432 3 2023-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
huba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 499219 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it true that you now need cell phone service to fly an Avata?
If so can I return this product?
That makes it virtually useless.

2023-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Huba. Sorry about the inconvenience. Having an internet service on your mobile device is not necessary to fly your DJI Avata. However, an internet connection will be needed when logging in to your DJI Fly app to download offline maps and update your firmware and DJI flight safe database. If you are using the Goggles 2 or Goggles V2 you need a phone connected to fly your Avata because it needs your phone's GPS capability to support Remote ID requirements. But if you have the Goggles Integra, You don't need a phone connected since it already has a built-in GPS module. Please reach back if you need further assistance. Have a great day ahead.
2023-10-3
Use props
fansdda24b88
New

United States

Hi Tony,
I’m still getting a Remote ID error even though everything is updated.
Will not let me fly.
2023-10-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansdda24b88 Posted at 10-3 05:18
Hi Tony,
I’m still getting a Remote ID error even though everything is updated.
Will not let me fly.

Hello, DJI Avata/DJI FPV now supports the Remote ID function in the US. For DJI Avata/DJI FPV, before flying in the current area, you are advised to connect your mobile phone to the goggles, please make sure the firmware version and app version have been updated to the latest. For mobile devices, it should allow the DJI Fly to obtain the location information and also needs to ensure that the DJI Fly app runs in the foreground. If you do not connect your mobile phone, you will not be able to take off (DJI Goggles Integra does not need to connect to a mobile device as it is with an internal GPS module). Please connect it before using the aircraft. Thank you for your understanding. Thank you for your understanding.
2023-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules