Mavic Air 2 Remote ID
10276 24 2023-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

Sorry but I have been away from flying my MA2 for several months and tried to search for this information but couldn't find it.  I did the new .1600 firmware update yesterday after seeing it added support for RID requirements.  I noticed by going to Menu and About that at the bottom of the page there was a Remote ID serial number.  Does this mean my drone has Remode ID capability?  Or does it mean that if I got a Remote ID broadcast module then that would be the serial number I would use?  So basically what I'm asking is what do I have to do to make my MA2 compliant with current Remote ID regulations?  Thanks

2023-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you see the RID number on the about page then the latest FW update added RID capability to your drone.  To make sure it is working start up your drone and then the controller.  Once the Fly App is showing on the screen click in the upper left hand corner and it will take you to a new screen where you can scroll down and it should say "remote ID functionality normal"  Here's a couple of shots in case I'm not very clear on this.  Also this video starting at 3:46 should help.  You still need to go to the FAA Drone Zone and re-register your drone as you can't update it to include the remote ID number.  So just cancel out the current registration and then click Add New.  It's really simple.  
FA.jpg
FA2.jpg
2023-9-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, I forgot to add the video.  

2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As mentioned by Captain DowntownRDB in the above post, you need to go to the FAA Drone Zone and re-register your drone after you upgrade the RID-compliant firmware. You may access the link below for the FAA Drone Zone website. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

https://faadronezone-access.faa.gov/#/
2023-9-29
Use props
chillerin
New

Austria

Hello Rustic17, quick question: the update you installed - was that 01.01.1600?
2023-10-1
Use props
Bischi999
lvl.1
Flight distance : 58661 ft

Switzerland

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-29 11:08
If you see the RID number on the about page then the latest FW update added RID capability to your drone.  To make sure it is working start up your drone and then the controller.  Once the Fly App is showing on the screen click in the upper left hand corner and it will take you to a new screen where you can scroll down and it should say "remote ID functionality normal"  Here's a couple of shots in case I'm not very clear on this.  Also this video starting at 3:46 should help.  You still need to go to the FAA Drone Zone and re-register your drone as you can't update it to include the remote ID number.  So just cancel out the current registration and then click Add New.  It's really simple.

Hello DowntownRDB
Is the smart controller now also compatible or does the remote ID only work with the normal remote control?
2023-10-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bischi999 Posted at 10-26 21:52
Hello DowntownRDB
Is the smart controller now also compatible or does the remote ID only work with the normal remote control?

It works on my RC Pro Controller.  I'm not sure about the original Smart Controller as I don't own one.  
2023-10-27
Use props
Bischi999
lvl.1

Switzerland

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-27 06:04
It works on my RC Pro Controller.  I'm not sure about the original Smart Controller as I don't own one.

OK, that sounds good.
I have updated everything and also purchased the RC-N1 Remote Controller, but there is no way for me to enter the ID.
Surely it should also be possible to enter these outside of the USA?
2023-10-28
Use props
Bischi999
lvl.1

Switzerland

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-28 06:02
Possibly not as RID is only active when the drone is operated in the USA (& Japan as well I believe).

That would be really stupid, because then no one outside the USA can prepare for his visit and would have to do all the registration during his vacation. I will definitely take the drone with me and hope it will work within the USA.
2023-10-28
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bischi999 Posted at 10-28 06:14
That would be really stupid, because then no one outside the USA can prepare for his visit and would have to do all the registration during his vacation. I will definitely take the drone with me and hope it will work within the USA.

Your drone will work in the USA regardless the registration.  However, you do need to register to be fully legal.  I think your question is how to get into the faa.gov database and complete your registration details.

Or when you say "there is no way for me to enter the ID" you mean,
1.You cannot find the place on the website to enter it, or
2.You try to enter it and it won't let you, or
3.You cannot get into the faa.gov from abroad.
2023-11-3
Use props
Bischi999
lvl.1

Switzerland

The Saint Posted at 11-3 12:04
Your drone will work in the USA regardless the registration.  However, you do need to register to be fully legal.  I think your question is how to get into the faa.gov database and complete your registration details.

Or when you say "there is no way for me to enter the ID" you mean,

No, the problem is that in the US, unlike Europe, the drone generates the ID and since I'm not in the US, I can't write down the ID or put it on the drone.

In Europe I am assigned an ID and then this is entered into the drone and attached to the outside.

The bad thing is that vacationers from outside the US cannot prepare for their stay and that is very bad.

Unfortunately I don't know whether the remote ID will work or what the ID is like.
2023-11-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bischi999 Posted at 11-5 12:13
No, the problem is that in the US, unlike Europe, the drone generates the ID and since I'm not in the US, I can't write down the ID or put it on the drone.

In Europe I am assigned an ID and then this is entered into the drone and attached to the outside.

The drone doesn't generate anything.  The drone does not generate the remote ID and the drone does not generate the FAA registration ID.  Neither.

In the US, you don't have to enter anything into the drone.  Just take your registration number (not your remote ID) and print it out and attach to teh drone.

Are you still wanting to know how you can get an FAA registration number?  You don't even need to own a drone to get one.  I get the feeling that you cannot get prepared because you don't understand the process which we can help you with it here.

Just so you know, if you don't end up adding your RID number to the FAA database, it won't be the end of the world.  As of now, that step does not have to be done to get you up into the air flying.
2023-11-5
Use props
Saygone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53297 ft
Poland

Hey all!
Please don't kill me fo stupid question but... I just started my journey with drones. My first drone is Mavic Air 2. And I can see that you are all writing that after the September update MA2 is RID ready to fly in EU and USA next year. But I don't see that RID when I open DjiFly app. And yes it is up to date. Am I missing anything is this related to stock controller?
2023-12-12
Use props
djiuser_qdlSAxsoIClm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1072497 ft
Netherlands

Hello, I'm flying an Mavic Air 2 in the Netherlands.
Everything is up to date, but I still can't see the RID.
Is there another update comming?
Screenshot_20240102_100534.jpg
Screenshot_20240102_100545.jpg
1-2 01:30
Use props
zanderzhng
New

China

djiuser_qdlSAxsoIClm Posted at 1-2 01:30
Hello, I'm flying an Mavic Air 2 in the Netherlands.
Everything is up to date, but I still can't see the RID.
Is there another update comming?

Same here in China. Everything's up 2 date but I can't see RID.

I've registered the device with 1581F3N3************0 as RID and according some threads it should be correct.
I'll see if there's a new ID once I arrive USA days later. If I can see my actual RID and it's incorrect, I could just update the RID in the FAA website without having to repay.
1-2 05:58
Use props
Blage_487
New
Flight distance : 32441 ft

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 2023-9-29 11:08
If you see the RID number on the about page then the latest FW update added RID capability to your drone.  To make sure it is working start up your drone and then the controller.  Once the Fly App is showing on the screen click in the upper left hand corner and it will take you to a new screen where you can scroll down and it should say "remote ID functionality normal"  Here's a couple of shots in case I'm not very clear on this.  Also this video starting at 3:46 should help.  You still need to go to the FAA Drone Zone and re-register your drone as you can't update it to include the remote ID number.  So just cancel out the current registration and then click Add New.  It's really simple.

Post RID Update Mavic Air 2:
I had done the software update for my sUAS and updated the RID number on my old registration that had my RID module as seen in the video. I waited a day before testing and found that though Drone Zone saved my change and the DJI Fly app stated the RID was functioning normally, my Drone Scanner (IOS) app does not pick it up.

I have been looking for information to help me with this issue and your response here seems to be the most relevant information I have found. I was hoping you know why and can confirm that we must re-register the drone instead of updating the the remote ID number as shown in the video you referenced.
Thank you!
1-4 09:13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blage_487 Posted at 1-4 09:13
Post RID Update Mavic Air 2:
I had done the software update for my sUAS and updated the RID number on my old registration that had my RID module as seen in the video. I waited a day before testing and found that though Drone Zone saved my change and the DJI Fly app stated the RID was functioning normally, my Drone Scanner (IOS) app does not pick it up.

The FAA website would not let me modify my previous registration so I just cancelled it and added a new one so I could include the RID.  

Another way to check if your drone is transmitting RID is look on your smartphone under wifi connections and you should see a listing for your drone.  
1-4 14:37
Use props
fans348ed0b9
New

United States

So I've landed the U.S. and dji fly app was able to show RID.
The RID matches the pattern 1581F3N3************0, ** were replaced with SN.
1-4 22:12
Use props
Blage_487
New
Flight distance : 32441 ft

United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-4 14:37
The FAA website would not let me modify my previous registration so I just cancelled it and added a new one so I could include the RID.  

Another way to check if your drone is transmitting RID is look on your smartphone under wifi connections and you should see a listing for your drone.

I also re-registered my drone and canceled my previous registration. My drone scanner app and phone wifi setting still do not pick up the RID. My Mavic Air 2 has the "Remote ID functionality normal (Code: 1b080003)" until it is in the air, but even when it is on the round the RID is not picked up. All looks good in DroneZone, so I am getting really frustrated.
1-11 11:56
Use props
Chairman7w
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blage_487 Posted at 1-11 11:56
I also re-registered my drone and canceled my previous registration. My drone scanner app and phone wifi setting still do not pick up the RID. My Mavic Air 2 has the "Remote ID functionality normal (Code: 1b080003)" until it is in the air, but even when it is on the round the RID is not picked up. All looks good in DroneZone, so I am getting really frustrated.

Any luck yet?

I'm still trying to register my Mavic Air 2 and getting no where.

Same issue. I type in the Serial number and it says it's Invalid.
1-26 21:32
Use props
Cyberheuze
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166844 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bischi999 Posted at 2023-11-5 12:13
No, the problem is that in the US, unlike Europe, the drone generates the ID and since I'm not in the US, I can't write down the ID or put it on the drone.

I have the same problem. I live in Germany. I wanted to register my Mavic Air 2 on the FAA Website for a trip to the US. Everything is updated on the drone. But no remote id. My question: Does the remote id show up when I power the Mavic Air 2 up in the US? Then I could register the drone just before my first flight there. Thanks for help
2-19 07:01
Use props
Joostdelaat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62041 ft
Netherlands

fans348ed0b9 Posted at 1-4 22:12
So I've landed the U.S. and dji fly app was able to show RID.
The RID matches the pattern 1581F3N3************0, ** were replaced with SN.

Hi. So this means that you started your Air2 in the US and got a RID on yor RC? I'm  dutch and want to vist US with my Air2-drone with a SN started with 3N3xxxx. I'm afraid my SN will not accepted.
2-28 14:13
Use props
Joostdelaat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62041 ft
Netherlands

Cyberheuze Posted at 2-19 07:01
I have the same problem. I live in Germany. I wanted to register my Mavic Air 2 on the FAA Website for a trip to the US. Everything is updated on the drone. But no remote id. My question: Does the remote id show up when I power the Mavic Air 2 up in the US? Then I could register the drone just before my first flight there. Thanks for help

Did the RID pop up when you powered up your MA2 in the US? . Did all work correct? I will visit de US next summer and will have the same issue.
Thanks in advance.
3-1 09:56
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Cyberheuze Posted at 2-19 07:01
I have the same problem. I live in Germany. I wanted to register my Mavic Air 2 on the FAA Website for a trip to the US. Everything is updated on the drone. But no remote id. My question: Does the remote id show up when I power the Mavic Air 2 up in the US? Then I could register the drone just before my first flight there. Thanks for help

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. If you bring an RID-compliant drone to the US from a non-US country, the drone will broadcast FAA Remote ID signal after take off in the US. We suggest that you coordinate with the local aviation authorities on the location where you want to fly to abide by their rules and regulations. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a good one!
3-1 19:18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Joostdelaat Posted at 3-1 09:56
Did the RID pop up when you powered up your MA2 in the US? . Did all work correct? I will visit de US next summer and will have the same issue.
Thanks in advance.

Hello there, Kindly refer to my response above for more information. If you need further assistance, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
3-1 19:19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules