Just receive new carbon reinforced props
1856 13 2015-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ppkessler
lvl.2

France

Hi guys

just got my new props ordered last Sunday. They look great, slightly weight less (1gr per prop) but are much rigid!!!

Done one first flight with those and P3 is much more reactive. Be careful if trying to fly inside, since any smooth action on the RC might be translated to more violent reaction from the P3.

So far, very positive feedback!

Care your fingers...

Phil
2015-9-3
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They are definitely a little bit snappier and will sure try its very best to take a finger off compared to the standard ones if you get too close
2015-9-3
Use props
Bunkx9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136946 ft
United States

I just got mine in the mail today as well. They screw on smooth as silk, no resistance at all, unlike the stock props.  
2015-9-3
Use props
Tony Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196870 ft
United Kingdom

Will have to order a set now and see for myself , feedback looks positive - thanks
2015-9-23
Use props
griff.evans47
lvl.1

United States

What's the advantage of carbon fiber props?
2015-9-23
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

griff.evans47 Posted at 2015-9-23 11:35
What's the advantage of carbon fiber props?

Little bit more lightweight, so little in fact that you will probably see no difference. ;)  Where you will see a difference is from the stiffness.  They are MUCH stiffer, which translates to a quicker reaction time.  Your phantom will feel "snappier".   

Plus.... THEY ARE CARBON FIBER!  So you get the coolness factor!
2015-9-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I hope "Snappier" doesn't lead to "crackier" body shell plastic screw pockets.

Outch the outcome . . .

Better go easy and 'break' I meant brake it in, slow and cautious.

I was going to buy a set for the coolness factor alone.
Can they be balanced as easy as the plastic pvc blades?

RedHotPoker
2015-9-23
Use props
canucobb
lvl.1

United States

Just got mine today. They look great. Haven't flown yet, it is a bit windy this afternoon in NOLA
2015-9-23
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hate to be a fly in the ointment but my  new carbon props were  more out of balance then the stock ones… On top of that one black prop has factory crossed threads. Now I have to repackage and send back all four even though only one is bad.

It only took 5 days of emails and a call to get this answer.,.. It will cost them more, and me time, to send back the props when all they needed to do was send one pair as replacements.

Butch
2015-9-23
Use props
canucobb
lvl.1

United States

I flew tonight, unfortunately daviskw2004 is right. My bird was very wobbly. No where near as stable as the factory blades. I didn't record the flight unfortunately, but the image on my galaxy s6 seemed stable. I did get a little nervous though.
2015-9-23
Use props
lvl.2
United States

This brings up an interesting question---------wouldn't stronger/tougher props transfer more harmful energy to the motor shaft (as in bending it) when it strikes something?  Wouldn't it be better to have a prop blade absorb more energy by breaking off like the way modern cars are made that collapse upon impact thereby transferring less energy to the occupants?  I think I'd rather replace a prop than a motor.  Just sayin'..........
2015-9-23
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

I agree with above  poster 100%. Why put the extra wear on all the stress points for nothing.... Plus I'd rather have my props break away than transferring all energy to the motor, motor mounts and chassis.

I still have yet to understand why somebody would want to put carbon fiber props on these things. The stock ones are like a natural suspension system built in. If it's for "better response".. it's like putting it on a tank... these things handle like crap. A 100 dollar one out performs by far.

Carbon fiber props. Why?
2015-9-23
Use props
capbat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

50418 Posted at 2015-9-23 20:35
absorb more energy by breaking off ...

Do you mean you would prefer loosing the whole bird instead of having a crack?
2015-9-24
Use props
QECadmin
lvl.3

United States

I was going to switch out my props for carbon fiber and the lad at the store recommended I stay with the stock props. Reason being the altitude I'm at here in the Springs (6000ft) the air is pretty thin up here and stability is/was the issue he was shining a light on, to save me from wrecking my bird
2015-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules