Really disappointed with this Mini 3
1509 25 2023-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ph3onix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

Hello to all of you, it's now been almost 2 months since I took the Mini 3 and I really don't know what to think of it, because not only does it quickly lose the connection (compared to the Mini 2) but what is really the most What's really disturbing is this sharpness problem which is a real nightmare. I also managed to make a decent video (after 2 months).

Edit : A little message for Dji to give you an update not for minor bugs but for major bugs, because this sharpness problem is a major bug.
THANKS.

2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please upload the original (unedited) footage that has the issue using Google Drive and send the link to us so we can check it? We will coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-9-27
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-27 17:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Can you please upload the original (unedited) footage that has the issue using Google Drive and send the link to us so we can check it? We will coordinate this with our relevant team for attention. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

hi, thank you for your response I'm traveling at the moment so I don't have the original file of this video, but as soon as possible I will make another video so that you can see the excessive sharpness problem of the Mini  3 which when flying over a roof, water, gravel and any other environment of this style the images are simply unusable in the state.  THANKS
2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Ph3onix Posted at 9-27 22:58
hi, thank you for your response I'm traveling at the moment so I don't have the original file of this video, but as soon as possible I will make another video so that you can see the excessive sharpness problem of the Mini  3 which when flying over a roof, water, gravel and any other environment of this style the images are simply unusable in the state.  THANKS

Sure. Looking forward to your update. Once we get your reply, we will further check with our engineer team. Thanks.
2023-9-28
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

DJI Thor: what do you want to check?

ALL Mini 3 videos are oversharpened, which hurt our eyes.
Visible at diagonal lines, patterns, roofs, etc. Moire effect.
Please let us change the sharpness level.
thanks
2023-9-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Maybe I'm not as critical as you, but I'd be quite pleased to have produced such a piece of video.
Even clipping a screen-grab from a scene, and blowing up a detail from it 500%, you can still see that it's a tractor I've copied it for comparison. Blurred at 500% of course. But the original looks fine of my HD screen.
2023-9-28
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

Blériot53 Posted at 9-28 09:56
Maybe I'm not as critical as you, but I'd be quite pleased to have produced such a piece of video.
Even clipping a screen-grab from a scene, and blowing up a detail from it 500%, you can still see that it's a tractor I've copied it for comparison. Blurred at 500% of course. But the original looks fine of my HD screen.
[view_image]

Hi, the result is not bad now but I had to spend a lot of time to get there, because with the reflection of water for example, the video was impossible to use as is.
2023-9-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6260935 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ph3onix Posted at 9-28 10:57
Hi, the result is not bad now but I had to spend a lot of time to get there, because with the reflection of water for example, the video was impossible to use as is.

That's a real pity, because what was shown was quite pleasing.
2023-9-28
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

Of all the drone videos I have made, these were the most complicated to make in terms of calibration.
2023-9-28
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DJI Thor Posted at 9-28 00:34
Sure. Looking forward to your update. Once we get your reply, we will further check with our engineer team. Thanks.

hi, I just found a video of the Mini 3 on my smartphone that I made some time ago, it is in portrait mode but in landscape mode the result is the same.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... view?usp=drive_link
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ph3onix Posted at 9-30 03:28
hi, I just found a video of the Mini 3 on my smartphone that I made some time ago, it is in portrait mode but in landscape mode the result is the same.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bgadhkrKoGU7tpeC2-a4AgkCTY_sUdbW/view?usp=drive_link

Hi Ph3onix, sorry that we could not access the link. Would you please help to set the permission as public? Thanks.
2023-9-30
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DJI Thor Posted at 9-30 03:56
Hi Ph3onix, sorry that we could not access the link. Would you please help to set the permission as public? Thanks.
[view_image]

Sorry I forgot, but it's good now.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ph3onix Posted at 9-30 04:00
Sorry I forgot, but it's good now.

Thank you and we will forward to our engineer team to further check, thanks.
2023-9-30
Use props
Intergames
lvl.2
Flight distance : 348455 ft

Mexico

It is undeniable that sharpness control is necessary, I don't see why they don't implement it... and even worse is that with the last update, many of us have stopped working with quick shoots and panoramic shots, it is worrying that they abandon us so much in terms of to the most important needs and not just minor changes... I guess the mini 4 pro has kept them very busy
2023-10-3
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

Intergames Posted at 10-3 22:26
It is undeniable that sharpness control is necessary, I don't see why they don't implement it... and even worse is that with the last update, many of us have stopped working with quick shoots and panoramic shots, it is worrying that they abandon us so much in terms of to the most important needs and not just minor changes... I guess the mini 4 pro has kept them very busy

Hi, yes I agree, especially since it is not a whim to add an additional functionality, but to correct a bug implemented from the beginning. Dji no longer follows these drones (at least the cheapest ones) as it followed their products in the past.
For Dji, it's just business to the detriment of customers unfortunately.
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ph3onix Posted at 10-4 06:47
Hi, yes I agree, especially since it is not a whim to add an additional functionality, but to correct a bug implemented from the beginning. Dji no longer follows these drones (at least the cheapest ones) as it followed their products in the past.
For Dji, it's just business to the detriment of customers unfortunately.

Hi Ph3onix, thank you for your patience.
For your reported issue, an error might occur in the autofocus feature, resulting from a low write speed or other abnormalities of the SD card. You could please check the current firmware version of the drone and ensure that its firmware is updated to V01.00.0300, which has addressed the issue.

At the same time, please also confirm to use with the recommended SD card, thanks.
1ec94a53-4e1c-4d49-9713-a39123900879jpeg.jpeg
2023-10-5
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

DJI Thor Posted at 10-5 04:16
Hi Ph3onix, thank you for your patience.
For your reported issue, an error might occur in the autofocus feature, resulting from a low write speed or other abnormalities of the SD card. You could please check the current firmware version of the drone and ensure that its firmware is updated to V01.00.0300, which has addressed the issue.

Hi, thank you for the feedback but the first thing is that I still use Sandisk exteme A2 V30 so it does not come from a card problem because testing on other drones (Dji I specify) plus I am on the last firmare and the problem and still present.
I don't understand your problem at Dji to admit that some of your drones have problems, but I am not the only one to say it, far from it. Listening to you, it’s always our faults.
“Only he who does nothing doesn’t make a mistake.”

So take into account what your customers tell you.
Damn it.
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Ph3onix Posted at 10-5 04:45
Hi, thank you for the feedback but the first thing is that I still use Sandisk exteme A2 V30 so it does not come from a card problem because testing on other drones (Dji I specify) plus I am on the last firmare and the problem and still present.
I don't understand your problem at Dji to admit that some of your drones have problems, but I am not the only one to say it, far from it. Listening to you, it’s always our faults.
“Only he who does nothing doesn’t make a mistake.”

We feel terribly sorry for the unpleasant experience that you came across. It is not our intention in any way to add more frustrations to our customers.
We will collect these voices and feedback to our relevant team to review on it. We will also improvide and provide better products and service in the future. Thank you for your tolerance and understanding!
2023-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Intergames Posted at 10-3 22:26

I agree, but they never implemented this in the 'entry level' category.
2023-11-24
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

Montfrooij Posted at 11-24 12:37
I agree, but they never implemented this in the 'entry level' category.

Okay so why sell us a drone with 4k which is practically unusable, in this case they should have limited the Mini 3 to 2.7k but usable as they did with the Mini Se?
The choice would have been simpler for the customers and above all more honest on their part. Because there I have the impression of having been well taken advantage of, in fact I don't even fly with this drone anymore because I don't have I don't want to spend hours and hours editing a three-minute video sequence that cannot be used directly.
2023-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ph3onix Posted at 11-24 13:05
Okay so why sell us a drone with 4k which is practically unusable, in this case they should have limited the Mini 3 to 2.7k but usable as they did with the Mini Se?
The choice would have been simpler for the customers and above all more honest on their part. Because there I have the impression of having been well taken advantage of, in fact I don't even fly with this drone anymore because I don't have I don't want to spend hours and hours editing a three-minute video sequence that cannot be used directly.

My first drone was the Mavic Pro.
(bought 2nd hand) and I loved it a lot.
Then came the EU rules and I bought the Mini 2.
Man, was I disappointed with the video quality because of the color profile that they used.
(too much contrast, too much sharpness)
But I decided that 'a' camera in the sky was better than no camera, so I made the best of it.
Now recently I stepped up to the Mini 3 Pro.
What a difference that makes.
Really night and day!
So yeah, it's just what it is.
Most consumers like their footage contrasty and don't care about the loss in quality this brings.
So DJI provides that with the entry level drones.
And to make it worth to upgrade, they only add the option to change this in the pro level drones.
(just like many tech companies do)

So get a Mini 3 Pro and sell the 3 before the 4 (no pro) comes out
The 3 is quite cheap right now, so you might be able to find a good deal.
2023-11-24
Use props
Joel King
New

United States

nice video
2023-11-24
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

Montfrooij Posted at 11-24 13:09
My first drone was the Mavic Pro.
(bought 2nd hand) and I loved it a lot.
Then came the EU rules and I bought the Mini 2.

It's not a question of colorimetry but of sharpness.
If you can download the video from the link, watch it in 4k and tell me honestly if you would buy a drone that produces an image like that or if you wouldn't be disgusted if you did?
2023-11-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ph3onix Posted at 11-24 13:20
It's not a question of colorimetry but of sharpness.
If you can download the video from the link, watch it in 4k and tell me honestly if you would buy a drone that produces an image like that or if you wouldn't be disgusted if you did?

The file is not there.
2023-11-24
Use props
Ph3onix
Second Officer
France

2023-11-24
Use props
Ph3onix