now.   All polished and not like a prototype.
2023-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 03:29
I’d love one for my trip in October.  But before Christmas will be fine.

How early in October are you going?  Might still be a chance if it is mid to late October.  If that display was able to rotate it is going to be really unique and nice to have a bit bigger display but not take up additional room in your pocket or for storage.
2023-9-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 03:31
It was mentioned on bills show and they think it rotates too.   It’s looking ready for sale too now.   All polished and not like a prototype.

Now you got me excited to get my hands on in even more than before.  I'll be looking for the cryptic email to announce something new coming out with a date hopefully not to far away.

I searched the FCC data base and found Pocket and Pocket 2 listings but no Pocket 3.  Wonder if it will have a different name?
2023-9-27
Use props
RobCass
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It probably does rotate for both storage as well as vertical shooting. Nicely done DJI if that is the case.
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RobCass Posted at 9-27 17:22
It probably does rotate for both storage as well as vertical shooting. Nicely done DJI if that is the case.

I really hope that it does rotate, thats going to be fantastic if it does.
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-27 14:46
Now you got me excited to get my hands on in even more than before.  I'll be looking for the cryptic email to announce something new coming out with a date hopefully not to far away.

I searched the FCC data base and found Pocket and Pocket 2 listings but no Pocket 3.  Wonder if it will have a different name?

I thought only devices that had radios in them went to the FCC database,   is that not the case?
2023-9-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-27 14:40
How early in October are you going?  Might still be a chance if it is mid to late October.  If that display was able to rotate it is going to be really unique and nice to have a bit bigger display but not take up additional room in your pocket or for storage.

Got about 2 weeks,  were head off mid week to mid week.
2023-9-27
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I have to admit the rotating screen idea would be a pretty unique and useful one. It does make me think a bit about how long the mechanism will last though, but maybe they do have it thought out.
2023-9-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 23:36
I thought only devices that had radios in them went to the FCC database,   is that not the case?

Something to do with the wifi connectivity certifications I believe.
2023-9-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-27 23:37
Got about 2 weeks,  were head off mid week to mid week.

Well hopefully, the Pocket 3 comes out by then and it meets your needs.  
2023-9-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 9-28 09:43
I have to admit the rotating screen idea would be a pretty unique and useful one. It does make me think a bit about how long the mechanism will last though, but maybe they do have it thought out.

Yeah, that could turn out to be a weak point for sure.
2023-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 9-28 09:43
I have to admit the rotating screen idea would be a pretty unique and useful one. It does make me think a bit about how long the mechanism will last though, but maybe they do have it thought out.

Canon have done the screen rotating thing for a while now and they last well.  So assuming they get the quality right I dont see an issue.
2023-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-28 10:39
Something to do with the wifi connectivity certifications I believe.

Of course its got wifi an bluetooth inside it.  
2023-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-28 12:19
Well hopefully, the Pocket 3 comes out by then and it meets your needs.

I have everything crossed for a quick launch.  
2023-9-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-28 21:52
Of course its got wifi an bluetooth inside it.

It sure does and that is why it requires FCC certification before it can be sold in the US.  Checked again this morning and nothing came up in the search unless they have changed the name significantly.  I tried to search for just DJI and that proved to be too wide of a search as they have hundreds of entries on the FCC database.
2023-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-28 22:06
I have everything crossed for a quick launch.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you also.  Hopefully, that cryptic announcement email will come out really soon.  Seems like the week before a new release you get the mystery email.  
2023-9-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 9-28 21:45
Canon have done the screen rotating thing for a while now and they last well.  So assuming they get the quality right I dont see an issue.

Well, DJI probably has spent time with research and developing, so I guess they get it to last well enough.
2023-9-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 9-29 13:59
Well, DJI probably has spent time with research and developing, so I guess they get it to last well enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if the mechanism to do the rotate is a part from a component supplier thats already been heavily tested.
2023-9-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-29 06:34
It sure does and that is why it requires FCC certification before it can be sold in the US.  Checked again this morning and nothing came up in the search unless they have changed the name significantly.  I tried to search for just DJI and that proved to be too wide of a search as they have hundreds of entries on the FCC database.

I noticed the the RID for Air3 and Mini 4 is missing in the rid database so perhaps they are just late filling these days as not to give away new products.  
2023-9-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-29 07:00
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you also.  Hopefully, that cryptic announcement email will come out really soon.  Seems like the week before a new release you get the mystery email.

Some cryptic reference to the rotating screen Im thinking.
2023-9-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 9-29 21:55
I wouldn't be surprised if the mechanism to do the rotate is a part from a component supplier thats already been heavily tested.

Would certainly make sense.
2023-9-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 9-30 02:18
Would certainly make sense.

Most car parts are no longer made by the manufacturer,    they buy everything from suppliers like Bosch which have the benefits of scale with selling to multiple companies.  
2023-9-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 9-30 02:21
Most car parts are no longer made by the manufacturer,    they buy everything from suppliers like Bosch which have the benefits of scale with selling to multiple companies.

Yes, that is certainly not unusual in the automotive world. Makes sense in financial and mass-producing sense for the manufacturing. It sometimes does have disadvantages though, I remember somebody rich complaining about his Lamborghini having the same dashboard switches as a Volkswagen has.
2023-9-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 9-30 02:28
Yes, that is certainly not unusual in the automotive world. Makes sense in financial and mass-producing sense for the manufacturing. It sometimes does have disadvantages though, I remember somebody rich complaining about his Lamborghini having the same dashboard switches as a Volkswagen has.

Aston Martin used to do do that with Ford switches and locks,  sad thing was they were 100% better than the ones Aston Martin were using but people didnt like it as they recognised it.

If you interested in how the electrical components work out just out mouser.com they are one of th big suppliers.  
2023-9-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 9-30 02:33
Aston Martin used to do do that with Ford switches and locks,  sad thing was they were 100% better than the ones Aston Martin were using but people didnt like it as they recognised it.

If you interested in how the electrical components work out just out mouser.com they are one of th big suppliers.

Yes, I remember hearing Aston Martin and Ford were closely co-operating at some point, so that would make sense. It does feel a bit off that people complain about switches that work better only because they recognize them being used in a cheaper brand automotives.

I think the electronics hardware stuff is more for my brothers and father. While I am interested in technology, I don't have that much of an idea about how it actually works. Could possibly be interesting to study about it at some point though.
2023-9-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 9-30 02:40
Yes, I remember hearing Aston Martin and Ford were closely co-operating at some point, so that would make sense. It does feel a bit off that people complain about switches that work better only because they recognize them being used in a cheaper brand automotives.

I think the electronics hardware stuff is more for my brothers and father. While I am interested in technology, I don't have that much of an idea about how it actually works. Could possibly be interesting to study about it at some point though.

Ford bought AMG at one point along with Volvo,   but during the big downturn I 2008 they sold it all off,  out a loss if my memory serves.

Funnily enough,  one of todays shots I posted is from a drone shot of the capri car show at the Ford HQ that I took 5 years ago and ended up in one of the publications.  
2023-9-30
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 9-30 02:46
Ford bought AMG at one point along with Volvo,   but during the big downturn I 2008 they sold it all off,  out a loss if my memory serves.

Funnily enough,  one of todays shots I posted is from a drone shot of the capri car show at the Ford HQ that I took 5 years ago and ended up in one of the publications.

Ooh, I'll have to see that post. My older brother is a huge Ford Capri fan and even owns one, though it need significant repairing to be roadworthy. I'm certain that would really excite him.
2023-9-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 9-30 02:49
Ooh, I'll have to see that post. My older brother is a huge Ford Capri fan and even owns one, though it need significant repairing to be roadworthy. I'm certain that would really excite him.

lol,   I think there are a lot of capri's that need some major work these days.
2023-9-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-29 22:08
I noticed the the RID for Air3 and Mini 4 is missing in the rid database so perhaps they are just late filling these days as not to give away new products.

Yeah, lots of finger pointing on that.  DJI says documents were filed and it is up to FAA to get them posted on their website.  FAA says they haven't received the documents required to be reviewed before listing on their website as compliant.  So who knows which is the culprit.
2023-10-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-29 22:20
Some cryptic reference to the rotating screen Im thinking.

Yes, that would work for sure.  
2023-10-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

DAFlys Posted at 9-30 22:42
lol,   I think there are a lot of capri's that need some major work these days.

Yes, it's not exactly the latest model ever. But on the other hand, all of the greatest vintage cars that are in excellent condition have a lot of blood, sweat and tears put into them in the restoration. Takes a lot of time and effort to really make it shine.
2023-10-1
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules