FPV CRASH
410 13 2023-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wild FPV
Second Officer

Croatia

Hey guys, I'll be back real soon to bring y'all some more amazing wilderness footage.
Just temporarily Inoperable

2023-10-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Oh darn!  Was it difficult to retrieve the wreckage?
2023-10-1
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Bad luck! DJI fpv? I guess it'll be dead if you could get it at all.
2023-10-1
Use props
Wild FPV
Second Officer

Croatia

Depp Posted at 10-1 22:08
Bad luck! DJI fpv? I guess it'll be dead if you could get it at all.

Yes, DJI.
I managed to track it down in just 20-30 minutes, and the Goggles footage really came in handy. Unfortunately, the right front motor is toast, but the good news is that everything else is in pristine condition, including the GoPro that was strapped to it.

Right now, it's chilling at the service center, and I'm anticipating its return in about 2-3 weeks. The bill for the repair is looking like it'll be around 220 euros.
2023-10-1
Use props
Wild FPV
Second Officer

Croatia

Blériot53 Posted at 10-1 12:29
Oh darn!  Was it difficult to retrieve the wreckage?

You got it spot on!
Honestly, the toughest part of the whole ordeal was navigating through that rocky terrain, dealing with the sweltering heat and humidity, and scrambling over those rocks to hunt it down.
But, thanks to the Goggles footage, I managed to pinpoint its location.
Surprisingly, the real challenge was locating the battery, which ate up a good chunk of my time because I was seriously worried about it overheating in the blazing heat and potentially sparking a fire. Luckily, I struck gold and found everything.
I wasn't too bummed about the drone crash, though, since there was no collateral damage, and I'm mentally prepared for the occasional drone mishap.
That's why I fly in the wilderness...
2023-10-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wild FPV Posted at 10-1 22:31
You got it spot on!
Honestly, the toughest part of the whole ordeal was navigating through that rocky terrain, dealing with the sweltering heat and humidity, and scrambling over those rocks to hunt it down.
But, thanks to the Goggles footage, I managed to pinpoint its location.

At least you've proved one thing - the Find My Drone  feature works
2023-10-1
Use props
Wild FPV
Second Officer

Croatia

Blériot53 Posted at 10-1 22:33
At least you've proved one thing - the Find My Drone  feature works

Absolutely true!
It's a real game-changer, no doubt. Even with this option, it's a bit like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but without it, it'd be more like hunting for a needle in the vast ocean.
2023-10-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wild FPV Posted at 10-1 22:39
Absolutely true!
It's a real game-changer, no doubt. Even with this option, it's a bit like trying to find a needle in a haystack, but without it, it'd be more like hunting for a needle in the vast ocean.

2023-10-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

whoa, that was unlucky.  
2023-10-2
Use props
Wild FPV
Second Officer

Croatia

DAFlys Posted at 10-2 01:29
whoa, that was unlucky.

It's not really a case of bad luck, but more of a slip-up on my part.
Right before that flight, I decided to tinker with the camera settings on my Goggles. I cranked up the colors and dialed down the contrast, something I hadn't done in a whole year.
Turns out, the extra vibrant colors made the tree in front of the fateful one blend right in with it.
The footage you're seeing is from a GoPro camera, where the contrast is way higher, but on the Goggles, it's all about low contrast and super vivid colors.
That's part of what contributed to this mishap, but the biggest factor here was my own lack of attention and not keeping an eye on the terrain layout.
2023-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch, and that flight was going so well up until that point.  Glad you were able to retrieve the FPV.  Hopefully, it will fly like new when you get it back from the service center and we'll get to see some more of you making those videos with the exhilarating footage.  
2023-10-2
Use props
Wild FPV
Second Officer

Croatia

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-2 03:39
Ouch, and that flight was going so well up until that point.  Glad you were able to retrieve the FPV.  Hopefully, it will fly like new when you get it back from the service center and we'll get to see some more of you making those videos with the exhilarating footage.

Hey there!
Thanks a bunch for checking out the video and leaving such a cool comment!
Yeah, that little hiccup in the flight was a bummer, but we're all about those thrilling ups and downs, right?
Super stoked I managed to rescue the FPV, and you bet I can't wait to get it back from the service center.
Thanks again for the support!
2023-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wild FPV Posted at 10-2 09:21
Hey there!
Thanks a bunch for checking out the video and leaving such a cool comment!
Yeah, that little hiccup in the flight was a bummer, but we're all about those thrilling ups and downs, right?  

You're very welcome.  No doubt you'll have a big smile on your face when you get the drone back.  
2023-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lovely footage. But. Yeah, hope you have it back by now!
2023-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules