Controlling Two Focus Motors for Zoom and Focus on DJI RS 3 Pro u...
2790 3 2023-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZAPTEAM
lvl.2
Canada

Hi
I am considering setting up a DJI RS 3 Pro with two focus motors to control zoom and focus separately. I plan to use the Ronin 4D Hand Grips along with the DJI transmitter for remote control. Before proceeding with this setup, I wanted to confirm a few things:
  • Is it possible to control two focus motors separately for zoom and focus on the DJI RS 3 Pro using the Ronin 4D Hand Grips and DJI transmitter?
  • If yes, what would be the setup process to ensure each focus motor is assigned correctly to zoom and focus controls respectively?
  • Are there any additional accessories or configurations required to achieve this setup effectively?
I appreciate any guidance or experiences shared by the community in setting up a similar configuration.
Thank you in advance

2023-9-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ZAPTEAM. Thank you for reaching out. We'll forward your concern to our relevant team for confirmation. We'll let you know once we receive an update.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, ZAPTEAM. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed that the DJI Transmission does not support controlling two follow-focus motors for the following reasons:
1. After DJI RS3 Pro installs two follow-focus motors, the DJI Transmitter will not be able to connect with DJI RS3 PRO because the interface for communication connection is occupied.
2. DJI Transmission is used with a DJI Ronin 4D control handle connected to DJI RS3 PRO, the handle's bobber can only control one follow focus motor at most.

Hope this answers your concern. Should you need further assistance, please let us know.
2023-10-5
Use props
ZAPTEAM
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-5 03:52
Hi, ZAPTEAM. Thank you for patiently waiting. We have confirmed that the DJI Transmission does not support controlling two follow-focus motors for the following reasons:
1. After DJI RS3 Pro installs two follow-focus motors, the DJI Transmitter will not be able to connect with DJI RS3 PRO because the interface for communication connection is occupied.
2. DJI Transmission is used with a DJI Ronin 4D control handle connected to DJI RS3 PRO, the handle's bobber can only control one follow focus motor at most.

Hi,
Thank you for your response.
I came across a video that seems to suggest otherwise regarding the use of two follow-focus motors with the DJI Transmitter and RS3 Pro. In the video it's mentioned that the RS3 Pro come with a new focus motor that has two USB-C ports allowing for one motor to be set up as a LiDAR autofocus and the second motor as a zoom control.

Given this information there appears to be a discrepancy between what the video implies and your response. Could you please clarify this?

Here is the link to the video for your reference at 13:18 :
2023-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules