Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brian McClatchy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 594961 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

HI,

Help - I am shooting in the Cloud Forest of Papua New Guinea and am having trouble charging enough Sony NP batteries to power my High Bright Monitor all day but I have plenty of V-mount batteries with DTAP output. My Question is: can I rig up a DTap cable directly to the Sony NP Battery Plate and connect a 14 volt V-mount battery without blowing anything up?

thanks very much for a quick answer! Brian

mail@brianmcc.com
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching. For your inquiry, we will check with our engineer team, and update you soon once we get the result. Thanks.
2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Brian McClatchy, here is an update from our engineer team. Please check, thanks.

It is not recommended to connect and use in this way, because the output voltage of the V-port battery is 14V, which is much larger than the voltage output by the NP-F battery (generally about 7.2V).
If direct connecting to the NP-F battery adapter using D-TAP cable, there may be abnormal risks on the board interface. It is recommended to install and use batteries of corresponding battery models.
2023-9-30
Use props
Brian McClatchy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

Thanks for your quick reply, to bad that won't work. is there any way to connect a V-Mount battery? I haven't found an adapter plate in the DJI store for that.

I also have another question: I have a brand new Mavic 3 Pro Cine that keeps disconnecting during flight even though it is only a few meters away from the controller (I have filming very short distance flight through the forest) Is there anything I could be doing wrong or something I can do to improve reception? very frustrating, on a short flight of maybe 15 minutes it sometimes disconnects up to 4 or 5 times in a row???

thanks Brian
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Brian McClatchy Posted at 10-1 03:03
Thanks for your quick reply, to bad that won't work. is there any way to connect a V-Mount battery? I haven't found an adapter plate in the DJI store for that.

I also have another question: I have a brand new Mavic 3 Pro Cine that keeps disconnecting during flight even though it is only a few meters away from the controller (I have filming very short distance flight through the forest) Is there anything I could be doing wrong or something I can do to improve reception? very frustrating, on a short flight of maybe 15 minutes it sometimes disconnects up to 4 or 5 times in a row???

Hi there, we got an update from the corresponding team that you can use p-tap to dc-in cable.

Please note that flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, we would suggest that you fly the drone in a wide and broad place. The trees/buildings between the drone and the controller may cause interference. Also, the position of the antennas makes a great effect, too.  Please make sure the remote controller is pointed toward the aircraft. Besides, we suggest upgrading the firmware if it is needed.
2023-10-3
Use props
Brian McClatchy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

Hi Mindy, thanks for your prompt response, I appreciate your input.
Generally I am super happy with the Mavic 3 Cine. It really flies better an more precisely than any other drone I have owned previously and there have been quite a few: Phantom 3 and 4, Mavic and Mavic Pro 2 and Inspire. None of these drones had trouble with disconnecting like this one is now, not in wide open spaces or in forest areas.

Unfortunately we are making a film about Birds that live in the rainforest of Papua so there really is no option to fly in a wide or broad place like you suggest.
my last flight the drone disconnected again at various distances, from 2 to 20 meters but all had direct line of sight to the controller and the controller antenna were pointed directly at the Mavic 3.

making matters worse the drone started ascending automatically even though all obstacle avoidance was turned off and the drone was not closer than 2 or 3 meters to the next tree at that time. Worst of all the drone then gave the message "Landing" a few times even though there was still plenty of battery power left, at least 50% so each time I had to manually override the "landing" procedure or I would have lost the drone in the forest!

This is really not a viable situation for me as I am working on a (for me) very important Blue Chip Natural History Film Project for major Television Stations in Europe (German ARD, ARTE, ORF etc. )

For now I have finished this part of filming and will depart tomorrow for Thailand where we will continue filming for the same project and will absolutely need a drone that can fly absolutely reliably, so I really would like to get a replacement for this Mavic 3 pro Cine as soon as possible.

Is there a way that you can help me out here so that I can receive a new Drone in Thailand within the next week at the latest? I will be staying in Chang Mai in Thailand for the next seven days so that would be the best place to receive the drone.

thanks for you help, I look forward to a positive reply!

my best, Brian
2023-10-6
Use props
Brian McClatchy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Indonesia

2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for the issue you experienced. The information on the RC Pro is a bit hard to read. Could you please check if it was recognizing that a pair of DJI Goggles was connected?

If you are able to use the computer, please try to refresh the firmware for the aircraft and controller, then relink them and check again.

If the issue is the same, could you please confirm where the drone was purchased for better assistance? Or you can provide the serial number of the drone for further checking. Thank you.
2023-10-6
Use props
Brian McClatchy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Hi Im still traveling on the way to Thailand so have not been able to refresh firmware yet.

The serial number is 1581F6MKC235C024P543 Drone was purchased in Germany. I also purchased the DJI Refresh Agreement No.A8DA7D1044AAC6CE

Thanks for your help
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Brian McClatchy Posted at 10-8 02:40
Hi Im still traveling on the way to Thailand so have not been able to refresh firmware yet.

The serial number is 1581F6MKC235C024P543 Drone was purchased in Germany. I also purchased the DJI Refresh Agreement No.A8DA7D1044AAC6CE

Hello, there. We are sorry that DJI Care Refresh does not provide international coverage to DJI Mavic 3 Pro and DJI Care Refresh Service is only available in the country or region where the DJI Care Refresh was purchased. You can only claim the services in the European region if you bought it from Germany.

2023-10-8
Use props
Brian McClatchy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

Ok. Good to know. What about my European Guarantee? Does that provide coverage in Thailand?
2023-10-8
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Brian McClatchy Posted at 10-8 03:37
Ok. Good to know. What about my European Guarantee? Does that provide coverage in Thailand?

DJI does not provide global warranty, customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product. However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge.

You can have more information here: https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer
2023-10-8
Use props
Brian McClatchy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 10-6 01:50
Hi there, we are sorry for the issue you experienced. The information on the RC Pro is a bit hard to read. Could you please check if it was recognizing that a pair of DJI Goggles was connected?

If you are able to use the computer, please try to refresh the firmware for the aircraft and controller, then relink them and check again.

Hi. Finally back in civilization with a good inter Connection so was able to update firmware and that seems to have fixed the problem at least for the first test flight everything seems ok.

Thanks for the help. Brian
2023-10-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Brian McClatchy Posted at 10-11 18:09
Hi. Finally back in civilization with a good inter Connection so was able to update firmware and that seems to have fixed the problem at least for the first test flight everything seems ok.

Thanks for the help. Brian

Thank you for your updates. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules