Germany

Hahahaha, no.
2023-9-27
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Maybe next year... if the Mini 3 Pro does break down...
2023-9-27
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152329 ft
United Kingdom

I have always upgraded my Mini series drones and bought the latest version within hours of DJI launching their new product. However, 3 days later and I still have not bought the Mini 4 Pro. DJI has focussed more on upgrading the drone than the camera which is a missed opportunity. I started flying drones to get a camera in the sky not just to fly a drone. And although improvements have been made to video capture, I mainly use my drone for photography and I have yet to be convinced the Mini 4 Pro takes better pictures than the Mini 3 Pro. So I am undecided. Maybe DJI’s marketing strategy with the Mini 4 Pro is to focus on newbie drone pilots???
2023-9-27
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I received my Mini 4 Pro two days ago. And I love it. The Mini 3 Pro will stay with me also because of it being NOT C0 classified which gives one very big advantage over the M4P: I can fly it 120m above ground. If the ground under the drone is rising the M3P can rise with it to a total of 500 meters. This is a big thing. I will travel to South Tyrol tomorrow and 2 drones will be with me on this tour: the Air 3 (for fast and tele shots) and the Mini 3 Pro (because of NOT being C0, mountain flying).

For anything in tight places with lots of population (cities...) I will use the M4P, for shots in the open country I will stick with the M3P. In EASA airspace a drone under 250g had, has and will have almost no restrictions. Even if it is legacy and though not bound to any limits the EASA has set.
2023-9-27
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

I am now relaxed again and happy that I have made the decision to remain loyal to my Mini 3 Pro and on closer inspection I don't really need or will miss many of the new features. Let's wait and see what real and uncolored tests will reveal. Should the spark jump over again, it is always possible to buy the Mini 4 Pro after all ...
2023-9-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 9-28 00:43
I am now relaxed again and happy that I have made the decision to remain loyal to my Mini 3 Pro and on closer inspection I don't really need or will miss many of the new features. Let's wait and see what real and uncolored tests will reveal. Should the spark jump over again, it is always possible to buy the Mini 4 Pro after all ...

I think you are being very wise
2023-9-28
Use props
GeorgeFoxCinematography
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17520892 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Unfortunatelly no, i am thinking very seriously to send it back. 120m limit(in EU) is a no no. Stay in Mini 3 Pro.
2023-9-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 9-28 02:38
Unfortunatelly no, i am thinking very seriously to send it back. 120m limit(in EU) is a no no. Stay in Mini 3 Pro.

Indeed. They don't tell you that in the marketing blurb now do they. Not good if you are in hilly places.

DJI need to learn that they are not the drone Police all over the world
2023-9-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GeorgeFoxCinematography Posted at 9-28 02:38

Does any mini 4 Pro owner in the UK know if DJI has got it wrong and restricted UK models to 120 m
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Space Dream Posted at 9-28 00:43
I am now relaxed again and happy that I have made the decision to remain loyal to my Mini 3 Pro and on closer inspection I don't really need or will miss many of the new features. Let's wait and see what real and uncolored tests will reveal. Should the spark jump over again, it is always possible to buy the Mini 4 Pro after all ...

That's right.... There is no rush, and normally it does pay a lot not to rush with this kind of very expensive toys...

2023-9-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 9-28 02:57
That's right.... There is no rush, and normally it does pay a lot not to rush with this kind of very expensive toys...

Just like doing updates.... Never be one of the first
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-28 04:02
Just like doing updates.... Never be one of the first

Updates here are like Kinder Surprise... You never know what you get, until you open the egg...
2023-9-28
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Burt37 Posted at 9-28 04:08
Updates here are like Kinder Surprise... You never know what you get, until you open the egg...

This is a good and helpful portion of life experience
2023-9-28
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

Space Dream Posted at 9-28 04:27
This is a good and helpful portion of life experience

I asked several times for the location or availability of a proper changelog for the firmware I was suggested to download...

Got nothing... They know that eventually you give up and join the rest of the group...
2023-9-28
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If I were in the E.U. it would be a hard no but I'm not.  Either waypoints or DlogM would be enough ...were enough for me to sell my Mini 3 Pro and get the Mini 4 Pro.  My concern for the kinds of regulations that brought the 120m limit to the E.U. are enough that I am going to double check all my drones and try to ensure they are not set to auto updating firmware. I think I recall there is a setting for that but I am going to turn it off. Cruise control, waypoints, DlogM are all super nice and I'm happy to freeze my firmware as it stands. I don't know if DJI can force a firmware update by disabling the drone. Anyone know? If so the "don't update" crowd in the E.U. might be in for some disappointment. I'm not sure on that count.
2023-9-28
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I am going to wait for the Mini 5 Pro at this time.  I can't wait to see what it will offer.  To be honest I can't think what more they can offer, but I am sure they can think of it.  Maybe further distance, which legally you can't use because you have to keep it in sight unless you have friends helping you keep track of it.  Maybe more refinements on the technology to make it better?  This model does offer most of everything that we want to see in a drone, especially a mini drone.
2023-9-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-28 04:23
Did we really need a second poll on this or are you just seeking validation?

Perhaps look at the error in the other poll. Go one mr hat have a little game of spot the difference
2023-9-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Shawgod Posted at 9-28 04:59
I am going to wait for the Mini 5 Pro at this time.  I can't wait to see what it will offer.  To be honest I can't think what more they can offer, but I am sure they can think of it.  Maybe further distance, which legally you can't use because you have to keep it in sight unless you have friends helping you keep track of it.  Maybe more refinements on the technology to make it better?  This model does offer most of everything that we want to see in a drone, especially a mini drone.

It will be so restricted it will most likely be a car lol
2023-9-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-28 21:34
Poll 1 - "Is the Mini 4 Worth the Upgrade"
Poll 2 - "Should You Upgrade If You Own Mini 3 Pro"
Poll 3 - "Is The Mini 4 Pro Worth Upgrading If You Have A Mini 3 Pro"

Poor grasp of English. Coming from a Yank that is very funny
What is that rediculous hat all about
2023-9-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-29 08:46
Poor grasp of English. Coming from a Yank that is very funny
What is that rediculous hat all about

Yes, you have a poor grasp of English. "rediculous", yes you can be RIDICULOUS!!!
2023-9-29
Use props
AsturianCetorix
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46814 ft
Spain

If you have a previous Mini, or no drone at all, the Mini 4 Pro it´s a fantastic product. But the Mini 3 Pro is it too, so if you have one is not worth it.
2023-9-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-29 09:01
Yes, you have a poor grasp of English. "rediculous", yes you can be RIDICULOUS!!!

Another Yank who think he knows best.........
2023-9-29
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-29 09:48
Another Yank who think he knows best.........

Being a Yank has zero to do with being grammatically correct. The English can be stoopid!
2023-9-29
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

AsturianCetorix Posted at 9-29 09:28
If you have a previous Mini, or no drone at all, the Mini 4 Pro it´s a fantastic product. But the Mini 3 Pro is it too, so if you have one is not worth it.

spot on.
2023-9-29
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-28 21:34
Poll 1 - "Is the Mini 4 Worth the Upgrade"
Poll 2 - "Should You Upgrade If You Own Mini 3 Pro"
Poll 3 - "Is The Mini 4 Pro Worth Upgrading If You Have A Mini 3 Pro"

The king of insults has spoken,everyone take notice.
2023-9-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-30 20:16
Poke a bear prepare to get bit...

Bear my Arse. Have a look at yourself in a mirror.

If brains were taxed you would get a rebate
2023-9-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-29 10:07
Being a Yank has zero to do with being grammatically correct. The English can be stoopid!

Yup a yank would think that lol
2023-9-30
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Shawgod Posted at 9-28 04:59
I am going to wait for the Mini 5 Pro at this time.  I can't wait to see what it will offer.  To be honest I can't think what more they can offer, but I am sure they can think of it.  Maybe further distance, which legally you can't use because you have to keep it in sight unless you have friends helping you keep track of it.  Maybe more refinements on the technology to make it better?  This model does offer most of everything that we want to see in a drone, especially a mini drone.

I think there are still some things to optimize: an even better sensor with better video and photo quality (seems to be desired by many) then a quick release for the propeller blades (these mini screws are a pain) and very important an additional Tele Optic like the Air 3 has (I find a very good enrichment) also the flight time could be optimized with newly developed batteries (45min would be welcome). Flight time with newly developed batteries still be optimized (45min would be welcome) the OA still further optimize not by fisheye lenses but as in the Mini 3 Pro but also still attached to the side & top & bottom (is in my opinion much more accurate in the detection) the RC2 should have by default minimum 1000 nits.

2023-9-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Space Dream Posted at 9-30 23:14
I think there are still some things to optimize: an even better sensor with better video and photo quality (seems to be desired by many) then a quick release for the propeller blades (these mini screws are a pain) and very important an additional Tele Optic like the Air 3 has (I find a very good enrichment) also the flight time could be optimized with newly developed batteries (45min would be welcome). Flight time with newly developed batteries still be optimized (45min would be welcome) the OA still further optimize not by fisheye lenses but as in the Mini 3 Pro but also still attached to the side & top & bottom (is in my opinion much more accurate in the detection) the RC2 should have by default minimum 1000 nits.

You would struggle to get most of those requests in a Mini without some weight loss elsewhere, a quick release requires a connector and a hub, thats more weight for sure, a better sensor with teleoptics is deffo more weight, i cant see that coming to a mini drone, same with a 40+ min battery. Thats why there is  a Plus battery, you can then fly it in the next category.

The fish eyes are needed to cover omni direction, without the fisheye, it wouldnt get the full FOV required, the only way is to add 2 side sensors and again, more weight would be added, the mini range has to have some give to keep it sub 250g, you may see one of those additions in the Mini 5 (Pro)

As for the 1000 nits, i would be surprised if that ever came to RC(#), I would think that there will be an RC Pro 2 soon enough though
2023-10-1
Use props
Freetime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-30 22:22
Bear my Arse. Have a look at yourself in a mirror.

If brains were taxed you would get a rebate

You nailed that one
2023-10-1
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Bashy Posted at 10-1 05:23
You would struggle to get most of those requests in a Mini without some weight loss elsewhere, a quick release requires a connector and a hub, thats more weight for sure, a better sensor with teleoptics is deffo more weight, i cant see that coming to a mini drone, same with a 40+ min battery. Thats why there is  a Plus battery, you can then fly it in the next category.

The fish eyes are needed to cover omni direction, without the fisheye, it wouldnt get the full FOV required, the only way is to add 2 side sensors and again, more weight would be added, the mini range has to have some give to keep it sub 250g, you may see one of those additions in the Mini 5 (Pro)

I totally agree with you that there should be weight reductions in various areas but I still think this is possible by using other materials and batteries that are even more powerful and yet lighter. The technology is now so advanced that incredible things are possible. But will probably lead to a higher sales price in the end result and it is questionable whether then the corresponding numbers can be sold.

2023-10-2
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 152329 ft
United Kingdom

SeehawerB Posted at 9-27 22:49
I received my Mini 4 Pro two days ago. And I love it. The Mini 3 Pro will stay with me also because of it being NOT C0 classified which gives one very big advantage over the M4P: I can fly it 120m above ground. If the ground under the drone is rising the M3P can rise with it to a total of 500 meters. This is a big thing. I will travel to South Tyrol tomorrow and 2 drones will be with me on this tour: the Air 3 (for fast and tele shots) and the Mini 3 Pro (because of NOT being C0, mountain flying).

For anything in tight places with lots of population (cities...) I will use the M4P, for shots in the open country I will stick with the M3P. In EASA airspace a drone under 250g had, has and will have almost no restrictions. Even if it is legacy and though not bound to any limits the EASA has set.

Enjoy 500m while you can. DJI will be releasing firmware update for all drones in the Mini Series that will restrict altitude to 120m. This will come into force 1/1/24. This is an EU directive that will also be adopted here in the UK. The EU have had to enforce the restriction because of a small number of sub-250g drone owners who insist on breaking the drone rules and then bragging about it on YouTube
2023-10-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

digibud Posted at 9-28 04:54
If I were in the E.U. it would be a hard no but I'm not.  Either waypoints or DlogM would be enough ...were enough for me to sell my Mini 3 Pro and get the Mini 4 Pro.  My concern for the kinds of regulations that brought the 120m limit to the E.U. are enough that I am going to double check all my drones and try to ensure they are not set to auto updating firmware. I think I recall there is a setting for that but I am going to turn it off. Cruise control, waypoints, DlogM are all super nice and I'm happy to freeze my firmware as it stands. I don't know if DJI can force a firmware update by disabling the drone. Anyone know? If so the "don't update" crowd in the E.U. might be in for some disappointment. I'm not sure on that count.

I have no reason to update any more, i haven't updated the last 2 times, thats it from me, this hobby is dead, i will prob sell the ones i already have and be done with it.
2023-10-2
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

Steph Jant Posted at 9-27 22:38
I have always upgraded my Mini series drones and bought the latest version within hours of DJI launching their new product. However, 3 days later and I still have not bought the Mini 4 Pro. DJI has focussed more on upgrading the drone than the camera which is a missed opportunity. I started flying drones to get a camera in the sky not just to fly a drone. And although improvements have been made to video capture, I mainly use my drone for photography and I have yet to be convinced the Mini 4 Pro takes better pictures than the Mini 3 Pro. So I am undecided. Maybe DJI’s marketing strategy with the Mini 4 Pro is to focus on newbie drone pilots???

I don't see any reason whatsoever to upgrade to the MP4

I can live with Tri over Omni directional avoidance, and I'd also challenge the 20km range, an extra 8km over the MP3 for plonking two antenna on the controller ?

I reckon the 12km range for the MP3 was pushing it, I've had near it but never went to 6km and back as the battery would be so low. Yet they reckon they can get the extra 8km with the MP4 on what as far as I can see are essentially the same batteries, and offering the same flying time as the MP3.

I'd like someone from DJI to explain how they manage this.

Otherwise everything else is the same as the MP3, no upgrade to the camera and as I use mine mainly for photographs there's no point there, and it's the same for everything else on it. There's no need to upgrade for something that is essentially the same drone with a couple of bells added.

Cheers
2023-10-2
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 10-2 05:54
I have no reason to update any more, i haven't updated the last 2 times, thats it from me, this hobby is dead, i will prob sell the ones i already have and be done with it.

I am sorry to hear about the 120m limit in the E.U.  I would also not bother with any mini if I lived there and if that's all I had I would also stop flying. Sorry for ya.
2023-10-2
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blackbuckone Posted at 10-2 07:57

I can live with Tri over Omni directional avoidance, and I'd also challenge the 20km range, an extra 8km over the MP3 for plonking two antenna on the controller ?

I use waypoints all the time to record changes in season and that alone would be a reason for me but my MP4 is going back due to horrible flare and I will reorder and see if the second one is just as bad...
2023-10-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blackbuckone Posted at 10-2 07:57

I can live with Tri over Omni directional avoidance, and I'd also challenge the 20km range, an extra 8km over the MP3 for plonking two antenna on the controller ?

Rest assured, under the right conditions someone will manage it or close, with the Mini 3 Pro, someone actually went past the 12km

2023-10-2
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Steph Jant Posted at 10-2 04:39
Enjoy 500m while you can. DJI will be releasing firmware update for all drones in the Mini Series that will restrict altitude to 120m. This will come into force 1/1/24. This is an EU directive that will also be adopted here in the UK. The EU have had to enforce the restriction because of a small number of sub-250g drone owners who insist on breaking the drone rules and then bragging about it on YouTube

You say "adopted here in the uk" not necessarily, we are not in the EU, the CAA make the rules in consultation with stakeholders.

Imagine in the UK if car speeds were capped at 70mph ! Never going to happen, like wise drivers doing excessive speed might cause a danger to life, a drone flown over the 120 metre limit might cause a danger to life.

Car driver is responsable for his actions, no different for drone pilots we are responable for our actions.

Just my thoughts.
2023-10-3
Use props
Blackbuckone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68967 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-2 19:51
Rest assured, under the right conditions someone will manage it or close, with the Mini 3 Pro, someone actually went past the 12km

Yes it made it over 12km, but with a forced landing so they had to go and find it.

I've taken my MP3 out to 4.2 km away, then bottled it and when I got it back it had around 20% battery.

So yes, 12km as shown is about the max limit for the MP3, but this drops to 6km if you want it back.

As for taking this out by a further 8 km as advertised with the MP4.......this is with the same batteries and flying time as advertised with the MP3.....

I would seriously question this claim of 20km range for the MP4.

2023-10-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules