Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Air 3 Mini 4 and Mini 3 Camera CMOS...
2468 28 2023-9-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

At the moment there are several versions of this going around... Perhaps DJI should tell their consumer what the difference in the CMOS are in this 3 different drones...

These are all from the DJI website:

Air 3:

air 3.jpg

Mini 3 Pro:

mini 3.jpg

And Mini 4 Pro:

lenss.jpg

They all three seem to have the same Dual Native ISO CMOS... At some stage someone mentioned the Stacked CMOS sensor and the confusion began...

Can we get some feedback please...

2023-9-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The sensor size and the Lens of the DJI Air 3 and DJI Mini 4 Pro are the same (Stacked). You may access the link below to compare both aircraft with other different aircraft available on our website. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-consumer-drones
2023-9-27
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-27 17:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The sensor size and the Lens of the DJI Air 3 and DJI Mini 4 Pro are the same (Stacked). You may access the link below to compare both aircraft with other different aircraft available on our website. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank DJI Paladin, but that's how the confusion started...

Nowhere in the DJI website there is mention of the word "stacked"

I posted above the three picture to show you the issue... They all say Dual Native ISO...

Are you saying that Dual Native ISO and Stacked CMOS are the same thing?

Thank you again...
2023-9-27
Use props
fanse84c9c93
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

From my info mini 3 pro and mini 4 pro have no stacked sensor.
2023-9-27
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

fanse84c9c93 Posted at 9-27 23:40
From my info mini 3 pro and mini 4 pro have no stacked sensor.

Look at my first post... Those are extracts from the DJI website and no one of them mention a stacked sensor....

That's why I'm asking...
2023-9-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

A german photo quality test (CHIP) says M3P has slightly better photos then M4P
084110ixv22cc9bcobv0v1.jpg
2023-9-27
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 148241 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-27 17:23
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The sensor size and the Lens of the DJI Air 3 and DJI Mini 4 Pro are the same (Stacked). You may access the link below to compare both aircraft with other different aircraft available on our website. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

I have looked at this link and the word “stacked” is not mentioned - not even for the Air 3
2023-9-27
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Steph Jant Posted at 9-27 23:53
I have looked at this link and the word “stacked” is not mentioned - not even for the Air 3

Look at my first post. They are all there... No word of a Stacked CMOS...
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Space Dream Posted at 9-27 23:53
A german photo quality test (CHIP) says M3P has slightly better photos then M4P

It is hard to know what was really used to take those pictures... And I'm not questioning the quality of the three cameras... I just would like to know what they are and why we have two different stories...
2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Burt37 Posted at 9-28 00:03
It is hard to know what was really used to take those pictures... And I'm not questioning the quality of the three cameras... I just would like to know what they are and why we have two different stories...

CHIP is not a YT influencer and has years of experience with tests and the corresponding knowledge
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Space Dream Posted at 9-28 00:18
CHIP is not a YT influencer and has years of experience with tests and the corresponding knowledge

Sorry. You misunderstood me...

Because of all the variables and software compression, you can't really rely on pictures comparison on Internet... At least, I don't... YMMV...
2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Burt37 Posted at 9-28 00:24
Sorry. You misunderstood me...

Because of all the variables and software compression, you can't really rely on pictures comparison on Internet... At least, I don't... YMMV...

LOL have to google YMMV ;-) I am a bit older and not used to internet codes ;-)

But please note, they have the original pics and say m4p = more image noise

2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Space Dream Posted at 9-28 00:35
LOL have to google YMMV ;-) I am a bit older and not used to internet codes ;-)

But please note, they have the original pics and say m4p = more image noise

I have 5 kids (well they are all adults now) but I had to learn all the stupid lingo, just to be able to communicate with my family...

I'm sure is a good comparison, but I would like to know the answer to my other question.. Are they all the same CMOS and they just software enhanced the Air 3 and the Mini 4 Pro, compare to the Mini 3 Pro...
2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Burt37 Posted at 9-28 00:43
I have 5 kids (well they are all adults now) but I had to learn all the stupid lingo, just to be able to communicate with my family...

I'm sure is a good comparison, but I would like to know the answer to my other question.. Are they all the same CMOS and they just software enhanced the Air 3 and the Mini 4 Pro, compare to the Mini 3 Pro...

WOW you outdid me, I have 4 boys but never got into that language and just communicated with them without shortcuts. The burning question about the sensors used and the subsequent improvement software probably won't be answered by DJI, because that worde so often asked and it comes no clarificationvon DJI so it can only be clarified by an external technician dismantles these drones and then the answer can probably find. Where this "stacked" information comes from is a mystery to me, since there is no info on the DJI website !

2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

Well, I did try to get an answer, but the usual silence is what I got in reply... I'm taking this silence from DJI as a Yes to my question... The DJI website is correct and the rumor about the stacked CMOS is simply wrong! The Air 3, the Mimi 3 Pro and the Mini 4 Pro all have the same CMOS (Dual Native ISO and the only differences are the lenses and possibly software enhancements...  Case closed!

I apologise if I'm wrong, but I did asked several times and not just about this topic and I started to see a concerning pattern in what most DJI representative here are kin and quick to reply and what they simply ignore...

Lesson learned. Lets move on...
2023-9-28
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

A minute ago I spoke on the phone with the technical service in Spain, they told me that when a problem with the camera needs to be repaired, they don't just repair the sensor, they change the entire camera. According to what they tell me in Europe, all this is centered in Holland. So if anyone has a cheese business or grows tulips around there, he might be able to find out something.These types of repairs are the same system that Apple uses, they don't change a component of a part, they change the entire part.
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 9-27 21:44
Thank DJI Paladin, but that's how the confusion started...

Nowhere in the DJI website there is mention of the word "stacked"

Sorry for the confusion. Yes, they both use stacked CMOS. The Dual Native ISO is different, the Dual Native ISO values of the DJI Mini 3/Mini 3 Pro/DJI Mini 4 Pro are 100 and 800 while the DJI Air 3 has a Dual Native ISO of 100 and 400. Hope this clarifies your query. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Steph Jant Posted at 9-27 23:53

Thank you for your feedback, Steph. We will coordinate this with our relevant team to check if we can add this information on the website and in the Manual. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-29
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-29 04:20
Sorry for the confusion. Yes, they both use stacked CMOS. The Dual Native ISO is different, the Dual Native ISO values of the DJI Mini 3/Mini 3 Pro/DJI Mini 4 Pro are 100 and 800 while the DJI Air 3 has a Dual Native ISO of 100 and 400. Hope this clarifies your query. Thank you for your valued support.

This is quite new information, can someone please explain in more detail ?
2023-9-29
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-29 04:51
Firstly, what is the origin of the Air 3 having a "stacked" sensor?  I have never seen anything in the DJI press release regarding the Air 3 sporting a "stacked" sensor.  

What is a "stacked" sensor, & how does it benefit the camera?

OK another info for my brain to digest but not that heavy to understand ;-) BUT the Dual Native ISO is different

The Dual Native ISO values of the DJI  Mini 3/Mini 3 Pro/DJI Mini 4 Pro are 100 and 800

While the DJI Air 3 has  a Dual Native ISO of 100 and 400

2023-9-29
Use props
Bullflier
lvl.4

Spain

Sensors.......

Sensors

Sensors
sensor-tech3.jpg
2023-9-29
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-29 04:20

Thank you for the explanation.. Much appreciated..
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Burt37 Posted at 9-29 06:58
Thank you for the explanation.. Much appreciated..

You are most welcome, Burt37. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Space Dream Posted at 9-29 04:42
This is quite new information, can someone please explain in more detail ?

Hi there. If you are pertaining to the Dual Native ISO, the Dual NAtive ISO means that one camera has two native ISO, and the camera has the best performance at two ISO value levels.

[Native ISO] With this value set, the camera produces the cleanest images while there is no need to change the voltage of its sensor. Precisely because of this, it obtains the best signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). After setting the camera to native ISO, you can capture the cleanest images with the widest dynamic range.

[Dual Native ISO] Literally, it means a camera has two native ISO settings. With these two values set, the camera has the optimal shooting performance.

Hope this clarifies your query. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-9-29
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-29 19:53
Hi there. If you are pertaining to the Dual Native ISO, the Dual NAtive ISO means that one camera has two native ISO, and the camera has the best performance at two ISO value levels.

[Native ISO] With this value set, the camera produces the cleanest images while there is no need to change the voltage of its sensor. Precisely because of this, it obtains the best signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). After setting the camera to native ISO, you can capture the cleanest images with the widest dynamic range.

Thanks for this extended answer, however I don't totally understand but my real question was:
what is the difference between the sensor of Mini 3 Pro/ Mini 4 Pro AND the sensor of the Air ?

Mini 3 & Mini 3 Pro & Mini 4 Pro are 100 and 800 <= 800 ?

DJI Air 3 has a Dual Native ISO of 100 and 400 <= 400 ?

ISO 100 are in all 4 the same but second is 800 & 400

2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_kTvFwiRqnv44
lvl.3
Poland

AIR 3 100% stacked CMOS ?
MINI 4 PRO ?
MINI 3 PRO ?
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI_user_PL
lvl.3
Poland

Hello DJI, please reply.
2023-10-15
Use props
fans1972cea5
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2023-9-29 19:53

Are the native iso for the air 3 still 100 and 400 regardless if you’re shooting in regular profile or LOG?
Thanks
4-4 14:25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans1972cea5 Posted at 4-4 14:25
Are the native iso for the air 3 still 100 and 400 regardless if you’re shooting in regular profile or LOG?
Thanks

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Yes, native ISO is a physical feature of the sensor and does not change as you switch between different color modes. Hope this helps.
4-4 23:17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules