RS3 Pro Motors Will Not Power On
1883 7 2023-9-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_saPrAgS3OA0l
lvl.1

United States

Hello!

I have a brand new RS3 Pro. Just unboxed it and let it charge.

Camera is balanced and good to go. I also updated to the most recent firmware.

When I turn the gimbal off, it performs the auto docking sequence. However, when I turn it back on, the locks do not unlock and the gimbal motors do not turn on.

If I try to power cycle with the power button, nothing happens.

I have tried manually unlocking the locks and then turning the gimbal on. The motors still do not turn on.

The only way I can get the motors to "wake up" is by fully removing the battery and then remounting it.

Here is a 2 minute video of me showing the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_kXUIvHjD4&ab_channel=KevinStiller

What could be the issue? I noticed the lights on the battery grip never turn off. I think that could be some sort of clue.

Thanks in advance

2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, djiuser_saPrAgS3OA0l. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the steps below:
1. Please check whether the charging is functioning, the battery level is sufficient, and the battery level indicators light up normally after pressing the Power button.
2. Check whether the gimbal’s contact pins are collapsed and unable to return to its normal state. If so, instruct the user to send their product back to DJI for replacement or repair.
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_saPrAgS3OA0l
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-28 20:27
Hi, djiuser_saPrAgS3OA0l. Thank you for reaching out. Please try the steps below:
1. Please check whether the charging is functioning, the battery level is sufficient, and the battery level indicators light up normally after pressing the Power button.
2. Check whether the gimbal’s contact pins are collapsed and unable to return to its normal state. If so, instruct the user to send their product back to DJI for replacement or repair.

Thanks for the reply Gamora.

The Battery is fully charged and does accept a charge.

The contact pins are all in their normal state.
2023-9-28
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_saPrAgS3OA0l Posted at 9-28 20:28
Thanks for the reply Gamora.

The Battery is fully charged and does accept a charge.

Thank you for the reply. Please press the Power button separately when the gimbal is powered off to check whether the battery level indicators light up. If the battery level indicators light up but the gimbal cannot be powered on, try to reinstall the battery grip or clean the contact surface between the battery grip and the gimbal. If possible, test with another gimbal or battery grip alternately to determine whether the gimbal or battery grip is the source of the issue.
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_saPrAgS3OA0l
lvl.1

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-28 20:32
Thank you for the reply. Please press the Power button separately when the gimbal is powered off to check whether the battery level indicators light up. If the battery level indicators light up but the gimbal cannot be powered on, try to reinstall the battery grip or clean the contact surface between the battery grip and the gimbal. If possible, test with another gimbal or battery grip alternately to determine whether the gimbal or battery grip is the source of the issue.

To clarify: the battery indicator lights do not turn off when it is connected to the gimbal. If I remove the battery grip from the gimbal, the lights deactive and acts as expected. I can click the indicator button and the lights illuminate. The moment that I connect the grip to the gimbal, they light up again. Even if I have not instructed the gimbal itself to turn on.

I actually just swapped the battery with a different battery and the problem persisted
2023-9-28
Use props
djiuser_mVQ1kJheQjLb
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_saPrAgS3OA0l Posted at 9-28 20:35
To clarify: the battery indicator lights do not turn off when it is connected to the gimbal. If I remove the battery grip from the gimbal, the lights deactive and acts as expected. I can click the indicator button and the lights illuminate. The moment that I connect the grip to the gimbal, they light up again. Even if I have not instructed the gimbal itself to turn on.

I actually just swapped the battery with a different battery and the problem persisted

Were you ever able to fix this? I have the same issue.
2023-12-13
Use props
djiuser_5zyCf655wOuT
New

United States

Same here as well. Intermittent at first but wouldn’t turn on at all on shoot in Antarctica. Very frustrating. Returned and considering an alternate brand.
1-6 11:21
Use props
Jobvb
New

Netherlands

I had the same problem and have a solution (I think). I connected the RS3 Pro to a charger (USB-C) while it was on. After a couple of seconds it automaticly turned on it's motors. I had all motors unlocked or locked, can't remember. I tried connected and disconnected the USB-C cable a couple of times and then it turned on. I immediately updated the firmware. Works since this, but I am going to send it to DJI for a check. Also keep getting Error code 1014 from the moment I bought it..
Hope this helps
3-22 08:31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules