1234Next >
152962 132 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
asfodelo42
lvl.3

Italy

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-23 17:46
You will need to update it. Same process, just put the latest firmware BIN on the SD and urn the P ...

Thank you so if I understand it I have to repeat the update on P3A with inserted the new battery ??
2015-9-23
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

asfodelo42 Posted at 2015-9-23 20:02
Thank you so if I understand it I have to repeat the update on P3A with inserted the new battery ? ...

Yes.. Correct.. But only the battery will update, not the entire P3.
2015-9-23
Use props
asfodelo42
lvl.3

Italy

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-23 21:16
Yes.. Correct.. But only the battery will update, not the entire P3.

got it, thanks to the collaboration greetings
2015-9-24
Use props
Viren
New

Poland

Hello I'm new to the forum. User of P3 advanced since end of june.
After update to the latest firmware 1.4.0.0.10 (with correct file for advanced model)  I got camera view only in movie mode. No view in still mode.
After reboot the RC and P3 there is no video feedback at all. I can tilt the camera but there is "no signal" info on DJI Go. After 15-20 seconds the gimball goes off.
Another "funny" behaviour when app starts and connects to P3 - informs me that there is a P3 Professional on other end...strange...The upgrade file were surely correct - so why now RC detects the Prof version ?

The P3 can fly, but there is no video feedback at all.
Any ideas, suggestions? Help please!
greets
Viren
2015-9-25
Use props
DarthDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42818 ft
  • >>>
Australia

God bless America, God save the Queen and Thanks God for sploodge!!!!
Thanks mate for the time and effort in this post. You area a legend!
2015-10-3
Use props
jjejfjf
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-10-3
Use props
dewulf.harry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86348 ft
Belgium

great info, just one question: why format sd card?
2015-10-4
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

dewulf.harry Posted at 2015-10-4 09:24
great info, just one question: why format sd card?

It's not necessary. Deleting everything from the memory card works just as well.
2015-10-4
Use props
petebike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4705 ft
Colombia

EVERYTHING WORKS WELL. PHANTOM not crashed
INJURY UPDATE MY PHANTOM 1.4.0010
I HAVE CAMERA, NO GIMBAL, NO SIGNAL, DO NOT CONNECT.
DD DD DD DD ONLY VERY STRONG
CAN YOU HELP ME ??
2015-10-5
Use props
satish_r3m0_dus
lvl.1
Indonesia

Been a while since i flew my P3P.
hey guys, i have one issue ;
My remote control's Led is not changing into blue color during the upgrade process ( upgrade from to 1.2.x to 1.3.2 ) . it stays in red & beeps for few minutes ,thn all of a sudden it turned off.
My P3P is currently running latest firmware(1.4.) , but my remote control is still running the lower version ( 1.2.x ).
does anyone experience the same thing ? if yes, please do provide me the problem solving method.
all i want to do is to match my P3P's FW with the controller's FW.
thanks guys.

Note : i have tried to follow the steps provided in this forum / FW manual few times.
2015-10-7
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

satish_r3m0_dus Posted at 2015-10-7 09:38
Been a while since i flew my P3P.
hey guys, i have one issue ;
My remote control's Led is not chan ...

Try "reinstalling" the RC firmware method..

2015-10-7
Use props
satish_r3m0_dus
lvl.1
Indonesia

sploodge Posted at 2015-10-7 15:50
Try "reinstalling" the RC firmware method..

Tried it just now bro, when i released those keys n went to check out the overall status, i found :
Current version of RC firmware does not support in-app firmware upgrading , please upload to version v1.3.20 through usb first.
Did i miss anything ?

thx u very much for the reply bro, i do really appreciate it.
Note :

Problem solved bro.
i changed the usb , and it worked properly.
IMG_2605.JPG
2015-10-7
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-10-4 09:45
It's not necessary. Deleting everything from the memory card works just as well.

Actually, I have had a couple of times that (after deleting files on the card on my iMac 5k) when I have gone to take a still or video (now I always take one before lift off) it states that card is full. I format the card and it is good to go. One time after that occurred I put the card in the card reader on the iMac and it showed no files but showed it was full. So, I always check the capacity in the app before flying and take a test shot. Just say'n.
2015-10-7
Use props
DeeperImage
New

United States

Hi everyone, picked up my DJI P3P about a 2 weeks ago and did the update and have (knocks on wood) flown successfully  a few times since the update.  

App: 2.3.0
Aircraft: 1.4.10
RC: 1.3.20

As someone asked in this thread earlier, how do I access all the new features?  Or am I reading that they were pulled correctly?   No matter what I do, I can't access the new features.  I'm positive that I am just doing something wrong. Thanks for your help!
2015-10-8
Use props
ctaggart84
New

United Kingdom

It's nice to see theres people willing to put the time and effort into helping others in this way. i only got my phantom about 4 days ago and had 2 flights only about 80ft up, seeing some of the stories makes me think should i tie some fishing wire to it for extra safety of flyaways jokes aside, i followed the  advice here and all is now updated, thanks again for putting the time into the post
2015-10-19
Use props
josephspurlock
New

United States

I tried updating my firmware, but something happened and it didn't work.  Now when I turn it on,  it just beeps the loudest beeping you've ever heard.  It doesn't stop.  Here's what the text file says:

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin

What shoudl I do?
2015-10-21
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

josephspurlock Posted at 2015-10-22 01:30
I tried updating my firmware, but something happened and it didn't work.  Now when I turn it on,  it ...

Try just powering it p again with the firmware on the SD card ( delete the logs first ) and leaving it to do its noise, it SHOULD stop doing the lout beep after about 10 minutes and continue its normal firmware update.

Look at the little light on the front of the gimbal for its status..

FLASHING RED and GREEN then its updatingSOLID RED then its failed.
SOLID GREEN its completed sucesfully.
2015-10-21
Use props
Rain1dog
lvl.3

United States

Rain1dog to easy search this awesome thread
2015-10-22
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for this! Helped a lot. Was on Firmware 1.9 for a long long time due to some issues I saw people having. Finally felt confident enough to get everything updated to the latest. Running great
2015-10-22
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.3
Flight distance : 865177 ft
Singapore

If I have 4 batteries, do I need to do all of that for 4 times?
2015-11-1
Use props
StepanMarzini
New

Czechia

I have a question. I have just bought the Phantom 3 advanced with an extra battery. Does it mean that I will be downloading the 1.4.00.10 firmware twice to the aircraft  (once for the aircraft and the battery and second time for the extra battery) and than download the 1.3.20. firmware to he remote controller? Or do I have to first update everything including batteries to 1.3.20 and that only the batteries and the aircraft upgrade to 1.40.00.10?

Thank you for your advice.

Stepan
2015-11-2
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

thomaskim558@gm Posted at 2015-11-1 19:45
If I have 4 batteries, do I need to do all of that for 4 times?

When firmware on your micro-SD card in the Phantom when you startup the craft with a battery that hasn't been updated yet.   The battery update really takes hardly any time at all and I just got through all 4 of my personal batteries 1 at a time when I'm doing the update.  You could, if you want, just leave the firmware on your micro-SD card and when you use a battery that hasn't been updated yet, it'll go through the update procedure for your battery.

Again, this is VERY quick for just the battery update...it doesn't take 20 minutes like it does for the phantom firmware update.
2015-11-2
Use props
Flight Raptor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

StepanMarzini Posted at 2015-11-2 09:49
I have a question. I have just bought the Phantom 3 advanced with an extra battery. Does it mean tha ...

Although I have felt DJI has been pretty good and straight-forward with what needs to be done for firmware updates, I'm disappointed they made it so confusing with the v1.3.20 and v1.4.0010 packages.....they should have just had all the updates in the new firmware, even if it was the same as v1.3.20 so people didn't have to change their standard update procedure.

I'm prety sure that you can JUST download v1.4.0010 and it will contain what you need for the battery update and the phantom update.

HOWEVER, my suggestion for you, being that yours is brand new and your controller may also need updating is to follow the following procedure:
1) Ensure your battery on your controller and your phantom are fully charged
2) Download the v1.3.20 firmware
     - Update your phantom and battery (this could take 20+ minutes....just LET IT SIT and don't touch for 1/2hr-45mins or so until you hear the completion beeps)
    - Update your controller

3) Re-charge your phantom battery back to 100%
4) Download the v1.4.0010 firmware
     - Update your phantom and battery
2015-11-2
Use props
StepanMarzini
New

Czechia

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-11-2 16:14
Although I have felt DJI has been pretty good and straight-forward with what needs to be done for f ...

thank you very much. I will invest the time into it.
2015-11-2
Use props
karel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1333740 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi sploodge... you allready helpme o  the past...
2015-11-8
Use props
karel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1333740 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Can you tell me if possible what is each device that show on log file ?  This will be much userfull if i have more problems on the future updates. Thanks again
2015-11-8
Use props
stilz
lvl.1

Ghana

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-7 22:01
In the App's "about" section ( screenshot is last firmware, it says RC version now )

Hi sploodge,
I just purchased and received a phantom 3 advanced. the DJI go app asked that i upgrade the RC, camera, aircraft and battery and provided a download link below the prompt. I clicked on it and the application successfully upgraded the RC only to v1.4 leaving all others at v1.1.9.
The problem now is i tried upgrading using the traditional method but by camera seems to be stuck in a restart loop (about every 30 seconds) and does not initiate the upgrade. No log or text files are generated when i attempt to upgrade and i'm totally lost now as to what to do. The DJI Go application gives me the no signal screen with no video feed - just blank.

please help as this is very frustrating. I have attached a video to show you the restart loop

2015-11-10
Use props
Apollos98
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12211 ft
Malaysia

Hi, my Phantom3 pro just arrived yesterday. I have successfully updated the aircraft with the latest firmware v01.04.0010 but failed to do the same for the controller. I tried using the card reader, the thumb drive and, finally, connecting it directly to the drone. All to no avail. All I see is a red light followed by 4 white light. Absolutely no D.D.D.D. And no blue light. It was green with 4 white light when connected to the drone. Any suggestion? Thanks a million.
2015-11-15
Use props
rogerkapsalis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1340610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guys, is there a new focus problem? I see (for the first time) red lines in my shot. I notice in post that those objects are out of focus. Is there a way to get rid of them - is this a new setting for the P3?
Thanks.
2015-11-22
Use props
angelpilot4u
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199826 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Dear Friends, If you have problems with your firmware upload on the P3S you can actually update of refresh your firmware the same way you do on an advanced model or pro through the SD card, The firmware file has been pulled out from the DJI website but I found it here ...

http://jogjasky.com/phantom-3-standard/
2015-11-23
Use props
roger.dixon
New
United States

0100 Posted at 2015-9-8 18:22
With the 1.4 firmware on the card (and in the quad) will it install the 1.3 firmware on the batterie ...

Can you help me? I tried to upgrade the software in my PH3 Advanced from APP 2.4.1, RC 1.2.7 and Firmware 1.2.8 to the file I downloaded from the DJI site, P3S_FW_V01.05.0030 . The drone and batteries seem to have upgraded properly, but I did not get a text file stating "success".

I have downloaded the zip file onto the drone micro card to do the drone update. When I put it in a card reader and insert it in the UBS port on the controller, the controller just shows me a red light on the left and 4 white lights to the right of it. If I leave it on long enough it starts to beep. Thinking perhaps it was the card reader or card (although they seemed to worked fine for the drone update), I downloaded the file again on a different card and used a different card reader, but I get the same thing. Is it me or am I doing something wrong?
2015-11-25
Use props
daniel.teknofix
New
Flight distance : 282297 ft
Sweden

roger.dixon@sky Posted at 2015-11-26 00:03
Can you help me? I tried to upgrade the software in my PH3 Advanced from APP 2.4.1, RC 1.2.7 and F ...

have a bit of the same problem upgraded aircraft and app and now ill cant connect to the remote instructions told me to upgrade app before remote.....
2015-11-29
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

daniel.teknofix Posted at 2015-11-29 10:52
have a bit of the same problem upgraded aircraft and app and now ill cant connect to the remote in ...

Android or IOS? If Android, delete the app and reinstall ( make sure to sync any un-synced flight logs first )
2015-11-29
Use props
daniel.teknofix
New
Sweden

sploodge Posted at 2015-11-29 12:10
Android or IOS? If Android, delete the app and reinstall ( make sure to sync any un-synced flight  ...

Android OS have an Galaxy S5 tried that uninstalled restarted installed dji go again still cant connect to remote just say how to connect
2015-11-29
Use props
josealfredo276
New

United States

I had so many issues when updating my Phantom Professional even when I followed every step. The mistake was on not having a software in my computer that unzipes the file. I updated my RC through my app which is so much easier. My Phantom is now fully updated.!!
2015-12-1
Use props
freddyhfk
lvl.1

Romania

Howdy!
It is another possibility to update  a Phantom 3 PRO without a camera?
(camera and ghimbal destroyed in a crash)
2015-12-5
Use props
Moltinn
New

United States

Great Post,
Simple, Straight forward....
CHEERS!!!

Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.5.0030 (2015.11.25)
2015-12-11
Use props
daniel.teknofix
New
Sweden

Now its up and running again sent the remote to dji and they replaced it
2015-12-19
Use props
dnasun
lvl.1
Ireland

Sorry about to post many areas, but I really need help

Hi there..

Since I did try to update my P3A there is few problems come up, but before was everything perfect:

1 The controller updated succesfuly from usb stick.no problem.

But can not update Aircraft

2 camera is black, there is no image transmission.
3 I get this message : Update aircraf, update camera, update battery.
4 When I put original and formated micro usb in camera gimbal there is no any signs for update process. Only the two front lights are continous red.
So no red or green lights on the front of the gimbal.

I did try all available firmware files :

Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.6.0040
2015-12-22
zip
Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.5.0030
2015-11-25
zip
Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.4.0010
2015-09-07
zip
Phantom 3 Advanced Firmware v1.3.20

5 Can not connect gimbal to pc , no signs for connection. I did try 2 different computer with different ( 7/10 ) operation systems.

Any Ideas ??
2015-12-31
Use props
AnakinFoxe
lvl.1

United States

Is it OK to use Professional's firmware on Advanced?
2016-1-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules