Phantom 3 Professional - pan camera
11681 43 2015-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artichoke
lvl.1

United States

It took me a while to figure this out as a new P3A user -- that one pans by yawing.  Hm the remote has an up/down wheel for the camera, where's the right/left wheel?

I think DJI should make this explicit.  Otherwise it's harder to justify the extra cost and complexity of the Inspire.  And the P3 Advanced or Pro is a good deal anyway because it's the cheapest way to get Lightbridge.
2016-2-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

artichoke Posted at 2016-2-7 07:40
It took me a while to figure this out as a new P3A user -- that one pans by yawing.  Hm the remote h ...

There is no point in panning the camera as all you will see is the legs. This is why there is no pan, and there is absolutely no penalty to performing a pan by yawing the aircraft, it is just as smooth. If it yaws too fast, slow it down in the settings.

If DJI gave the gimbal a pan control, in 10 microseconds some idiot wouild be on this forum complaining that no-one told him the legs would come into view.
2016-2-6
Use props
Riley-NZL
lvl.3

New Zealand

nicholas.goss Posted at 2015-9-13 20:38
Why is it asking too much for your $2,200 drone to pan the camera?
Why do you guys on here expect so ...

The drone does pan the camera, that's EXACTLY what it does. Have you tried moving the left stick to the left or right?
2016-2-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

nicholas.goss Posted at 2015-9-13 15:38
Why is it asking too much for your $2,200 drone to pan the camera?
Why do you guys on here expect so ...

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but a Phantom3 cannot mechanically pan. And the Phantom3 Advanced is only $799. not $2,200.
And even if it could pan, why would you want to see the legs when panning.
The panning done on a Phantom3 is done by yawing the entire aircraft.
2016-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules