Dangerous bug in the firmware
2890 28 2015-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cosenza1914
New

Italy

hi
While I was flying around the 30% of the battery drone crashed without notice. While I was landing, the aircraft without an apparent reason decided to return home not respecting the height of the failsafe (60 meters)and speeding towards the point home (thankfully was 3-4 meters high !! otherwise I could have hit me) logically not respecting the height of failsafe hit a tree. With the damage that followed
This is video of flight log. The log .dat it can not recover because the firmware is corrupted

What do you think?

2015-9-2
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You had downward throttle almost the entire time after the RTH low battery triggered a go home.. Why do this when you had a tree between the P3 and the home point?

lowpower.PNG

Unless you chnaged it, the automatic Go Home failsafe is at 10% battery not 30%
2015-9-2
Use props
Cosenza1914
New

Italy

although the throttle down the Phantom has kept a constant height, now I had come to earth before he left the rth without notice and how to stop it
2015-9-2
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The video you posted does not show some important info ( height, battery status ). Post the log file from the App. The video is only 2 minutes long yet for some reason it triggered a low battery warning ( how low was the battery when you started the flight? )

The log file form the App will show some of this information

2015-9-3
Use props
Cosenza1914
New

Italy

the log file by phantom I can not retrieve it because the firmware is corrupt.They started with 30% of battery. I reached as maximum height 61 meters, but as you see I was before the crash landing with the throttle down, so I was definitely at a height <61 metri.Il failsafe I set it to 60 meters. I estimate I were at a height of 3-4 meters before he left the rth without notice and without way stop it (the Phantom has not raised but left up to where he was, and even though I held the throttle down has continued to go to 3-4 meters) and if he were a meter off the ground? Cut off their heads?
2015-9-3
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The log file from the App is stored on the phone not the Phantom..

Here a video shows how to get the logs on Ipad ( for Android its a case of plugging the phone onto a computer and browsing for it. )

2015-9-3
Use props
Cosenza1914
New

Italy

this is the log

DJIFlightRecord_2015-08-29_[19-25-55].zip

49.51 KB, Down times: 18

2015-9-3
Use props
fransnobel
lvl.1

Netherlands

Takeoff battery is at 24% why you clime to 65 meters with low battery?
Landing Battery is at 15% this is not the emergency landing, that is normal at 10%
I think you caused this crash by yourself, don't blame DJI or faulty firmware.
2015-9-3
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I really don't see any fault with the P3 here.. You were at 31m prior to the low battery RTH and continued to descend manually during the RTH

You had 24% battery at takeoff, this is really not a good idea. You had 15% when it RTH.. IMO, nothing went wrong here.. If its broken, send it to DJI and see what they say..
rthcrash.PNG
2015-9-3
Use props
fransnobel
lvl.1

Netherlands

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-3 09:48
You had downward throttle almost the entire time after the RTH low battery triggered a go home.. Why ...

He can have changed this to 15%
2015-9-3
Use props
KaiserSoze9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35365551 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Sorry but in the RTH procedure, my Phantom first raise at the preset altitude, THEN return to home. Why this time it goes straight to home point?
2015-9-3
Use props
Cosenza1914
New

Italy

dji go marked 30% at takeoff, the rth was not to be reported from the app?
2015-9-3
Use props
Cosenza1914
New

Italy

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-3 10:59
I really don't see any fault with the P3 here.. You were at 31m prior to the low battery RTH and con ...
How I can see the complete log? thanks
2015-9-3
Use props
Fred1969
lvl.2

United States

KaiserSoze9 Posted at 2015-9-3 05:27
Sorry but in the RTH procedure, my Phantom first raise at the preset altitude, THEN return to home.  ...

It looks like you did not allow it too ascend to the RTH altitude.  You held it down by holding the throttle down.
2015-9-3
Use props
Cosenza1914
New

Italy

Fred1969 Posted at 2015-9-3 16:11
It looks like you did not allow it too ascend to the RTH altitude.  You held it down by holding th ...

I was landing, the rth has issued warnings
2015-9-3
Use props
Rigworker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-3 01:48
You had downward throttle almost the entire time after the RTH low battery triggered a go home.. Why ...

Isnt the go home at 30% and the criltical low and land now at 10%.
2015-9-3
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

Cosenza1914 Posted at 2015-9-4 00:05
I was landing, the rth has issued warnings

then you should have canceled the RTH. there is a 10 second delay along with some loud beeps before the RTH even enguages. sorry to say, but after looking at the battery lvl at takeoff and the fact you tried to fight the RTH instead of cancel leads me to say this was user error
2015-9-3
Use props
Fred1969
lvl.2

United States

User error.  RTFM
2015-9-3
Use props
KaiserSoze9
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Fred1969 Posted at 2015-9-3 16:11
It looks like you did not allow it too ascend to the RTH altitude.  You held it down by holding th ...

It's not me. I'm just asking. RTFP.

Then, again: RTH is made of three part:
1) Raise to the selected high
2) Move to the Home point
3) Descend and landing

So, why, even if you keep the throttle down, the aircraft go straight to home point IMMEDIATLY?
This is a fault procedure, imho.

2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

KaiserSoze9 Posted at 2015-9-4 03:31
It's not me. I'm just asking. RTFP.

Then, again: RTH is made of three part:

because now u have smart home point, which gives u the ability to control all movements in rth. so by pulling down on throttle you are basically overriding RTH
2015-9-3
Use props
KaiserSoze9
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-3 21:54
because now u have smart home point, which gives u the ability to control all movements in rth. so ...

If I'm overriding RTH... Why the aircraft go home? This is exacty the point.  
2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

KaiserSoze9 Posted at 2015-9-4 04:01
If I'm overriding RTH... Why the aircraft go home? This is exacty the point.

by pulling the throttle stick down you are not cancelling rth, u are overriding the height command. if u want to can cell rth, then press rth button again
2015-9-3
Use props
KaiserSoze9
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

So, if you pull down, Aircraft will not land but skip to reach the selected altitude and go to the home point at very low altitude.  This is a faulty procedure. Really unsafe and risky, Don't you think?

2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
United States

KaiserSoze9 Posted at 2015-9-3 18:02
So, if you pull down, Aircraft will not land but skip to reach the selected altitude and go to the h ...

if you pull down then it is not skipping anything, it will descend as instructed. maybe there is a wire at the set height that wasnt noticed b4 take off and now you noticed it, threfore u can use throttle stick to raise or lower p3. i dont see any problems here. if one initiates RTH, then either let it do its thing or cancel if u want to take over!
2015-9-3
Use props
Fred1969
lvl.2

United States

Total pilot error.  First you took off with an inadequate power supply.  Second you apparently did not set up the RTH the way it should have been set up.  Third when the drone attempted to do what you had it programed to do you crashed it.  If you are going to continue flying these drones you should except your mistakes, learn from them and quit playing the blame game.
2015-9-3
Use props
ag0n
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

KaiserSoze9 Posted at 2015-9-3 17:02
So, if you pull down, Aircraft will not land but skip to reach the selected altitude and go to the h ...

When you initiate RTH, you are expected to TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF OF THE CONTROLS.  It will fly itself to the RTH altitude, move to right over the HOME position, and then land straight down.  If you interfere with the altitude or direction, you will modify the RTH procedure.  Holding down on the throttle as you did, told it to NOT rise to the RTH altitude, but you didn't use the other stick to keep it from crashing into the tree.  Leave your hands off the controls if you want it to operate RTH properly.  Sorry to say, you crashed your own Phantom.
2015-9-3
Use props
KaiserSoze9
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-4 05:02
When you initiate RTH, you are expected to TAKE YOUR HANDS OFF OF THE CONTROLS.  It will fly itsel ...

Again, i've not crash my Phantom, I'm only trying to understand:
Why RTH 'jumped' first step to go ONLY up to reach selected altitude.
Forget about crash, forget about pilot or dji fault. If the aircraft go to home point because the sticks (and in this case only the throttle) are used it is a very  risky and unsafe behaviour.
2015-9-3
Use props
KaiserSoze9
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Sorry double post, How can I delete it?
2015-9-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4