Can you use the RC controller of the Mini 3 pro for the Mini 4 soon?
5455 22 2023-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronaldmavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182762 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I own a Mini 3 pro with RC controller and am considering purchasing the Mini 4 with it. However, it would be of great value to me to be able to use my RC controller for the Mini 4 as well. Now I can also control my Mavic 3 classic with it and that is super nice. My question: will this change with firmware?
2023-9-30
Use props
djiuser_nBUWCyOufnhG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814045 ft
Turkey

No you can't. RC controller doesn't support OcuSync 4.0
2023-9-30
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Unfortunately, this is not possible and Mini 4 Pro can not be purchased alone until now
2023-9-30
Use props
ronaldmavic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

But if I could fly the Mini 4 with Ocusync 3.0 that was fine too anyway, nothing wrong with that. Hope DJI can still give that release.
2023-9-30
Use props
A1C
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40909 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI, now that there are at least two aircraft that support the RC2 (Mini 4 and Air 3), will you make either one available without a controller?  I would like to get the Air 3 at some point, but I don't want another RC2 controller.
2023-9-30
Use props
ronaldmavic
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

No I just don't want to buy something new every time when the old one is just on the market and already some new one is coming. It was so nice that you could fly multiple types of drones with the same controller. Now you are forced to buy a new controller every time. I already have two RC controllers and that had to be enough for once. The RC was already a fine controller, let it be that way for once.
2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC and the Mini 4 Pro are not compatible at the moment. We can't provide relevant information yet about the future plans for the Mini 4 Pro and RC Pro but rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-9-30
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 9-30 22:05
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. The DJI RC and the Mini 4 Pro are not compatible at the moment. We can't provide relevant information yet about the future plans for the Mini 4 Pro and RC Pro but rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Maybe develop a new RC2 Pro that supports all protocols ...

Offers more brightness and is not as expensive as the RC Pro ?

2023-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Space Dream Posted at 9-30 22:11
Maybe develop a new RC2 Pro that supports all protocols ...

Offers more brightness and is not as expensive as the RC Pro ?

Thank you for the feedback. I will also get that forwarded to the related team. We appreciate your patience.
2023-9-30
Use props
Gerry Ings7
New

Canada

This is a Complete Joke !! well i guess i will never be upgrading my Drone for that matter will prob be the last time i get anything DJI
2023-10-9
Use props
raph_london
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258622 ft
  • >>>
France

I purchased the RC Pro, as did many others, expecting a high-performance, future-proof remote control. It's puzzling why such a premium-priced remote wouldn't be compatible with upcoming drone generations. Before launching a new drone, ensuring its compatibility with this remote seems essential. Otherwise, potential buyers may be hesitant to make such a significant investment for just a year or two of use. I had hoped DJI would have foreseen this. I kindly request an update soon.
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

raph_london Posted at 10-23 12:50
I purchased the RC Pro, as did many others, expecting a high-performance, future-proof remote control. It's puzzling why such a premium-priced remote wouldn't be compatible with upcoming drone generations. Before launching a new drone, ensuring its compatibility with this remote seems essential. Otherwise, potential buyers may be hesitant to make such a significant investment for just a year or two of use. I had hoped DJI would have foreseen this. I kindly request an update soon.

Hi, Raph. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-10-23
Use props
slawson123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38993 ft
United States

It really gets me to thinking about in the future purchasing a different brand if you have to spend so much money each time for a new remote.  I have 3 Dji drones and 3 different remotes to operate all of them.
2023-11-28
Use props
slawson123
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38993 ft
United States

It really gets me to thinking about in the future purchasing a different brand if you have to spend so much money each time for a new remote.  I have 3 Dji drones and 3 different remotes to operate all of them.
2023-11-28
Use props
Hoarfrost
lvl.4
Flight distance : 705974 ft
Canada

slawson123 Posted at 11-28 10:51

Haha - yes it's brutal. I have 4 drones and they all have different controllers - an M3P with an RC, a Mavic 3 with an RC-N1, a Mavic 3 Enterprise with an RC Pro and a Matrice M30 with an RC +.

The controllers were often custom made to match the missions of the aircraft that use them - which can be limiting.

Every time DJI improves the digital link protocols to improve range, reduce noise and use upgraded algorithms to separate signal to noise, they don't seem to build-in backwards compatibility - perhaps because it would mean literally building two controller RF radios and putting them in one case.

I don't know what brands would be better - it would be good to see some competition here but I'm afraid there just isn't the drive to do this in this area.

We face similar issues with other kinds of electronic equipment - your older 3G phones no longer work in 4G and 5G environments. Your Windows 7 computers won't run Windows 11. 32 bit programs won't run in 64 bit operating systems that are everywhere now.

Take a look at your computer storage. We have updates to memory, SSD buses every couple of years and the older equipment becomes obsolete very quickly.

Sometimes progress comes at a cost - and we may embrace the improvements, but the loss of cross-functionality or support for legacy equipment can be sobering - especially when there's nothing wrong with the older equipment.
2023-11-28
Use props
djiuser_VuMisGHqKuWp
New

Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 9-30 22:05

Hi there,
I bought DJI Mini r Pro with RC Pro. It is quite disappointing that I can not and will not upgrade to Mini 4 Pro because I can not use RC Pro with it. I spent aprox $1,500 AUD for RC Pro and now not able to use it with new drone??? I am speechless....

Mile` S.
2023-12-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_VuMisGHqKuWp Posted at 12-10 22:18
Hi there,
I bought DJI Mini r Pro with RC Pro. It is quite disappointing that I can not and will not upgrade to Mini 4 Pro because I can not use RC Pro with it. I spent aprox $1,500 AUD for RC Pro and now not able to use it with new drone??? I am speechless....

Hi. We understand where you are coming from. The RC Pro is currently not compatible with the Mini 4 Pro, however, it is compatible with a lot of other DJI aircraft. Rest assured your feedback will reach the related team for awareness. We appreciate your patience.
2023-12-11
Use props
wsteeleNYC
lvl.1
United States

My question is will it be possible in the future for the RC2 to work with the Mini 3 pro.  I understand at the moment it isn't, but it would be useful to know if it is even possible.  If the architectures will never be compatible it would help some of us to know now instead of just waiting around hoping for compatibility.
2023-12-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

wsteeleNYC Posted at 12-11 14:09
My question is will it be possible in the future for the RC2 to work with the Mini 3 pro.  I understand at the moment it isn't, but it would be useful to know if it is even possible.  If the architectures will never be compatible it would help some of us to know now instead of just waiting around hoping for compatibility.

Hi there. As much as we want to provide you the information however, we don't have any relevant updates if the DJI RC 2 will be compatible with the DJI Mini 3 Pro. We recommend you to subscribe to our official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-12-13
Use props
wsteeleNYC
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-13 02:35
Hi there. As much as we want to provide you the information however, we don't have any relevant updates if the DJI RC 2 will be compatible with the DJI Mini 3 Pro. We recommend you to subscribe to our official website for the latest news and updates. Thank you for your understanding.

I really hate useless boilerplate answers.  There is an engineer at DJI that without a doubt has the answer to my question.
2023-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

wsteeleNYC Posted at 12-25 00:08
I really hate useless boilerplate answers.  There is an engineer at DJI that without a doubt has the answer to my question.

Hello. I understand that the response did not meet the demand in this situation. Although some requests/suggestions may be difficult for us to implement in reality, please know that all suggestions are important to us, and we would like to assist all users to be heard by forwarding this to our designated team as DJI is open to any suggestions for improvement. Lastly, it is clear that several requests were previously added to our product which users have been enjoying till today. Hoping for your understanding and support. I hope you have a wonderful day ahead.
2023-12-27
Use props
fans6f8b7994
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483238 ft
Iran

I bought Spark with control, I bought Avata with control and pack, I bought Mini 3 Pro with full pack, plus other products like Osmo 5 and microphone and action camera.  This is too much for me to buy the Mini 4 Pro with the pack.  While in my country we hardly use heli shot.  Believe me, there is no more room in my room.  Please find a way to connect the mini 3 remote to the mini 4 so that I can buy the mini 4 pro as well.  And I would be happy if you pay some attention to the recycling rules.  Thank you for everything.
1-15 18:38
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans6f8b7994 Posted at 1-15 18:38
I bought Spark with control, I bought Avata with control and pack, I bought Mini 3 Pro with full pack, plus other products like Osmo 5 and microphone and action camera.  This is too much for me to buy the Mini 4 Pro with the pack.  While in my country we hardly use heli shot.  Believe me, there is no more room in my room.  Please find a way to connect the mini 3 remote to the mini 4 so that I can buy the mini 4 pro as well.  And I would be happy if you pay some attention to the recycling rules.  Thank you for everything.

We understand the importance of this request. We will continue forwarding your requests to the relevant team for awareness. Please rest assured all your feedback is well noted. Thank you for your valued support.
1-15 20:45
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules