3698 68 2023-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-28 00:12
Are you saying "so long as you are not inconvenienced it doesn't matter that other flyers are *^%$£@! " ?

Do you think other pilots do mather about what I need and why I have a drone for?
It doesn't matter to me, I bought the drone for entertaining videos and photos of seascapes, some
professional real state works, since I'm a photographer. That's why I don't need to fly over 120m, but even then, the Mini is not made for that kind of flights... for climbing big mountains or buidings, whatever, buy a bigger drone, get your licence to fly that drone and fly it! And if you need to go higher, just moove your legs and go higher! Can you do that?

"If everybody loved yellow color, what's the purpose of having other colors?"

It's obvious that I wouldn't mind if everybody could fly over or till 500m, at all! But it's not my intention, so I don't really mind about it. Got it?
2023-9-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 9-29 15:38
Do you think other pilots do mather about what I need and why I have a drone for?
It doesn't matter to me, I bought the drone for entertaining videos and photos of seascapes, some
professional real state works, since I'm a photographer. That's why I don't need to fly over 120m, but even then, the Mini is not made for that kind of flights... for climbing big mountains or buidings, whatever, buy a bigger drone, get your licence to fly that drone and fly it! And if you need to go higher, just moove your legs and go higher! Can you do that?

Not everyone is able-bodied, plus, why would you want to start walking when you have a perfectly good drone? or did have as the case may be soon enough lol I mean, it defeats the whole object, does it not?

Give it time, there will be a restriction in horizontal distance too, probably 300m, 500m at a stretch.
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DroneMonkey.works Posted at 9-29 02:17
How about, instead of forcibly modifying the specification of drones we have already purchased (Mini 2, 2 SE, 3, 3 Pro etc) by pushing a Firmware update to restrict our drones to max 120m from takeoff position (rather than above ground level vertical relative to the drone, as the law itself permits) then "offering" us the change to "retroactively apply for a C0 sticker" (something that many of us neither want nor require to operate legally)... instead you ask us if we WANT to apply for a C0 certification, and only for those who consent you impose the max 120m from point of takeoff restriction?

Ultimately, you're imposing a restriction on customers for a product purchased with a particular specification. I'm certain this is actually a violation of EU commercial trade laws (reducing the suitability for purpose of a product by artificial means AFTER the point of sale).

Hello there. Thank you for your feedback. We will forward this to the designated team for attention. We appreciate your understanding.
2023-9-29
Use props
DroneMonkey.works
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2059849 ft
Czechia

Potato mini Posted at 9-29 10:13
then just keep your RC offline if you are using it

Again, if your RC is disconnected for long enough, DJI's app FORCES you to connect (and actually log back in to your DJI account, at which point it forcibly checks for and installs updates) at which point, you're screwed.
2023-9-30
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

DroneMonkey.works Posted at 9-30 03:30
Again, if your RC is disconnected for long enough, DJI's app FORCES you to connect (and actually log back in to your DJI account, at which point it forcibly checks for and installs updates) at which point, you're screwed.

You can always just factory reset if you don't like some thing
2023-9-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potato mini Posted at 9-30 13:06
You can always just factory reset if you don't like some thing

Can you factory reset the drone???? Especially if they play with the anti roll back number thing?
2023-9-30
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-28 00:12
Are you saying "so long as you are not inconvenienced it doesn't matter that other flyers are *^%$£@! " ?

Looks who is calling the kettle black...

May I refresh your memory when you made  a similar statement about some of us having problem with the radio constantly logging out...

And I quote:

"I'm not really troubled by the log out 'problem"

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... =282869&pid=3130624

Interesting....
2023-9-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 9-30 15:08
Looks who is calling the cattle black...

May I refresh your memory when you made  a similar statement about some of us having problem with the radio constantly logging out...

It would be even more interesting if you quoted the entirety of the relevant conversation, not just the snippet that suits your position.

You..."My brother in a similar situation to yours, ended up buying an Autel a couple of days ago and gave me his Mavic3...
It has been months since we report this issue, but nothing has been done in the latest update either...
"

Me... "Why not start a poll asking who would like the log out interval set at a, b, c etc.?"

You ...."Don't really see the point of it... But no one is stopping you...."

Me ..."I'm not really troubled by the log out 'problem' ..... so far, so it wouldn't be appropriate."
You..."Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-15 03:29

I'm not really troubled by the log out 'problem' ..... so far, so it wouldn't be appropriate.
Sounds fair.. I'll try to keep that in mind."

Now that the entire context is visible it can be seen I was saying it wouldn't be appropriate for me to post the poll, that you notably wouldn't, since I was not experiencing automated log outs. You even agreed with me.

2023-9-30
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-30 15:39
It would be even more interesting if you quoted the entirety of the relevant conversation, not just the snippet that suits your position.

You..."My brother in a similar situation to yours, ended up buying an Autel a couple of days ago and gave me his Mavic3...

Sorry Sean, but you are wrong here...

And no. I didn't agree with you, but I did promised to keep that remark in mind, and as you can see, I did...

Now, if you want to try to turn it around and play with words, that's your call, but I won't get stuck into this game...

Interesting was another word for hypocrisy...

It is a very fine line, but it is there...

EDIT:

And it looks like SnowSkier sort you out pretty quickly as well. He didn't need any help after all...

2023-9-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 9-30 16:17
Sorry Sean, but you are wrong here...

And no. I didn't agree with but I did promised to keep that remark in mind, and as you can see, I did...

I'm not playing with words, I read and quoted what you typed and I know the context of what I meant and you are quoting/citing out of context.
Last response to you in this thread, play your games with someone else.
2023-9-30
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-30 14:01
Can you factory reset the drone???? Especially if they play with the anti roll back number thing?

On the RC you can factory reset, uninstall then reinstall. the drone, idk
2023-9-30
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-30 14:01

here's the thread where i told a guy how to reset the RC https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D779%26typeid%3D779
2023-9-30
Use props
SnowSkier Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
Portugal

Bashy Posted at 9-29 17:57
Not everyone is able-bodied, plus, why would you want to start walking when you have a perfectly good drone? or did have as the case may be soon enough lol I mean, it defeats the whole object, does it not?

Give it time, there will be a restriction in horizontal distance too, probably 300m, 500m at a stretch.

Who's talking about walking? We're talking about altitude over 120m...And I'm very sorry about disabled people, but not everyone is, most of us aren't, right?

And about restrictions in horizontal distance, can you see your mini with your own eyes at 500m ahead? Man, you must be a prodigy...
2023-9-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SnowSkier Pilot Posted at 9-30 17:12
Who's talking about walking? We're talking about altitude over 120m...And I'm very sorry about disabled people, but not everyone is, most of us aren't, right?

And about restrictions in horizontal distance, can you see your mini with your own eyes at 500m ahead? Man, you must be a prodigy...

You were talking about walking lol and i quote (again mind) "just moove your legs and go higher! Can you do that?" Those were your exact words including typo.
2023-9-30
Use props
PeaKay
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-29 20:14
Hello there. Thank you for your feedback. We will forward this to the designated team for attention. We appreciate your understanding.

I agree with @DroneMonkey.works.

Especially since it is planned by EASA in the mentioned EU countries that existing drones <250g (which were purchased before 01.01.2024 and do not have a C label) are allowed to continue to fly in category A1 from 01.01.2024 without further changes, which also includes the preservation of the 500m limit. A general reduction of the maximum adjustable altitude would mean a significant disadvantage for existing customers. The voluntary opt-in procedure as well as a new revision of the old drones (Mini 2, Mini 3, Mini 3P with C0 label), if sold in 2024, makes much more sense than to upset all existing customers with the general restriction, especially since it is not required by law.
2023-10-2
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-29 03:50
Hi there. Yes, this Law is applicable to EU countries: Austria,  Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark,  Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia,  Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Hello @DJI Paladin
I live in Norway, we are not a member of EU.
If I purchase a Mini 4 Pro from DJI store after January 2024, will it have the 120m limit or not?

Best regards from BJ in Norway
2023-10-2
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

PeaKay Posted at 10-2 02:24
I agree with @DroneMonkey.works.

Especially since it is planned by EASA in the mentioned EU countries that existing drones

EUR-Lex - 02019R0947-20200606 - EN - EUR-Lex (europa.eu)
1.JPG

Certification of the mini to C0 range has been largely required by users of the forum. Without having read what it implied.
2023-10-2
Use props
PeaKay
lvl.2
Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-2 02:31
EUR-Lex - 02019R0947-20200606 - EN - EUR-Lex (europa.eu)
[view_image]

I think they should have informed themselves better then. C0 only brings disadvantages for the Mini 2 - Mini 3 Pro, no advantages.

What should the picture tell us?
2023-10-2
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

PeaKay Posted at 10-2 02:53
I think they should have informed themselves better then. C0 only brings disadvantages for the Mini 2 - Mini 3 Pro, no advantages.

What should the picture tell us?

The legacy drone are those placed on the market before 01/2023 not purchase before 01/2024 as you stated.

Yes, we have been several to have read this law and to specify to these people that it will bring nothing positive, but nobody wanted to know anything and Dji retained this option. Unfortunately.
2023-10-2
Use props
PeaKay
lvl.2
Germany

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-2 02:56
The legacy drone are those placed on the market before 01/2023 not purchase before 01/2024 as you stated.

Yes, we have been several to have read this law and to specify to these people that it will bring nothing positive, but nobody wanted to know anything and Dji retained this option. Unfortunately.

Since the effective date of the regulation has been postponed to 01.01.2024, my statement should be correct:

Source:
https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal- ... 02019R0947-20220404

That is one of the reasons I bought a Mini 3 Pro
2023-10-2
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

PeaKay Posted at 10-2 04:22
Since the effective date of the regulation has been postponed to 01.01.2024, my statement should be correct:
[view_image]
Source:

Yes you are right the M4 modification is the most recent.
2023-10-2
Use props
DroneMonkey.works
lvl.2
Czechia

So, I once again stress my previous point:

As there is no EASA law requiring that drones released onto the market prior to January 1st 2024 be in any way modified to meet C0 criteria, and in accordance with EU consumer laws, it is the right of each individual customer to decide whether or not they want the specification of a product they have already purchased to be changed in such a way as to reduce its capabilities, performance, or suitability for purpose.

So, I reiterate that the best solution is for the firmware update to provide each customer with the CHOICE to opt-in for C0, and only impose C0 restrictions for those who actually opt-in.
2023-10-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DroneMonkey.works Posted at 10-4 00:04
So, I once again stress my previous point:

As there is no EASA law requiring that drones released onto the market prior to January 1st 2024 be in any way modified to meet C0 criteria, and in accordance with EU consumer laws, it is the right of each individual customer to decide whether or not they want the specification of a product they have already purchased to be changed in such a way as to reduce its capabilities, performance, or suitability for purpose.

I have big doubts about whether it is legally feasible to choose or not a certification for the same reference.  

It is the manufacturer who chooses to certify his product or not.  Indeed, in the case of drones placed on the market before 01/2024, nothing obliges them to do so.  But commercially it is certainly more sales to have certified drones.  

I'm going to ask my insurer, we'll see what they think.  I already suspect the answer having already asked similar question, they recommend in this case declaring the drone as being modified (built by yourself from drone elements).
2023-10-4
Use props
DroneMonkey.works
lvl.2
Czechia

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-4 00:18
I have big doubts about whether it is legally feasible to choose or not a certification for the same reference.  

It is the manufacturer who chooses to certify his product or not.  Indeed, in the case of drones placed on the market before 01/2024, nothing obliges them to do so.  But commercially it is certainly more sales to have certified drones.  

This is exactly what they've done with the Mavic 3 and C1 certification.
It was opt-in.

It's entirely feasible not only legally (since the C0 cert labels will only be sent to those whom opt in to C0 certification of their drone(s)) but also practically (since the Mavic 3 firmware already worked exactly this way for C1 cert)
2023-10-4
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Latvia

DroneMonkey.works Posted at 10-4 00:42
This is exactly what they've done with the Mavic 3 and C1 certification.
It was opt-in.

I don't know.  Vast problem, we will see what will be decided.
2023-10-4
Use props
DroneMonkey.works
lvl.2
Czechia

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-4 00:49
I don't know.  Vast problem, we will see what will be decided.

My insurance provider is telling me that, because the Mini 3 Pro (and the other pre-4-pro Mini drones) were never certified as C0, insurance companies are treating them no differently (certainly, mine is not treating them differently).
The lady I'm talking to as I type this also just said that C0 doesn't mean anything to insurance companies, a <250g drone is considered equal whether they give it C0 cert or not.
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

ArcticPhoto Posted at 10-2 02:28
Hello @DJI Paladin
I live in Norway, we are not a member of EU.
If I purchase a Mini 4 Pro from DJI store after January 2024, will it have the 120m limit or not?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. This law is applicable to the following:

The EU countries are Austria,&nbsp;Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark,&nbsp;Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia,&nbsp;Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden.
2023-10-4
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DroneMonkey.works Posted at 9-27 07:08.  Post #31
For those whom would argue that it doesn't matter, that professionals don't use C0 drones... let me explain something as an busy commercial operator: WE DO USE THE MINI DRONES FOR PROFESSIONAL WORK.

Why?

I agree with what you say but I think "Fortunately, the Mini 3 Pro enabled me to raise the AGL limit to the required level" demonstrates part of the problems that 'we' face. People often, either by mistake or lack of knowledge, use the wrong terminology to 'name' what they are talking about.
In your case I am fairly certain that that "AGL" meant "height relative to the take off point" and that you accidentally typed "AGL" rather than "from point of takeoff" which is how you phrase it elsewhere. This leads to confusion, particularily for inexperienced pilots.

With regards to height there are two abbreviations that seem somewhat accepted
AMSL which refers to height above sea level.
AGL which refers to the height above the ground directly beneath the drone.

I wish we, as a 'community', could/would adopt two others.
One for "height relative to the take off point", perhaps "HRTO", and ....
the other to refer to the "distance to the closest ground" rule, perhaps " DTCG" ( applicable in the EU etc. )
It might increase the clarity of our discussions.

2023-10-4
Use props
second2falcon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71112 ft
Netherlands

Now I am more confused than ever before.

Currently the Mini 3 Pro does not have a C0 certification. So I do not need an A1/A3 certificate as the drone is below 250g.

After 1/1/24 I (depending on what DJI does) have the choice if I want to "certify" my Mini 3 Pro for C0 or not. If I do, I am limited to "A class C0 UAS shall comply with the following: have a maximum attainable height above the take-off point limited to 120 m;.

I still do not need an certificate regardless of if I choose to certify my drone or not. Right?
2023-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules