Mavic 2 Pro aircraft disconnected issue
1620 21 2023-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KyleMiller411
lvl.1

Finland

Hey I just got my hands on a Mavic 2 Pro but while using the Go Fly App the remote connects to the app followed by the drone where the screen says "Go Fly". Once it goes to the flying screen it just shows black and a red notice in the left upper corner that says "Aircraft disconnected". Before you say update the software on both the remote and the drone I have already did this. Next I have used cables in both ports and am using an Iphone 14. I've tried anything and everything I can find online as well as Youtube to try and fix this.
Once again on the intro to the Fly app it only says Go fly if I have both the remote and the drone on so they are connected and linked together. This is quite fustrating.......

2023-9-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You need to DJI Go 4 app for the Mavic 2 not the Go Fly App.
2023-9-28
Use props
KyleMiller411
lvl.1

Finland

DAFlys Posted at 9-28 06:44
You need to DJI Go 4 app for the Mavic 2 not the Go Fly App.

Sorry it was a typo I am actually using the DJI Go 4 App.
2023-9-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KyleMiller411 Posted at 9-28 07:08
Sorry it was a typo I am actually using the DJI Go 4 App.

Meaning no offence but are you certain you are reading the message correctly, there are two similar message that people often mix up, one relates to a controller drone disconnection, the other relates to a controller phone disconnection.

A point, if you wish to use the USB type A port between the controller's arm you MUST from memory disconnect the cable from the controller's side port otherwise the USB type A port  will not become active.

If you are correct try the following but one thing at a time.
1) Remove the memory card from the drone and test. Why? A corrupt or misnamed file on that memory card can prevent the drone from linking/pairing with the controller, I recollect the drone doesn't like gaps in photo/video names. Do not return the card to the drone for the moment.
2) Calibrate the controller and test.
2023-9-28
Use props
KyleMiller411
lvl.1

Finland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-28 09:49
Meaning no offence but are you certain you are reading the message correctly, there are two similar message that people often mix up, one relates to a controller drone disconnection, the other relates to a controller phone disconnection.

A point, if you wish to use the USB type A port between the controller's arm you MUST from memory disconnect the cable from the controller's side port otherwise the USB type A port  will not become active.

Thanks for responding. I've used the USB both on the side and under but only one at a time. I also used th4e cable provided by DJI as well as a USB to iPhone on the bottom of the controller. Throughout this process I've made sure not to have a memory card within the drone.

A thing that I've noticed is when I've turned on the remote and the drone they have been linked together (On the Go Fly App it says Go Fly only when both are connected) but the remote screen  doesn't say "ready to fly"

How would I calibrate the controller? I've linked them via pressing the 3 buttons on the remote before pressing the link button on the drone and also used the "Primary Remote" option in the app which with the use of the link button the beeping stops.
2023-9-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The M2P manual = https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v2.2_en.pdf

Why are you referencing the Fly App? It might be an idea if you posted a photo of the controller you are using. Why? Because with the RC1A/B controllers the button sequence uses four simultaneous buttons. C1, C2, record and shutter.
Re controller calibration, at the top of  the menu where you found "Remote controller Linking" there is "remote controller calibration" touch that and it will take you through the process.

have a look at but go straight to 1:11, what you see during the calibration may differ from that ( I think mine does)  but it resembles my memory of the process.

2023-9-28
Use props
KyleMiller411
lvl.1

Finland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-28 10:58
The M2P manual = https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_v2.2_en.pdf

Why are you referencing the Fly App? It might be an idea if you posted a photo of the controller you are using. Why? Because with the RC1A/B controllers the button sequence uses four simultaneous buttons. C1, C2, record and shutter.

Sorry this is the Go 4 page when both the drone and the remote are connected when it switches over to Go Fly.

This is the problem I keep running into which it doesn't recognise the drone.

Sorry about referring to the Fly App I mean Go 4.

Just checked out ther drone calibration but as of right now the flying screen is just black and won't allow me to fly the drone at all so calibrating the sticks doesn't solve the problem.
2023-9-28
Use props
KyleMiller411
lvl.1

Finland

KyleMiller411 Posted at 9-28 11:06
[view_image]
Sorry this is the Go 4 page when both the drone and the remote are connected when it switches over to Go Fly.

this is the remote
2023-9-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok that's the go 4 app but can you post a photo of the actually controller,
ahh I now see the photo of the controller,  
please check/confirm that it has "Model RC1A" or "Model RC1B" on a label on its back.
It may be a translation thing but literally "checking" the calibration does nothing, you need go the whole way through the calibration process,
I have just done mine and it involves
1)  touching "calibrate" down at the bottom of the screen,
2) pressing "OK",
3) fiddling with the sticks and dials,
4) pressing "done".
2023-9-28
Use props
KyleMiller411
lvl.1

Finland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-28 11:23
Ok that's the go 4 app but can you post a photo of the actually controller,
ahh I now see the photo of the controller,  
please check/confirm that it has "Model RC1A" or "Model RC1B" on a label on its back.

Just did the calibration and that was fine but it is still showing the aircraft disconnected red signal on the top left with a black screen.
2023-9-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well if the controller is either an RC1A or an RC1B then I am out of fixes, sorry.

A daft thought just occurred to me,  whilst trying to link the controller to the drone DID YOU trigger linking on both the drone AND the controller?

Assuming so,  I would try to find some one with a working drone and controller and ask them to check if
a) their controller will link to your drone
b) your controller will link to their drone.

2023-9-28
Use props
KyleMiller411
lvl.1

Finland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-28 11:49
Well if the controller is either an RC1A or an RC1B then I am out of fixes, sorry.

A daft thought just occurred to me,  whilst trying to link the controller to the drone DID YOU trigger linking on both the drone AND the controller?

No problem and thanks for your help.

I did link both the remote and the drone but also when linking the timer in the bottom would run out.

Sadly of know of no one around me with a similar drone or remote.
Also after connecting on the remote it doesn't show any additional information.

IMG_2610.jpg
2023-9-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2023-9-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KyleMiller411 Posted at 9-28 12:02
No problem and thanks for your help.

I did link both the remote and the drone but also when linking the timer in the bottom would run out.

Oh the display on the controller is not what I see, your 'second' photos seem to take some time to become visible to me.
I get "BINDING" across the centre of the display.

Are you pressing simultaneously pressing C1, C2, Record and shutter on the controller?  see pages 10 & 11 of the manual
Does the square to the right of the controller symbol scroll across the segments?
2023-9-28
Use props
KyleMiller411
lvl.1

Finland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 9-28 12:21
Oh the display on the controller is not what I see, your 'second' photos seem to take some time to become visible to me.
I get "BINDING" across the centre of the display.

This was after the binding text when they connected but there is no further typing or data. If I'm correct there should be some drone info and it saying "ready to go"

I've done the C1, C2 Record and shutter numerous times which has caused it to bind but once going to the live feed the screen is  black while it says aircraft disconnected.
2023-9-28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah sorry then I am still stuck.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to reinstall the DJI Go 4 app on your mobile device to further isolate the issue? Also, please try to connect the aircraft and remote controller via DJI Assistant 2 software then update/refresh the firmware and check if the issue persists. You may download the software using the link below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
2023-9-28
Use props
KyleMiller411
lvl.1

Finland

I am still having the same issue after uploading the new firmware via the app. It says "Go Fly" but immediately gives the red "aircraft disconnected". I even bought a new remote thinking it would solve the problem but nope........
2023-11-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try a different phone.
What version of the app are you running?

Touch the 3 dot menu at the top right -> 3dot menu at the bottom of the screen and if necessary "about".

If a different phone works, try uninstalling the app on the original phone and then reinstal it.
If a different phone works what version of the app is it running?
2023-11-5
Use props
KyleMiller411
lvl.1

Finland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 11-5 07:57
Try a different phone.
What version of the app are you running?

I was using both an iPhone 14 and an iPad mini using a just recently downloaded version of Go4 without any success. Now I just tried it using a galaxy phone downloading version 4.3.60 and instead of it saying Aircraft disconnected it says ready to flyon the smartphone screen but not showing the camera view at all nor ar the motors working when pulling the controller sticks down.

Also with the android I used both cable ports to see if this changed anything to no avail. It seems every step is getting closer but still it isn't working and the LCD on the remote still doesn't show any data other than transmitting a signal.
2023-11-5
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am stumped sorry.
2023-11-5
Use props
djiuser_F4CVanOIbSUd
New

United States

I am having the EXACT same issue... However, as I see it, you should be able to fly the drone without a phone even connected right? Obviously you would not have anything other than visual reference. (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 836&pid=2061019) This problem, I feel is between the controller itself and the drone, nothing to do with the device attached. Most of the suggestions in this thread assume it's the mobile device which it is NOT. I need to get to a solution as it is a big brick otherwise. And an expensive brick at that. I am going to follow all of the reset and update suggestions found in this thread and then try to fly the drone without a mobile device attached. You mentioned a new controller did not effect the outcome. OK. So can we assume it is within the drone itself? Let's test more maybe we can solve the mystery with some luck.
In my case, I can fly it intermittently and only when it is in a precarious location do I get "disconnected" and this is a thousand dollars off without any control. However, as I always make sure to hear the confirmation that "Home Point has been Updated" before flying off, Yes, my drone will fly back to home even when it states "disconnected" I'm going to mess with it however I live in a NFZ and it's winter now. I've got a few days above freezing that I can try some things. I'll report any progress.  
2-1 19:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules