Phantom 3 gets waypoints, POI, Follow Me !
7730 72 2015-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hartmannfeger
lvl.1

Germany

is the Firmware higher then SDK 1.04.005 ? so it can be overwriting ?
2015-9-3
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

capbat Posted at 2015-9-3 08:58
Any references.
Who is the 3rd party what is their site? etc.
Bat

Maps Made Easy: https://www.mapsmadeeasy.com/maps/new/

You can use their mapping service now if you take your own photos and want to stitch them together to make a map.  The app I'm testing for them is their new way-point flying app specifically for the P3.
2015-9-3
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-3 15:36
There is a difference in hardware between the Pro and Advanced.

Only the camera and the charger. If you smash your camera on an Advanced you can put on a Pro one.
2015-9-3
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do have one question on the official wording of this update....it seems like it is very carefully worded:  "The following firmware updates are made available for all DJI Creator from next Monday."

Does this mean that ONLY 3rd party devs/apps can access and use this or will these be featues the DJI Go app will access and use?
2015-9-3
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-9-3 20:15
I do have one question on the official wording of this update....it seems like it is very carefully  ...

I think it might just mean people who create photos & video with their Phantom 3 & Inspire 1.
2015-9-3
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

Lol, I am waiting on all the mad stories of crashes on Way Points and POI. People running into trees and lamp posts, tripping over dogs as they watch the Phantom 3 follow them!!!
Reviewing some of the carnage already posted online and dodgy crashes of all the complaints about privacy and rules breaking from the powers that be, will these features help or hinder our cause with the relevent Aviation Authories across the world.
2015-9-3
Use props
quadcopterguide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 828904 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Amber Posted at 2015-9-3 21:37
Lol, I am waiting on all the mad stories of crashes on Way Points and POI. People running into trees ...

haha, yea it's going to take some practice to get used to how the Phantom 3's will react. I guess it'll be super important to try it out on a huge field with no powerlines or trees or anything in the way .
2015-9-3
Use props
quadcopterguide
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Amber Posted at 2015-9-3 21:37
Lol, I am waiting on all the mad stories of crashes on Way Points and POI. People running into trees ...

delete duplicate
2015-9-3
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

Not sure what you mean there?
2015-9-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have pre-announced that we will announce and release the App.  You will have to wait until then.
2015-9-3
Use props
mech
lvl.2

United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-9-3 13:15
I do have one question on the official wording of this update....it seems like it is very carefully  ...

That's what I'm thinking, that much of this won't be part of the DJI GO app functionality.
2015-9-3
Use props
adm3367
lvl.1
Brazil

interested in the functions that already have an dont works. like the dji go itself that crash mid flight, bumpy and laggy video, YT streaming that just dont work and didnt have option for set the size and bandwidth
2015-9-3
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'm really curious just how many threads there are going to be announcing this release.  There are already several.
2015-9-3
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-4 08:07
We have pre-announced that we will announce and release the App.  You will have to wait until then.

Thanks, Ed....this is certainly helpful insight  
2015-9-3
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

waiting with anticipation , Woooo hoooo   
2015-9-3
Use props
m.friedl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
Austria

Is there an Video out to watch the new Features now ???

Mike
2015-9-3
Use props
squidlyboy
lvl.1

United States

WTF...  according to the short blurb from that quadcopterguide site:

"News just broke that the Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced Drones will receive the following Autopilot features on Monday September 7th via a firmware upgrade: ...".

Does this mean that this upgrade is NOT available for the Phantom 3 Standard models???

2015-9-3
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-9-3 18:07
Thanks, Ed....this is certainly helpful insight

There will be a manual for navigation and a video.  I am not sure if the video will be available at launch.  I know that the manual will as I already have it.
2015-9-3
Use props
Curious George
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73593 ft

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-9-3 11:51
If you like maps and map making, you're really going to like way-point flying.  For the last few wee ...

What app are you testing?  I'm trying to do a low-altitude mapping project with my P3P, but I'm not command line savvy enough to use Open Drone Map, and can't afford Agisoft Photoscan.  Photoshop simply could not produce an undistorted image, and with about 240 pics my project needs a capable program.
2015-9-3
Use props
fvillanueva
lvl.2

United States

Please keep me inform on who's quad crashes into trees or even come falling down once they install new firmware good luck everyone and be safe as you enjoy new bundle of joy on Labor Day ....I hope all that hard labor payed off DJI
2015-9-3
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Curious George Posted at 2015-9-3 21:58
What app are you testing?  I'm trying to do a low-altitude mapping project with my P3P, but I'm no ...

Hey Curious George, Maps Made Easy https://www.mapsmadeeasy.com

Just upload your own P3 photos to their site and their software will stitch them together into a map.  Here's a link to a map I made today of a local golf course.  I flew about 350 feet above one fairway so that I wouldn't bother any of the golfers.  If I flew lower, I'd be able to zoom a lot closer.  The lighter section of the map are the photos I took with my P3P.  Their software then overlays them on top of Google Maps for reference.

https://www.mapsmadeeasy.com/map ... ed93bfa6029d98ed4f/

But their mapping software has been around for awhile.  I'm testing their P3 way-point flying app.  Very cool ...

2015-9-3
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-9-3 08:51
If you like maps and map making, you're really going to like way-point flying.  For the last few wee ...

What site are you using for that?
2015-9-3
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-9-3 08:51

What site are you using for that?
2015-9-3
Use props
quadcopterguide
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Has anyone here used the GS features on the phantom 2 Series? How did Waypoints work there?
2015-9-4
Use props
dgoghia
lvl.2

United States

Yes!  We shall see !
2015-9-4
Use props
mplatsakis
lvl.2
Greece

This is  great  news!!!
2015-9-4
Use props
Curious George
lvl.1

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-9-4 02:23
Hey Curious George, Maps Made Easy https://www.mapsmadeeasy.com

Just upload your own P3 photos to  ...

Hey Hunter, Thanks for the links. Did you georeference your pics before upolading, and how many pics comprised your stitch? Looks pretty good, though I'm wondering if some of the peripheral alignment mismatch will be a problem for my project, which is a 240 pic stitch at 300' over a shopping mall (lots of geometric lines).

Keep us posted on your beta testing, very interesting.
2015-9-4
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Curious George Posted at 2015-9-4 16:47
Hey Hunter, Thanks for the links. Did you georeference your pics before upolading, and how many pi ...

If you go to their website, you'll see four ways to align the photos against Google maps.  I just used the geo-reference data that gets embedded into each photo from the Phantom.  But you can also align the photos using manual points of reference, which is much more precise.

With a shopping mall you should have plenty of reference points you'll be able to use to get the peripheral alignment just the way you want it.

Hope that helps ...
2015-9-4
Use props
kalber
lvl.1

United States

Waypoints do work on latest beta firmware.

See my reply on thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-29986-1-1.html
2015-9-5
Use props
Curious George
lvl.1

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-9-4 21:49
If you go to their website, you'll see four ways to align the photos against Google maps.  I just  ...

Thanks for that, I'll cruise over to their website and look into it further.
2015-9-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

What an exciting time to be involved with the DJI Phantom 3 Pro'. Owner operator... ;-)

It pleases me to no end, that these new exciting features are being released soon and will be available for our pleasure,

It's great that they will be part of our Phantom 3 Kit. Brilliant actually. I need to wear shades now. Too cool.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-5
Use props
g.klein6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1549140 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

2015-9-6
Use props
Billshooter
lvl.1

United States

Now that we have it, how do we use it. I downloaded the update for the P3P but I don't see anything on my app with options to do anything new.
2015-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules