DJI RC 2 works with external USB C touchscreen
2813 10 2023-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VisioAer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115696 ft
Netherlands

Well this is pretty cool and wanted to share it.
The DJI RC 2 works with an external USB C touchscreen!

The monitor is powered by the DJI RC 2. through the monitor it is also possible to power the DJI RC 2, just tested it today:
https://youtube.com/shorts/qo7Zyub2pbU

I’m using the Lenovo ThinkVision M14t here, which is a bit expensive, cheaper would be the Lenovo ThinkVison M15, which is bigger, but it is without touchscreen.
2023-10-1
Use props
VisioAer
lvl.2
Netherlands

I’m hoping that DJI makes the DJ RC 2 compatible with the DJI Mavic 3, seems to me, looking at the specs, that they just need to update the firmware of the controller to make it work with O3+
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you for sharing this with us. We will gather this feedback of yours about the DJI RC 2 compatibility and forward it to our relevant team for future consideration. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-1
Use props
VisioAer
lvl.2
Netherlands

Thank you for making the relevant team aware to consider this compatibility (if technically possible)
2023-10-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice find and thanks for sharing.  
2023-10-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great find!  Thank you!!!
2023-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Interesting find!
2023-11-25
Use props
djiuser_WXATy4R2hj1X
New

United States

Would there be any way to use the USB to mirror the screen to a phone while flying? (Just so my spouse can see what I'm seeing mainly)
2023-12-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_WXATy4R2hj1X Posted at 12-5 15:33
Would there be any way to use the USB to mirror the screen to a phone while flying? (Just so my spouse can see what I'm seeing mainly)

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. May I know what remote are you using? Thank you very much.
2023-12-6
Use props
Spaceflight-1
lvl.1

United States

As shared previously per VisioAer, the RC 2 remote does work with external portable screens like the Dell C1442H. The portable screen may not power on simply following connection to the RC 2 via the USB-C port. HOWEVER, If it is connected to a power source through the alternate USB-C port, it will stay powered even after it's disconnected from said power source. This was also tested on the ThinkVision M14. Somehow. The screens need a sort of a defibrilation to open an internal power bridge. Works for me. Now I can use a 6ft cable to allow a secondary viewer to enjoy my Mini 4 Pro lens. Cheers.
2-7 19:25
Use props
StudioDSL
New

Netherlands

Nice! I was looking into this as well! This is so useful for setting waypoint missions and not having to use the small screen with fat fingers
2-11 15:20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules