Waypoints on computer
5233 35 2023-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

Just wondering if DJI Flighthub 2 is able to create waypoint missions for the mini 4 pro ?
or if not, will it be compatible in the future ?

2023-9-29
Use props
pinballwiz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3808425 ft
United States

That would be cool! Great idea.
2023-9-29
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

dronelink.com
2023-9-29
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

Guess I should have said I'm using the RC2. Can't install Dronelink on that.
2023-9-29
Use props
H3llo
lvl.3
Netherlands

But your subject is saying ‘computer’ not RC?-2?!
You can create waypoints on your RC-2!

DL not supports mini 4 pro yet. We will have too wait for the SDK release
2023-9-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Waypoints can only be edited and created in the fly app at the moment.  
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Lieutenant. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Flighthub 2 is commonly used with Enterprise Series drones, not with Consumer Series like Mini 4 Pro. We currently don't have any information about their compatibility but we'll take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for evaluation. As of now, for Mini 4 Pro, you may only create waypoint missions using the DJI Fly app. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-9-30
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

H3llo Posted at 9-30 00:03
But your subject is saying ‘computer’ not RC?-2?!
You can create waypoints on your RC-2!

That's correct. Flighthub 2 is a computer app.
I know waypoints can be created in the RC2 but creating them via a computer means you can pre plan a flight at home.

It's no big deal to create at the controller, just having the other option would be handy.
2023-9-30
Use props
Lieutenant
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 9-30 00:50
Hi, Lieutenant. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI Flighthub 2 is commonly used with Enterprise Series drones, not with Consumer Series like Mini 4 Pro. We currently don't have any information about their compatibility but we'll take this as a suggestion of yours and forward it to our relevant team for evaluation. As of now, for Mini 4 Pro, you may only create waypoint missions using the DJI Fly app. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Thanks for the info
2023-9-30
Use props
yazmeen
lvl.1

Canada

DJI FlightHub 2 is primarily designed for enterprise drones and might not support the Mini 4 Pro. Compatibility with consumer drones like the Mini series might not be available currently. It's best to check DJI's official website or contact their support for the most recent updates on software compatibility. They might release future updates that could include support for Mini 4 Pro, so staying tuned to their announcements would be a good idea.
2023-10-14
Use props
djiuser_tMMNKKHR01Md
New

New Zealand

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-14 18:40
You can create missions directly on the RC2 but it is not good.  The map resolution is too low & it does not allow you to zoom in close enough for accurate waypoint placement.  It is fine if you are dropping waypoints in wide open areas, but if your plan is spiraling or flying close to structures it lacks the necessary precision.  The only way to accurately create such missions is to capture the waypoints live (flying to the spot & recording the points via C1).

Yes the map does not zoom in enough to be able to create accurate waypoints. I tried to create 4 way points that just few around my property and it was not accurate enough to work with. They either need to allow you to zoom in more closely or allow another method like editing the waypoints on a computer and syncing them to the drone.
2023-11-26
Use props
phatav8r60
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-30 00:42
Waypoints can only be edited and created in the fly app at the moment.

and that sucks, because some of us have fat fingers and want to refine our waypoint missions
2023-11-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

phatav8r60 Posted at 11-28 14:56
and that sucks, because some of us have fat fingers and want to refine our waypoint missions

Yep,   totaly agree with you there.
2023-11-29
Use props
MagicMan_BK17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26319 ft
Canada

My workaround for the fat fingers is using an external monitor and a bluetooth mouse/keyboard hooked up to the RC2.

Does not solve the resolution but at least I can see what i am doing...

Should have got the RC-N2.... Would not have all these issues.. map resolution, unable to save screenshot to SD card, terrible file navigation.. etc...
2023-12-1
Use props
fansbb16d87a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27684 ft

United States

It would be great to create a waypoint missions on my tablet/phone using DJIFly and easily transferring them to my RC 2.
2023-12-1
Use props
djiuser_KtHu6GJFRx5s
New

Singapore

The requirement for improved editing for waypoint flights is very real

Additional zoom
Undo button
Insert waypoint (take best practice from draw.io where an opaque new waypoint is always available half way between waypoints for dragging)
Webpage editing
Having created an awesome flight path, how to share it?

Note to community: my planned workaround meanwhile is to use a USB dongle to attach to a larger screen and use Bluetooth mouse to navigate.
2023-12-13
Use props
djiuser_YFwPMC0zXu2J
New

Canada

Man, I really hope this is improved soon. I just spent a fortune on this mini 4 and it has less waypoint functionality as the $300 drone I have. Were actually disadvantaged by having the superior RC?
I’m trying to find a way to at least make waypoints with the RC fly app, WITHOUT the drone being powered up. Is that possible? Mine overheats, gimbal doesn’t like the cover on and it just wastes battery sitting there.
I have had some success with powering the drone off after I started the waypoint process. Yet if I exit I need the drone on again to create another.
It’s absolutely ridiculous that one can’t use a PC or smart phone to create flight plans. I could have gotten a Mavic for what I paid for this mini.
Even using just the RC to make waypoints is kinda a waste as it uses quite a bit of power while doing basically nothing. It would be a compromise if it had an ‘offline’ mode where it’s not powering antennas and connecting to cameras and such. I would like to take my time planning
2023-12-26
Use props
fans8e5ab129
lvl.1
United States

I am totally stinks that a waypoint mission can't be created offline on a computer. And yes the resolution of the maps sucks on the RC2. I sold a couple of Gen 1 mavic pros to help offset the cost of the Mini 4. With the Gen 1 Mavic I could set up waypoint using the Litchi application. Less functionality with new Drone. Dji needs to make this a priority fix.

1-11 12:19
Use props
djiuser_O18iszCa2j4u
New

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2023-10-14 18:40
You can create missions directly on the RC2 but it is not good.  The map resolution is too low & it does not allow you to zoom in close enough for accurate waypoint placement.  It is fine if you are dropping waypoints in wide open areas, but if your plan is spiraling or flying close to structures it lacks the necessary precision.  The only way to accurately create such missions is to capture the waypoints live (flying to the spot & recording the points via C1).

"You can create missions directly on the RC2 but it is not good.  The map resolution is too low & it does not allow you to zoom in close enough for accurate waypoint placement.  It is fine if you are dropping waypoints in wide open areas, but if your plan is spiraling or flying close to structures it lacks the necessary precision.  The only way to accurately create such missions is to capture the waypoints live (flying to the spot & recording the points via C1)."

This is absolutely true.  I just go my new Mini 4 Pro, and it is a huge disappointment that the waypoint map view is so small it is practically worthless.  

This waypoint mission was with the first flight with the new Mini 4 Pro, and as you can see from the image, it's impossible to work with the points with a map so small.  

Without the ability to either zoom in to a workable size, or export to a desktop to edit and import back, then the waypoint feature loses great utility and value.

It's great on the open fields, but in the US, you cannot use drones in any national parks and other beautiful monuments and sights.  

DJI - can I return the drone with only this minimal usage to take this waypoint?
1-17 13:50
Use props
LeMagnifique
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3281 ft
Czechia

do I understand this situation well, there is no currently any app which allows me to create waypoint on my Mac in advance? lets say I have mini4pro with RC2 and I would like to shot 18 holes on golf course, hence 18 routes with 2 to 5 waypoint on each.
1-18 07:52
Use props
Phil Rosa-Leeke
lvl.1
Portugal

Why the heck don't DJI pull their finger out and at least give us firmware that would allow us to import KMZ routes/POI files either wirelessly or via the SD card. Once imported we could then simply edite each waypoint as our heart desires!
2-4 03:52
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
United States

It is possible.
Since i also dislike the abilities of the RC 2 display, I searched and found a video, a couple of days ago.
Youz need
Litchi waypoint hub for creating
Litchi Waypoint Mission to DJI Fly Waypoint Mission for converting
An existing mission in fly app, to exchange the newly created mission with that one. 1:1 in name!
Check out this video, ignore the dronelink stuff, start with Litchi and create your mission there!
2-11 12:33
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Phil Rosa-Leeke Posted at 2-4 03:52
Why the heck don't DJI pull their finger out and at least give us firmware that would allow us to import KMZ routes/POI files either wirelessly or via the SD card. Once imported we could then simply edite each waypoint as our heart desires!

Hello, there. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Rest assured that we'll inform our team regarding this particular feature for future reference. Please pay attention to our official website for future updates.
2-13 01:59
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2-11 12:33
It is possible.
Since i also dislike the abilities of the RC 2 display, I searched and found a video, a couple of days ago.
Youz need

I was thinking of upgrading to the Mini 4 Pro with the RC2, and thankfully came across this thread about waypoints, and how awful the RC2 screen is in terms of resolution for such an important process. Ideally, I'd like to use the Litchi hub on my laptop to create my waypoint mission, and then go fly it, and amend it if necessary. Your profile doesn't list the Mini 4 Pro, so are you absolutely certain this will work (since it's the Air 3 mentioned in the video)? This would be a lot better than currently trying to fly the same route with my Mini 2, even over short distances. It might be time to smash open the piggy bank.
4-1 09:49
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
United States

steamship Posted at 4-1 09:49
I was thinking of upgrading to the Mini 4 Pro with the RC2, and thankfully came across this thread about waypoints, and how awful the RC2 screen is in terms of resolution for such an important process. Ideally, I'd like to use the Litchi hub on my laptop to create my waypoint mission, and then go fly it, and amend it if necessary. Your profile doesn't list the Mini 4 Pro, so are you absolutely certain this will work (since it's the Air 3 mentioned in the video)? This would be a lot better than currently trying to fly the same route with my Mini 2, even over short distances. It might be time to smash open the piggy bank.

In my profil, click  > > >, Mini 4 will show up.
The Video is for Air 3, but the Fly app and the remote is the same for the Mini 4
And  the DJI waypoint function is the same.

4-1 10:12
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

steamship Posted at 4-1 09:49
I was thinking of upgrading to the Mini 4 Pro with the RC2, and thankfully came across this thread about waypoints, and how awful the RC2 screen is in terms of resolution for such an important process. Ideally, I'd like to use the Litchi hub on my laptop to create my waypoint mission, and then go fly it, and amend it if necessary. Your profile doesn't list the Mini 4 Pro, so are you absolutely certain this will work (since it's the Air 3 mentioned in the video)? This would be a lot better than currently trying to fly the same route with my Mini 2, even over short distances. It might be time to smash open the piggy bank.

Talk about the fact that RC 2 is poorly suited for planning missions using waypoints is greatly exaggerated)
For example, for me this is not difficult, of course on a PC it would probably be more convenient, but on RC 2 it is very quick and clear. Buy with confidence!
4-1 11:22
Use props
ValleyForge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 24754 ft
Australia

https://www.waypointmap.com works for the newer drones but it's a work in progress.
But it is free and it really works!
4-2 01:56
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is also tools to convert Litchi Missions to Waypoint Missions here: https://www.litchiutilities.com/
4-7 09:40
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks to Serg SSA, ValleyForge & Gulfstream for their comments. Will have to try creating the mission when I buy it to see how bad/good it is. I came across the waypointmap and had a play with it. Still very much a work in progress e.g. a circle mission on a level field turns into an ellipse, and wildly offset from the original circle. The Litchi utility would help keep everything to just the one app/site. i.e. create it on my laptop in Litchi Hub, fly it in Google Earth to check it, convert and save to the RC2, then drive to the location and fly it.
4-9 03:38
Use props
HYADUM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66801 ft

United Kingdom

steamship Posted at 4-9 03:38
Thanks to Serg SSA, ValleyForge & Gulfstream for their comments. Will have to try creating the mission when I buy it to see how bad/good it is. I came across the waypointmap and had a play with it. Still very much a work in progress e.g. a circle mission on a level field turns into an ellipse, and wildly offset from the original circle. The Litchi utility would help keep everything to just the one app/site. i.e. create it on my laptop in Litchi Hub, fly it in Google Earth to check it, convert and save to the RC2, then drive to the location and fly it.

Any update? How did it go? I'm looking to do the same
4-12 06:59
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
United Kingdom

HYADUM Posted at 4-12 06:59
Any update? How did it go? I'm looking to do the same

The weather has been atrocious here lately, as opposed to the constant rain we've had since the middle of last year! I literally have only been able to get out once between the rain and the wind, and even that was a second attempt as the wind was gusting to 40mph. At just about 5m off the ground, you could hear it struggling to maintain position in a hover, so I decided to just create a waypoint mission as I was taking some photos of some construction work for a neighbour. There was no point in wrecking the drone days after buying it. I'll run the waypoint mission the next time and compare the photos to see how accurate it is.
4-16 03:22
Use props
djiuser_fl0AG9OqVP1T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99925 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2-11 12:33
It is possible.
Youz need

I tried this method to generate new missions, but the procedure to transfer to the RC2 is somewhat cumbersome.  Anyway, when I flew a mission with loss of signal set to "Continue", the M4 Pro RTH'ed instead of continuing to the next waypoint after signal loss.  However, missions created from scratch on the RC2 do "continue" to the next WP on signal loss.  Does anybody know why the Litchi-generated mission RTH'ed instead?

One advantage of the Litchi method is it allows creating WPs with negative altitude.  Haven't flown that mission yet, so don't know yet how well it will work with the M4 Pro + RC2.

4-17 19:16
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_fl0AG9OqVP1T Posted at 4-17 19:16
I tried this method to generate new missions, but the procedure to transfer to the RC2 is somewhat cumbersome.  Anyway, when I flew a mission with loss of signal set to "Continue", the M4 Pro RTH'ed instead of continuing to the next waypoint after signal loss.  However, missions created from scratch on the RC2 do "continue" to the next WP on signal loss.  Does anybody know why the Litchi-generated mission RTH'ed instead?

One advantage of the Litchi method is it allows creating WPs with negative altitude.  Haven't flown that mission yet, so don't know yet how well it will work with the M4 Pro + RC2.

Missions are not longer fully autonomous.
Since Fly app, the drone and the remote need to be connected.
No remote connection = RTHSafety feature, assumingly to prevent people from flying missions around big structures ?

Since I did not fly a mission with negativ altitude, yet, I can only guess.
But my guess is, that it will work.
There is no  difference, to fly a drone in a mission or on the remote from high HP to lower points.
It is all barometer controlled
4-18 00:27
Use props
djiuser_fl0AG9OqVP1T
lvl.2
Flight distance : 99925 ft
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 4-18 00:27
Missions are not longer fully autonomous.
Since Fly app, the drone and the remote need to be connected.
No remote connection = RTHSafety feature, assumingly to prevent people from flying missions around big structures ?

I thought that restriction (of not being able to "Continue" to next WP on signal loss) was only applicable in EU, not the US.  I remember using that feature successfully few months ago, so I wonder if it is the new 1.13.0 that has added the US restriction.
4-18 16:09
Use props
jlucero
lvl.1

United States

this is very useful information...didnt know alot of this!
4-18 21:50
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
United Kingdom

My neighbour asked me if I could video the field he has big plans for, but the waypoint missions add curved lines between the waypoints. From a cinematic viewpoint, that is fine, but it would be great if it allowed the option of having straight lines between the waypoints, like the images you see on the Dronelink site.
4-22 04:24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules