No change.
606 19 2023-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

Having seen  so many videos on YouTube telling me what a huge step forward the new Mini 4 Pro was I set out to use my Mini 3 Pro yesterday afternoon with a little trepidation. Was it going to make it? Would I manage to fly it home now I knew it didn't give me access to so many must have new features? How would it cope without 360° sensors or cruise control?
All went well, the drone took off without fuss and flew away into the sky exactly as planned. I found my subject really easily, adjusted the camera, took the photos I wanted from the positions I chose then pressed RTH and waited. The Mini 3 Pro arrived as expected. It landed without any fuss. The photos were superb  and as usual I had been able to place the drone exactly where I wanted and took exactly the photos that I was hoping for. Nothing has changed, the M3P is still as good as ever, it still does everything much  better than I can believe. I'm sure the new model is great and people will spend months discussing the new features and the great step forward. Carry on, I'm just so pleased that I've got a drone that fulfills my needs. Long live the MP3.
2023-9-27
Use props
_SoP_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 951020 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Thanks for that one! Exactly my thoughts.
2023-9-27
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The majority of buyers have FOMO!! From an Air 2S(bought with the RC Pro combo Smart Controller shortage) I waited until just a few weeks ago to upgrade to the Classic(mainly for waypoints and flight time).
I could not care less for the latest and greatest as long as what I have does what I want it too. I don't see another purchase, other than batteries, in the near future.
2023-9-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

At the moment I have also reconciled again more with my Mini 3 Pro  ⭐️
Will probably keep my m3p and wait for more m4p experience reports
German field test (CHIP) says M3P has slightly better photos then M4P
Photo M3:4P.jpg
2023-9-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

WOW - that was an impressive Mini 4 Pro obstacle detection test with several crashes

I was very surprised that Mini 3 Pro has performed so well, unfortunately not laterally

2023-9-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

By chance I found the dimensions and was surprised that the M4P has larger dimensions

Mini 3 Pro: 145 x 90 x 62 mm (folded) or 251 × 362 × 70 mm (unfolded & with propellers)

Mini 4 Pro: 148 x 94 x 64 mm (folded) or 298 x 373 x 101 mm (unfolded & with propellers)
2023-9-27
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Space Dream Posted at 9-27 10:52
By chance I found the dimensions and was surprised that the M4P has larger dimensions

Mini 3 Pro: 145 x 90 x 62 mm (folded) or 251 × 362 × 70 mm (unfolded & with propellers)

does the mini 3 pro have the ability to do this?
2023-9-27
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Potato mini Posted at 9-27 11:35
does the mini 3 pro have the ability to do this? [view_image]

No it can't.
2023-9-27
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

sad

____
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, DuRavary. We appreciate you for sharing this experience of yours. If you encounter any issues on your unit, please don't hesitate to reach us. We are here to help. Thank you for your valued support and happy flying!
2023-9-27
Use props
DuRavary
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125135 ft
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-27 18:16
Hi there, DuRavary. We appreciate you for sharing this experience of yours. If you encounter any issues on your unit, please don't hesitate to reach us. We are here to help. Thank you for your valued support and happy flying!

I think you have completely missed the point of my post. I was writing about how good my M3P is and you reply telling me to let you know if there are any problems. I was simply pointing out that I’m still very happy with my drone despite you releasing a new model with additional features.
2023-9-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Why sad, you have the Mini 3 Pro and should know that the Mini 3 Pro does not have this feature. I think it's a nice gimmick but I don't think I'd use this feature much. Of course, it's all very exciting at first, but all these sophisticated tracking functions are probably only really used by a few people, and I always see a residual risk in relying on this technology. It's better to steer the device yourself and take good photos or videos. I made friends with my Mini 3 Pro again yesterday.

2023-9-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DuRavary Posted at 9-27 22:17
I think you have completely missed the point of my post. I was writing about how good my M3P is and you reply telling me to let you know if there are any problems. I was simply pointing out that I’m still very happy with my drone despite you releasing a new model with additional features.

LOL - I also find this comment not very appropriate

Sometimes I wonder if there is an AI responding

2023-9-27
Use props
Outpost6E
lvl.4
Germany

There are probably templates for DJI employees who may not be in good command of the English language, as it appears.
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Perhaps punctuation is lost in the translation between English and other languages...

There is nothing wrong with DJI Paladin reply... There is a full stop at the end of the sentence. Then he starts a new one "If you encounter..."

Unfortunately not the same can be said about a "No change" title or "much better than I can believe" and "There are probably templates",  We shouldn't judge that easily... We all do mistakes... I know I do....
2023-9-28
Use props
Outpost6E
lvl.4
Germany

Sorry if I was totally wrong with my estimation. I didn't mean to be condescending...  
2023-9-28
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Space Dream Posted at 9-27 23:17
Why sad, you have the Mini 3 Pro and should know that the Mini 3 Pro does not have this feature. I think it's a nice gimmick but I don't think I'd use this feature much. Of course, it's all very exciting at first, but all these sophisticated tracking functions are probably only really used by a few people, and I always see a residual risk in relying on this technology. It's better to steer the device yourself and take good photos or videos. I made friends with my Mini 3 Pro again yesterday.

I made friends with my Mini 3 Pro again yesterday.

good for you I just have played around with the active track too much. I took up the bird yesterday and answered all my questions
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DuRavary Posted at 9-27 22:17

We totally understand and I apologize for the confusion. Just in case you need help or if you have any inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!
2023-9-29
Use props
nikonya
lvl.2
Flight distance : 527740 ft
Slovenia

As you said, for what I need M3P is still more than enough, yes these few gimmicks would be nice to have but I can survive without them easily.
But now I can understand why DJI was avoiding to add waypoint flying to M3P, surely because it is selling point for M4P, but I'm still hopping that they might add it to M3P as it is really software thing and M3P is perfectly capapble of it.
2023-10-3
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

nikonya Posted at 10-3 04:35
As you said, for what I need M3P is still more than enough, yes these few gimmicks would be nice to have but I can survive without them easily.
But now I can understand why DJI was avoiding to add waypoint flying to M3P, surely because it is selling point for M4P, but I'm still hopping that they might add it to M3P as it is really software thing and M3P is perfectly capapble of it.

I agree the Mini 3 Pro is really a drone that has a lot to offer and is sufficient

The M4P gimmicks are not so important for me but the RC2 seems to be not to despise

I find it good to not always have to align the controller optimally and to have a stronger connection

2023-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules