1548 22 2023-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7878520 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Did DJI solve the problem with false stitching in the zenith of a 360 Panorama? The Mini 3 Pro has this problem still, as there is one vertical picture missing.

With taking panos high up with open sky you won't see this error most of the times, but take a 360 panorama picture in a hall, in a church, below tree tops or besides high buildings, then u will see the bug: the zenith is completely crapped and unusable. Real problem also for construction documentation or infrastructure inspections, i.e. below bridges.

If this zenith failure still exists, the Mini 4 pro is for sure no option to me. Can somebody with the mini 4 pro try this please? Thank you in advance.

Samples of the bug from the Mini 3 pro:

DJI_0401.JPG
DJI_0575.JPG
2023-9-30
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Without additional zenith shot this cant be solved & Dji seems to be not willing to change their panorama shooting algorithm even though drone is capable of doing so.
2023-9-30
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Ranjan Posted at 9-30 21:39
Without additional zenith shot this cant be solved & Dji seems to be not willing to change their panorama shooting algorithm even though drone is capable of doing so.

yeah, fully agree. im really annoyed how unwilling DJI is to solve this issue. they are simply not inerested. and as long they dont solve it, i for sure dont buy a new drone having the same issue over and over again. embarrassing.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Nexus. Sorry about the inconvenience. Do you still get the same outcome even after calibrating the gimbal and IMU, formatting the microSD, or refreshing the firmware?
2023-10-1
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 10-1 01:25
Hi, Nexus. Sorry about the inconvenience. Do you still get the same outcome even after calibrating the gimbal and IMU, formatting the microSD, or refreshing the firmware?

@ DJI Tony - Do you want to say that this problem is normaly not present ?

2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Space Dream Posted at 10-1 01:34

Hi, Space Dream. I am aware that this issue happens to numerous drones however we also don't want to assume that every issue is a bug. I want to make sure that we provide an accurate resolution so I asked some questions to confirm if it can be fixed by basic troubleshooting or if he needs to submit a repair request. This issue has already been referred to the related team. Please be assured that we value your feedback. We appreciate your understanding
2023-10-1
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Dude, this bug was reported already several times by lots of users in Mini 3 Pro forum. Also with the way to solve this problem!!!! it must be well known within DJI. its not related to the gimbal or something, its related to the algorithm and proess how pictures are being taken - one vertical shot is missing and is thus creating a hole - and nothing else.
but to answer your question, yes, we get the same result after calibrating the gimbal and IMU, fromatting the microSD or refreshing the firmware. I own my third mini 3 pro now, and all 3 had this issue as well. It*s about time DJI tackles this bug seriously where the core of this bug is!!!

2023-10-1
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Space Dream Posted at 10-1 01:34

looks like he has no idea...
2023-10-1
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I've been wondering whether the new Generative fill in Photoshop will fix this issue even for complex situations where subject matter exists above the drone?
2023-10-1
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Bussty Posted at 10-1 17:35
I've been wondering whether the new Generative fill in Photoshop will fix this issue even for complex situations where subject matter exists above the drone?

even if, it doesnt help when u are for instance doing construction site documentation for clients... they won't love artifical picture content...
2023-10-2
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

Nexus Redux Posted at 10-2 02:23
even if, it doesnt help when u are for instance doing construction site documentation for clients... they won't love artifical picture content...

True also I have just tried to edit a 360 image like I can in Affinity Photo in Live projection mode and it seems photoshop can no longer do this?   
2023-10-2
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

As always on this issue, no useful answer from DJI. This is really embarrassing.
2023-10-25
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Yes. Pls dont ask this question again. Has been raised I dunno how often in this forum, incl Mini 3 Pro. Pls Don't always start from scratch. It's a well known issue within the comminity
2023-12-18
Use props
JoeriHerremans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68566 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Nexus Redux Posted at 2023-12-18 15:55
Yes. Pls dont ask this question again. Has been raised I dunno how often in this forum, incl Mini 3 Pro. Pls Don't always start from scratch. It's a well known issue within the comminity

Can't you act normal?  This is not a mistake, but a mistake of your own, the 2 photos you show, the one outside because you fly so low and the photo is too tight in the frame, the software has no margin to generate a good Zenith, the photo inside is  actually impossible with the mini 3 Pro, other cameras are available for that.  I think you still have a lot to learn about 360 photography.  Stop complaining and go back to the drawing board.  DJI is not at fault in this at all.
2-4 10:03
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

Wtf is your problem, what kind of tone is this. I know a lot about 360 photography, but it seems u didn't get the point here. It's about - as many pilots complained - the missing whole in the zenith. And there is a solution on that, as you could see in a lot of YouTube videos, where it is explained.

And it would be a nice addon, to do exactly those low flight and indoor 360s. And I have other cameras for that. It's not your business to tell others what to do or how capable they are. I do 360s and virtual tours professionally, so just stfu!

I'm flying too low for a 360, lol. There is no too low or high. It's about the zenith hole, u idiot. Really, get lost. A tone like this is not acceptable.
2-4 10:10
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

If you know a lot of 360 photography, why you post examples like above?
JoeriHerremans is right

I've made a few 360s with my M4P, without any problems (zenith hole and so on)
2-4 10:55
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

JoeriHerremans is right

I've made a few 360s with my M4P, without any problems (zenith hole and so on)
2-4 10:55
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

MKmini4 Posted at 2-4 10:55
JoeriHerremans is right

why? cause mini 4 pro and the mini 3 pro wpuld be technically able to close the gap - and for those, who do virtual tours this would mean an addon for virtual tours. if u dont need that, why are u commenting then? search for zenith threads in the mini 4 and mini 3 forum, there u will see why a lot of users ask for the zenith to be closed - even of real technical experts, who show how it woulr be possible to close the gap.

if u dont need that, foine. Others ask for it, cause it would mean a level up for virtual tours.
2-5 00:34
Use props
JoeriHerremans
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Nexus Redux Posted at 2-5 00:34
why? cause mini 4 pro and the mini 3 pro wpuld be technically able to close the gap - and for those, who do virtual tours this would mean an addon for virtual tours. if u dont need that, why are u commenting then? search for zenith threads in the mini 4 and mini 3 forum, there u will see why a lot of users ask for the zenith to be closed - even of real technical experts, who show how it woulr be possible to close the gap.

if u dont need that, foine. Others ask for it, cause it would mean a level up for virtual tours.

You are really a rude person, I don't see the problem at all, I make 360 panoramas for my profession.  I have no problem at all.  The problem lies with the people who know nothing about it.
2-5 04:22
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

JoeriHerremans Posted at 2-5 04:22
You are really a rude person, I don't see the problem at all, I make 360 panoramas for my profession.  I have no problem at all.  The problem lies with the people who know nothing about it.

first, im not a rude person, but if someone like you starts to get being rude on me, thats the feedback he will get. look at your tone in your message, is that nice or what??

second, fine if u do it professionally as well. maybe u start to read and understand again. i would need this ability of the drone for indoor inspections like in churches oder below bridges - and for taht closing the gap would be awesome. period. if u guys doint need that, fine. then why on earth are u commenting this thread then. simply annoying others.
but im fed up to disuss this with ppl with no outcome nor benefit, this is what me and other pilots (already in the mini 3pro section) asked dji for. so if u dont care, fine, then leave it and dont destroy a thread with pointless tips and judgements who is a pro and who has no clue. u dont need a closed gap in the horizon? fine as well. let others raise their issues or recommendations, who might neeed this. otherwise ill do the same in the future with your threads. i hope u got it now. and ill stp here an annoying pointless discussion for nothing.
2-5 04:32
Use props
JoeriHerremans
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Nexus Redux Posted at 2-5 04:32
first, im not a rude person, but if someone like you starts to get being rude on me, thats the feedback he will get. look at your tone in your message, is that nice or what??

second, fine if u do it professionally as well. maybe u start to read and understand again. i would need this ability of the drone for indoor inspections like in churches oder below bridges - and for taht closing the gap would be awesome. period. if u guys doint need that, fine. then why on earth are u commenting this thread then. simply annoying others.

It's okay, apparently you like to have the last word.  Maybe DJI is just not for you, then just buy a Parrot drone and your problem will be solved.
2-5 04:45
Use props
Nexus Redux
lvl.4
  • >>>
Austria

JoeriHerremans Posted at 2-5 04:45
It's okay, apparently you like to have the last word.  Maybe DJI is just not for you, then just buy a Parrot drone and your problem will be solved.

and again derogative language by you. and again telling others what to do, u so called expert. and you call others being rude. lol. and i can see who really needs the last word. dude, leave me alone and stop destryoiung this thread or honestly ill do it in the future with every thread of yours - your choice!!! GET LOST!
its really time now for ignore function here
2-5 04:48
Use props
JoeriHerremans
lvl.4
  • >>>
Belgium

Nexus Redux Posted at 2-5 04:48
and again derogative language by you. and again telling others what to do, u so called expert. and you call others being rude. lol. and i can see who really needs the last word. dude, leave me alone and stop destryoiung this thread or honestly ill do it in the future with every thread of yours - your choice!!! GET LOST!
its really time now for ignore function here

You could perhaps apply for a job at DJI and then tell them how everything should be done.  If I read all your messages, there is not much good for you about the Dji Mini 4 Pro.
2-5 04:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules