Windows file system error File Transfer / OTG mode
1049 20 2023-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tedhw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12795 ft
Australia

Can you fix file system bug when connecting to Windows as File Transfer / OTG mode via USB-C cable for the second time?

When I connect the first time, I can access the sd card fine.
After I Eject and reconnect again later, I always get this error message:
Screenshot 2023-10-04 171945.png
Screenshot 2023-10-04 172011.png

The sd card still works fine in Action 4.
I can still download via DJI Mimo App too.
Running chkdsk e: /f on Windows will fix the problem and I can read the card fine.
If I format the card in Action 4, connecting for second time will give this error again.

Samsung 256GB Evo Plus micro SD card and original USB-C cable.

2023-10-3
Use props
wim103
lvl.3

Netherlands

I have exactly the same problem. I exchanged my Action 4 for a new one (under warranty), but it has exactly the same problem.

What you can do is format the card in Windows, simply via the USB cable, then everything works as it should.
2023-10-3
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

never had that. but lets ask you did fully format the card first, on a computer 64gb takes 30 minutes not a split second, then in the camera a  format .  cards can be issues , just saying good luck
2023-10-4
Use props
wim103
lvl.3

Netherlands

Fishycomics Posted at 10-4 02:58
never had that. but lets ask you did fully format the card first, on a computer 64gb takes 30 minutes not a split second, then in the camera a  format .  cards can be issues , just saying good luck

It is no card issue, I tried 3 different cards, two brands, results are all the same. I can make recordings with these SD cards without issues.

Windows find an error in the filesystem of the SD card, chdksk /f repairs that. This does not happen is you format the SD card with windows PC. A quick format in windows is enough. You can make recording, upload them to windows PC, make additional recordings and upload them too. Then it works as intended.
2023-10-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Have you tried another cable?
2023-10-4
Use props
tedhw
lvl.2
Australia

johansenfoto Posted at 10-4 04:19
Have you tried another cable?

Yes. And also another micro sd card I've been using for years without issue.
2023-10-4
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

wim103 Posted at 10-4 04:12
It is no card issue, I tried 3 different cards, two brands, results are all the same. I can make recordings with these SD cards without issues.

Windows find an error in the filesystem of the SD card, chdksk /f repairs that. This does not happen is you format the SD card with windows PC. A quick format in windows is enough. You can make recording, upload them to windows PC, make additional recordings and upload them too. Then it works as intended.

then when the issue you have is resolved, do report back
2023-10-4
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6562 ft
United States

I've seen this, too but it was intermittent and can't say what stopped it from occurring.
2023-10-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is just one of the reasons I switched to using a macbook. Not a viable solution I know, but in all honesty, I've not had an issue connecting my OA4 to my windows based work station at my work place, but only done that a handful of times.
2023-10-4
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 10-4 11:29
This is just one of the reasons I switched to using a macbook. Not a viable solution I know, but in all honesty, I've not had an issue connecting my OA4 to my windows based work station at my work place, but only done that a handful of times.

Yeah, I can connect and offload my OA4 using my 12.9" iPad Pro, which I actually prefer as I use LumaFusion on it for video processing.
2023-10-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DaveSp Posted at 10-4 11:46
Yeah, I can connect and offload my OA4 using my 12.9" iPad Pro, which I actually prefer as I use LumaFusion on it for video processing.

Lumafusion is IMO one of the best editors I've tried to use. I say that because it was fairly easy for me to learn how to use as compared to something like Resolve which I know is better, just a tad too complicated for my feable brain to fully grasp, lol
2023-10-4
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 10-4 12:07
Lumafusion is IMO one of the best editors I've tried to use. I say that because it was fairly easy for me to learn how to use as compared to something like Resolve which I know is better, just a tad too complicated for my feable brain to fully grasp, lol

My experience exactly. But what really got me to move was the long render times I saw on my laptop with Resolve - I need a better GPU. Renders of the same video on my iPad Pro with LumaFusion are about 6 times faster. And there's a huge amount of tutorials for it available on YouTube. Great product.
2023-10-4
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DaveSp Posted at 10-4 12:24
My experience exactly. But what really got me to move was the long render times I saw on my laptop with Resolve - I need a better GPU. Renders of the same video on my iPad Pro with LumaFusion are about 6 times faster. And there's a huge amount of tutorials for it available on YouTube. Great product.

I agree on the render times. Render times from my old windows laptop as compared to my M1 mackbook air, like night and day better on the Macbook.
2023-10-4
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The free version of Davinci Resolve doesn't use GPU for render, and is generally slower to use.
2023-10-4
Use props
DaveSp
Second Officer
United States

johansenfoto Posted at 10-4 13:02
The free version of Davinci Resolve doesn't use GPU for render, and is generally slower to use.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. Nice s/w but the price is too high for my level of usage.
2023-10-4
Use props
tedhw
lvl.2
Australia

Hopefully DJI fix this filesystem error on upcoming firmware update.
Just like wim103 said, his issue is exactly what I am having now.

Also, connecting OTG to Pixel 3a phone also gives error message Linux file system not supported.
Connecting OTG to Samsung phone always works fine.

So DJI could make the file system more compatible with other devices
2023-10-5
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I just tried this out with my Windows 11 pro workstation at work. I was able to connect and disconnect and explore the SD card, tranfer a couple of files, disconnect, make a new recording, connect it back to the workstation and transfer the new recording multiple times. Not sure why yours isn't working, but my experiement just now didn't yield the same results.
2023-10-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, tedhw. Thank you for reaching out. The SD card is not supported which is why you're getting this error.
1. Action 4 supports a MicroSD card with a storage of up to 256G.
2. Card models that have been tested to be incompatible are as follows:
1) SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB UHS-I Speed Grade 3 MicroSDXC
2) SanDisk Extreme Pro 128GB UHS-I Speed Grade 3 MicroSDXC
3)Samsung Pro Plus 256GB V30 A2 UHS-I Speed Grade 3 (There is a compatibility issue with the new batch of microSD cards.)

When using the camera with cards that are not included in the compatibility list or have been tested to be incompatible, it is probable that the recording may stop automatically. Therefore, it is not recommended to use these cards. It is okay if you would like to use them to record videos with a low resolution or low frame rate, but we do not guarantee the security of the footage you capture. For a better user experience, we recommend using one of the Recommended microSD Cards for Action 4:
2023-10-5
Use props
tedhw
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-5 22:34
Hi, tedhw. Thank you for reaching out. The SD card is not supported which is why you're getting this error.
1. Action 4 supports a MicroSD card with a storage of up to 256G.
2. Card models that have been tested to be incompatible are as follows:

Thanks DJI, I will try other card on your list.

By the way your answer is contradicting, because you mentioned Action 4 supports MicroSD card with storage of up to 256G, but your recommended list of microSD cards includes 512GB Lexar Pro.
2023-10-5
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

tedhw Posted at 10-5 23:19

By the way your answer is contradicting, because you mentioned Action 4 supports MicroSD card with storage of up to 256G, but your recommended list of microSD cards includes 512GB Lexar Pro.

Larger cards that aren't on that list CAN work, they just haven't tested anything that isn't on their list. And even with the same brand/class card read write speeds go down the larger the card is.
2023-10-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

tedhw Posted at 10-5 23:19

You're welcome, tedhw. We have confirmed from our relevant team that you can use up to 512 GB as long as it is on the list. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules