2141 8 2023-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kumharas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187083 ft
France

Hello,

I just uptated my MA 2 drone with latest firmware and dji fly app as well. Bur nothing about Remote ID appears in settings (checklist,  SN...).
I understood that it was supposed to be supported with latest firmware.

Any idea what could be the issue ?
Thanks

2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm what specific firmware version are you using on your DJI Mavic Air 2? In addition, please make sure that you are also using the latest version of the DJI Fly app. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-10-2
Use props
Kumharas
lvl.1
France

Hi,
Firmware version is 01.01.1600 and Dji fly version is 1.12.0.
Thanks
2023-10-2
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
China

Kumharas Posted at 10-2 23:13
Hi,
Thanks

FAA Remote ID is automatically activated only in the US, your location shows you in France, which may be why you don't see the RID.
2023-10-6
Use props
Kumharas
lvl.1
France

DKGPST Posted at 10-6 18:50
FAA Remote ID is automatically activated only in the US, your location shows you in France, which may be why you don't see the RID.

Okay thanks, I need to be sure with that point as I'll go to the USA within a week. Has DJI published something about that ?
And how can I find out RID number ? I need it to register my drone on FAA now.
Thank you very much for your help.
2023-10-9
Use props
DKGPST
lvl.2
China

Kumharas Posted at 10-9 06:14
Okay thanks, I need to be sure with that point as I'll go to the USA within a week. Has DJI published something about that ?
And how can I find out RID number ? I need it to register my drone on FAA now.
Thank you very much for your help.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-277548-1-1.html
2023-10-10
Use props
Kumharas
lvl.1
France

Okay thanks, this clear.
So I have a last question : is there a way to find out RID of my drone so that I can register it before I go to the USA ? I would not have any trouble entering USA with an unregistered drone wile it's mandatory.  
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kumharas Posted at 10-2 23:13
Hi,
Thanks

Hi there. Sorry for the late response. The Remote ID is only applicable to drones operating in US airspace. You may coordinate with your local aviation authorities to have the laws in your area to avoid any issues. If you are trying to bring a drone from outside the US and fly within the US airspace, the drone will broadcast the FAA Remote ID as long as you update to the most latest firmware once you arrive. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2023-10-17
Use props
kahixa
lvl.1

Germany

Keep in mind that the implementation of Remote ID may vary by region, and it's essential to stay informed about the specific requirements and updates in your area. Since regulations and technology can change, it's important to rely on the most current and official sources for information regarding Remote ID for your drone.
2023-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules