7358 56 2023-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MM_fly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 498399 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_YuxYiXXe76UI Posted at 12-9 07:45
Just got my new iPhone 15 pro max, and now my drone is grounded.

Not very good at all.

Please contact DJI direct and complain like I hope most have.

It’s ridiculous it’s still going on, and no update has come out to fix it yet.
2023-12-9
Use props
djiuser_YuxYiXXe76UI
lvl.1
United Kingdom

MM_fly Posted at 12-9 09:19
Please contact DJI direct and complain like I hope most have.

It’s ridiculous it’s still going on, and no update has come out to fix it yet.

Thanks

Any details of where to write?
2023-12-9
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_YuxYiXXe76UI Posted at 12-9 10:30
Thanks

Any details of where to write?

I went on DJI chat and asked there….in September!
2023-12-9
Use props
djiuser_NSFiNzCPWjWc
New

United States

Annietex Posted at 10-7 11:36
WORKAROUND FOUND!

I ordered an adapter from Amazon (female lightning to male usbc) and it "blocked " the ability to charge the remote from my phone and I'm able to use it now. Link to what I ordered: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BTDLJYRS?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

Hi. I tried your link but Amazon site stated ERTOR. Would you please provide name and model of your USB C to Lightning adaptor.
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_ZVIwYqbXAxH0
New

United Kingdom

Same issue. mini 2 worked phone with iPhone 13 Pro with the official lightning connector. Now using  iPhone 15 pro with the official usb c to usb c connector and the RC will connect briefly, then disconnect mid flight.
2023-12-31
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So what are DJI doing about this? It’s now numerous people, not just me, can we not have this fixing please
2023-12-31
Use props
fans0cfaceed
lvl.1

United States

Come on DJI! Time to fix this issue!!!
1-4 20:34
Use props
tysonzach
lvl.1

India

I too got the same issue
1-4 21:01
Use props
cyan
Ban Posts
Flight distance : 202326 ft
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
1-6 21:54
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

cyan Posted at 1-6 21:54
this means the phone is not connected to the rc

Yes we know this, the issue is that the new iPhone 15 has USB-C and can now charge external devices, eg headphones.

However this has affected the RC as it must think that it wants to charge, and that causes disconnection. There’s no option to disable this. So during flight people sees getting disconnected.

I’m really really disappointed that it’s now been over 3 months since iPhone 15 released and DJI haven’t fixed this
1-7 02:33
Use props
MM_fly
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Fly app update yesterday. Nothing mentioned just the standard “fixed issues” whatever they are…?…

Nothing about iPhone 15 models mentioned. Anyone able to try, I can’t for a while to see other new app posted if fixed, or any option to stop it charging the RC?
1-11 00:39
Use props
GTAIRVIEW
New
United States

Get a Lightning to USB C adapter or cable, whichever and use it. The lightning cable will stop the reverse charging that the iPhone 15's have with the newly added USB C port. Lightning connection will not allow the reverse charging problem that is new with the iPhone 15's. Easy fix.
2-23 05:54
Use props
GTAIRVIEW
New
United States

djiuser_yS8Z5QrgOFZ2 Posted at 2023-10-26 18:23
I would like to use my drone that I paid a lot of money for. Is there an adapter for the iPhone 15?

Lightning to USB C adapter or cable. It's the newly added USB C port on the new iPhones that have reverse charging capabilities that are messing things up. Using the lightning cable with any adapter stops the reverse charging and will allow normal operation with the new iPhone 15's.
2-23 05:56
Use props
GTAIRVIEW
New
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-9-29 21:23
Hi, I'm sorry about the trouble. Does your have a protective case? If so. does the issue still persist even when it's removed? Also please try to disconnect and reconnect the cable, and then check whether the remote controller is connected to the mobile phone. If possible, retry with another USB cable.
When using the RC-N1 remote controller, we need to confirm that the cable is connected to the correct port (need to use the connection port for the phone's connection) as the below picture:
[view_image]

Lightning to USB C adapter or cable. It's the newly added USB C port on the new iPhones that have reverse charging capabilities that are messing things up. Using the lightning cable with any adapter stops the reverse charging and will allow normal operation with the new iPhone 15's.
2-23 05:57
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

GTAIRVIEW Posted at 2-23 05:57
Lightning to USB C adapter or cable. It's the newly added USB C port on the new iPhones that have reverse charging capabilities that are messing things up. Using the lightning cable with any adapter stops the reverse charging and will allow normal operation with the new iPhone 15's.

We appreciate you sharing your workaround. This will surely help other users experiencing this issue. Have a nice day.
2-24 03:20
Use props
moe3754
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1184 ft
United States

Has anyone thought of contacting apple about this since they sell the DJI mini 3 and 4 in their apple stores? The store here in my town has both drones for sale. Since I have a iphone 14 plus I now know not to upgrade my phone. I would suggest contacting apple support!
2-24 12:18
Use props
robbiewex
lvl.1
United States

I don't believe that DJI is being so stupid about this situation, but I have very good news. I purchased an Apple Lightning-to-USB-C adapter for my Mavic Pro/iPhone 15 Pro combo, and it works!! I was able to have the DJI Go 4 app update the database and connect to the Mavic Pro without any error or signs of any possible issue. Unfortunately, since it's evening here and it's raining, I won't be flying today but there really is no reason to believe this will not work. And the Apple adapter was $29 - better than trying to find some other solution that may or may not work!!
2-27 14:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules