IOS Mimo app updated. Now can't stream to custom RTMP
651 13 2023-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

All my IOS devices recently automatically updated the mimo app and now I can't stream to my custom RTMP.
I am using the pocket 2 and it has always been very reliable.
The stream will connect and data will be received but the stream can not be viewed.
I have tried with OBS on the laptop to the same rtmp and it works fine as does connecting with my gopro which in the past has not been reliable.
I thought my older phone which Managed to avoid the recent mimo update may have woked with the old version but it won't work either.
Any help would be good.
Doug     
2023-10-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, may I ask if the image transmission on the Mimo app is normal? Did you try to test with other livestreaming platforms to see if it works?
2023-10-2
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-2 00:00
Hi there, may I ask if the image transmission on the Mimo app is normal? Did you try to test with other livestreaming platforms to see if it works?

Yes, I can stream to my youtube rtmp fine and to the custom rtmp on a private server with all other methods apart from dji.
The data is being sent but there is no stream to watch. Just says stream waiting to begin.
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Superior Videos Posted at 10-2 00:13
Yes, I can stream to my youtube rtmp fine and to the custom rtmp on a private server with all other methods apart from dji.
The data is being sent but there is no stream to watch. Just says stream waiting to begin.

Could you please provide us with a video showing the whole process and tell us the current firmware version? You can upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post the link here.
2023-10-2
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-2 01:19
Could you please provide us with a video showing the whole process and tell us the current firmware version? You can upload the video to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post the link here.

I don't think I need to go that far.
My process hasn't changed over the past 2 years.
I select my wifi source, put the rtmp details in, 1080, and start streaming.
The camera connects and starts streaming but doesn't play.
I am going to have another url and stream key created to see if that helps.
I am wondering why so many changes were made to the app when it has been so reliable for so long.
The switch option has been removed from the wifi connection so you don't really see when it has connected.
Something to get used to I guess.
2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Superior Videos Posted at 10-2 01:31
I don't think I need to go that far.
My process hasn't changed over the past 2 years.
I select my wifi source, put the rtmp details in, 1080, and start streaming.

Okay, we will wait for your test result. Looking forward to your update.
2023-10-3
Use props
Superior Videos
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-3 01:57
Okay, we will wait for your test result. Looking forward to your update.

All sorted.
It was a small error in the stream key.
I usually have a separate device for different keys and I had to change one which started the problem.
It would be good at some point to allow for different profiles in the app similar to OBS so you can just click between different keys.
Thanks for your interest.
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Superior Videos Posted at 10-3 20:02
All sorted.
It was a small error in the stream key.
I usually have a separate device for different keys and I had to change one which started the problem.

Glad to hear the issue is solved. If you have any further need, please feel free to let us know. We are always here to help!
2023-10-3
Use props
EnjoyUrLifeTV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122375 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 10-3 23:34
Glad to hear the issue is solved. If you have any further need, please feel free to let us know. We are always here to help!

„Always here to help“

Your colleagues on Twitter said the same - how come that the RTMP streaming issues with the Osmo Action 4 still exist 9 weeks or so after release even tho they have been communicated over and over by multiple users on multiple platforms right from the start? The feed keeps freezing briefly several times per minute. Absolutely unusable!!
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

EnjoyUrLifeTV Posted at 10-6 10:15
„Always here to help“

Your colleagues on Twitter said the same - how come that the RTMP streaming issues with the Osmo Action 4 still exist 9 weeks or so after release even tho they have been communicated over and over by multiple users on multiple platforms right from the start? The feed keeps freezing briefly several times per minute. Absolutely unusable!!

Thank you for your feedback. Our engineers team have located this problem already and will release new firmware optimizations in the future. Please rest assured.
Currently it is recommended that you could temporarily switch to the 5.8G frequency band while ensuring a stable network environment, or reduce the live streaming bit rate and use 720p for live streaming. Thank you for your understanding and support. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-6
Use props
EnjoyUrLifeTV
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 10-6 18:58
Thank you for your feedback. Our engineers team have located this problem already and will release new firmware optimizations in the future. Please rest assured.
Currently it is recommended that you could temporarily switch to the 5.8G frequency band while ensuring a stable network environment, or reduce the live streaming bit rate and use 720p for live streaming. Thank you for your understanding and support. Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for your reply Thor. I read in another thread this has now been fixed with an update - can you confirm pls?
2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

EnjoyUrLifeTV Posted at 10-18 18:35
Thanks for your reply Thor. I read in another thread this has now been fixed with an update - can you confirm pls?

Hello there, as per the engineers, the new firmware released yesterday optimized the live streaming issue you experienced, please update the Osmo Action 4 and try again. Thank you.
2023-10-18
Use props
EnjoyUrLifeTV
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 10-18 22:41
Hello there, as per the engineers, the new firmware released yesterday optimized the live streaming issue you experienced, please update the Osmo Action 4 and try again. Thank you.

Great news, about time! Thanks
2023-10-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

EnjoyUrLifeTV Posted at 10-19 15:52
Great news, about time! Thanks

Thank you for your understanding and support. Please let us know if you have any questions.
2023-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules