Nice view of an auspicious occasion
2023-10-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Those little tables for the planes are a fun shape.    Never seen them like that before.  
2023-10-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting shot.    Looks like the weather cooperated for the birthday event.  
2023-10-3
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5092024 ft
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-2 22:52
Nice view of an auspicious occasion

Thank You .
2023-10-3
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-3 02:56
Interesting shot.    Looks like the weather cooperated for the birthday event.

It did. Thank You.
2023-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you a long-term member of the group?
2023-10-3
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 04:05
Are you a long-term member of the group?

25 years ago I was President. I used to take my kids there every weekend while I flew. I thought they would love it, but they had no interest so I stopped for about 15 years. Drones brought me back. Now I am trying to get them to embrace drone pilots. They accept them but don't welcome them. Their numbers are dwindling and they need to embrace the future. I am an AMA member and a club member. I use the field to practice things I wouldn't do in public.
2023-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-3 04:12
25 years ago I was President. I used to take my kids there every weekend while I flew. I thought they would love it, but they had no interest so I stopped for about 15 years. Drones brought me back. Now I am trying to get them to embrace drone pilots. They accept them but don't welcome them. Their numbers are dwindling and they need to embrace the future. I am an AMA member and a club member. I use the field to practice things I wouldn't do in public.

None of my family - down to adult grandchildren - have shown any great interest in my drone activites.
So i'll have no-one to leave my drones to when I peg out
2023-10-3
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 04:19
None of my family - down to adult grandchildren - have shown any great interest in my drone activites.
So i'll have no-one to leave my drones to when I peg out

Same here. Now my kids are grown so I can enjoy my hobbies again. Just wish I could get the wife to accompany me so I could fly more.
2023-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-3 04:21
Same here. Now my kids are grown so I can enjoy my hobbies again. Just wish I could get the wife to accompany me so I could fly more.

I hear you there. Whenever I take a drone along on one of our excursions, I get the eye-rolling treatment
2023-10-3
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 10-3 04:24
I hear you there. Whenever I take a drone along on one of our excursions, I get the eye-rolling treatment

The funny thing about airplane pilots is that they think we are inconveniencing them. I had a guy ask me when I would be finished while rolling his eyes. I explained that I would land on the table I was standing by. Most of them just don't understand the capabilities of our drones. Sunday a long time pilot lost his $4,000 airplane in the woods. I found it in 15 minutes, and gained a new fan.
2023-10-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-3 04:34
The funny thing about airplane pilots is that they think we are inconveniencing them. I had a guy ask me when I would be finished while rolling his eyes. I explained that I would land on the table I was standing by. Most of them just don't understand the capabilities of our drones. Sunday a long time pilot lost his $4,000 airplane in the woods. I found it in 15 minutes, and gained a new fan.

I'm sure there's plenty of room in the skies for both camps. But I don't have any experience of model aircraft flying.  You would think that they would all embrace the new technology..
2023-10-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

You're very welcome.  I wish the winds would ease up a bit here but at least it has cooled down a bit.  
2023-10-3
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-3 12:53
You're very welcome.  I wish the winds would ease up a bit here but at least it has cooled down a bit.

We have to go with what we have.
2023-10-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-3 16:20
We have to go with what we have.

Indeed we do.  Today the weather is calling for no rain and only light winds.  Go figure it turns out to be a nice fly day when I have an all day dive trip lined up.  
2023-10-4
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-4 03:09
Indeed we do.  Today the weather is calling for no rain and only light winds.  Go figure it turns out to be a nice fly day when I have an all day dive trip lined up.

Take the Drone on the Boat
2023-10-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-4 04:55
Take the Drone on the Boat

Would love to do that.  However, the exact location of the dive is closely guarded so we weren't allowed to take anything with GPS on it (drones, phones, cameras, etc.).  I went with a team of pro divers and they will eventually open the dive site once they have "cleared" the entire area of any treasures.  So I was below decks on the trip out and back.  
2023-10-4
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-4 13:36
Would love to do that.  However, the exact location of the dive is closely guarded so we weren't allowed to take anything with GPS on it (drones, phones, cameras, etc.).  I went with a team of pro divers and they will eventually open the dive site once they have "cleared" the entire area of any treasures.  So I was below decks on the trip out and back.

I never went on a dive like that.
2023-10-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-4 18:12
I never went on a dive like that.

First time for me to go to a secret dive location.  However, to go along I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement and abide by their rules.  
2023-10-5
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 02:34
First time for me to go to a secret dive location.  However, to go along I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement and abide by their rules.

Adds a bit of intrigue.
2023-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-5 03:10
Adds a bit of intrigue.

It certainly did.  I got an invite from one of them to do a cave dive but I politely declined.  I did one cave dive and that was enough for me.  I'm just to risk averse for cave diving.  Too many things can go wrong too quickly.  I much prefer the open ocean or even a lake.  
2023-10-5
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 03:21
It certainly did.  I got an invite from one of them to do a cave dive but I politely declined.  I did one cave dive and that was enough for me.  I'm just to risk averse for cave diving.  Too many things can go wrong too quickly.  I much prefer the open ocean or even a lake.

I did about 30 wreck dives in my time and some of them can get pretty claustrophobic. Caves are much worse. There is a thrill and an element of danger that keeps the addiction going.
2023-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-5 03:38
I did about 30 wreck dives in my time and some of them can get pretty claustrophobic. Caves are much worse. There is a thrill and an element of danger that keeps the addiction going.

Okay, so you know really well what I'm talking about in cave diving. Total darkness and tight spaces is just not my thing.   
2023-10-5
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-5 10:36
Okay, so you know really well what I'm talking about in cave diving. Total darkness and tight spaces is just not my thing.

With your tank hitting the to of the cave and your stomach scrapping the bottom. Yes.
2023-10-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-5 15:16
With your tank hitting the to of the cave and your stomach scrapping the bottom. Yes.

Reading that and thinking back to my cave dive gives me the chills.  What the heck was I thinking about when I did that.  
2023-10-6
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-6 11:28
Reading that and thinking back to my cave dive gives me the chills.  What the heck was I thinking about when I did that.

I just got rid of my dive stuff. I have kids and a wife to think about now. I did some silly things years ago. I am happy I did it but i'm a little more cautious at 61.
2023-10-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-6 11:33
I just got rid of my dive stuff. I have kids and a wife to think about now. I did some silly things years ago. I am happy I did it but i'm a little more cautious at 61.

Unfortunately, over the years I've just gotten more and more into scuba diving.  I try to be super safe but I enjoy diving and seeing all the marine life underwater that most people never get to see.  Guarantee you that I'll not be cave diving ever again but I just can't give up check out what the ocean and lakes have to offer for me to see.  I spent all those years in the Navy on the surface and now I'm spending lots of time under the surface.  Quite the turnaround.  
2023-10-6
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-6 12:06
Unfortunately, over the years I've just gotten more and more into scuba diving.  I try to be super safe but I enjoy diving and seeing all the marine life underwater that most people never get to see.  Guarantee you that I'll not be cave diving ever again but I just can't give up check out what the ocean and lakes have to offer for me to see.  I spent all those years in the Navy on the surface and now I'm spending lots of time under the surface.  Quite the turnaround.

Enjoy it it is a great passtime.
2023-10-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-6 17:03
Enjoy it it is a great passtime.

So far it has been really enjoyable.  
2023-10-7
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-7 05:02
So far it has been really enjoyable.

You need to take an osmo with you so you can chronicle your dives.
2023-10-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-7 06:34
You need to take an osmo with you so you can chronicle your dives.

I keep being told that but most times I'm already loaded down with gear.  I am looking at a suitable mount for my goggles to accommodate a GoPro 11. So far that hasn't worked out the way I was anticipating so I'll keep at it.
2023-10-8
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-8 04:17
I keep being told that but most times I'm already loaded down with gear.  I am looking at a suitable mount for my goggles to accommodate a GoPro 11. So far that hasn't worked out the way I was anticipating so I'll keep at it.

I have an OSMO 2. I bought a headstrap on Amazon that puts the camera  right over your mask. You would have to pull it off when you put your mask up, but I have used it for real estate walkthroughs and it works great.
2023-10-8
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-8 05:47
I have an OSMO 2. I bought a headstrap on Amazon that puts the camera  right over your mask. You would have to pull it off when you put your mask up, but I have used it for real estate walkthroughs and it works great.

Nice tip as I hadn't considered a headstrap.  
2023-10-9
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 10-9 03:10
Nice tip as I hadn't considered a headstrap.

You know I use it on walk through and with the osmo its better than a camera with a gimbal.
2023-10-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-9 13:04
You know I use it on walk through and with the osmo its better than a camera with a gimbal.

That's where you in-depth experience comes into play.  
2023-10-9
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

They seem to have a fun little gathering. I hope both the RC and drone enthusiasts will find room among themselves to give to the others as well. Those topics of interest feel so close to each other, I think it could bring people together instead of tearing them apart from each other. I thinko both have a time and place in this world, or at least ought to.
2023-10-15
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 10-15 11:39
They seem to have a fun little gathering. I hope both the RC and drone enthusiasts will find room among themselves to give to the others as well. Those topics of interest feel so close to each other, I think it could bring people together instead of tearing them apart from each other. I thinko both have a time and place in this world, or at least ought to.

They should. It's all about the love of flying. The AMA needs to renovate and embrace the new trends. I'm not a big fan of FPV but I understand and respect everone's right to their favorite.
2023-10-15
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

BetterBizTech Posted at 10-15 13:11
They should. It's all about the love of flying. The AMA needs to renovate and embrace the new trends. I'm not a big fan of FPV but I understand and respect everone's right to their favorite.

Haven't tried flying myself, but I've had fun with some RC cars before. And I am thinking about tipping my toes to the drone flying, once I have enough money and have found out how the permits are to be requested here in Finland.
2023-10-17
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 10-17 11:40
Haven't tried flying myself, but I've had fun with some RC cars before. And I am thinking about tipping my toes to the drone flying, once I have enough money and have found out how the permits are to be requested here in Finland.

It's like having the biggest tripod in the world for your camera.
2023-10-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules