1526 14 2023-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans42c7e524
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1788796 ft
Hong Kong

dear all

would you tell me how can I use the simulated long exposure during photo taking?
is the auxiliary light turned on only in the air?

thank you very much
2023-10-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
France

I bet its only on for landing and taking off
2023-10-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I know lots about a long exposure, but what's a simulated long exposure?
2023-10-4
Use props
fans42c7e524
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Labroides Posted at 10-4 06:42
I know lots about a long exposure, but what's a simulated long exposure?

page 103 of the manual
2023-10-4
Use props
fans42c7e524
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Bashy Posted at 10-4 06:41
I bet its only on for landing and taking off

do you mean the auxiliary light ?
2023-10-4
Use props
SailorEd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84531 ft
United States

That aux light can be set between Auto, On, and Off. Default is Auto.
2023-10-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

It's a way to "fake" very long exposure photography by taking several shorter exposures and stacking them.
This used to be done in a computer, but DJI do it in-camera.
https://digital-photography-scho ... ed-image-averaging/
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To shoot regular photography in dark scenarios, the footage brightness can be increased by increasing ISO or extending exposure time. However, a relatively high ISO is accompanied by more noise, and a relatively long exposure time accumulates jitter to the aircraft and gimbal, both resulting in blurred footage. Simulated long exposure involves dividing a long target exposure time period into a number of short exposure time periods in order to obtain multi-frame footage. After the motion estimation, alignment, and stacking of the obtained footage, the output will be footage with a total exposure time equal to the preset long exposure time. The above motion estimation and alignment help to avoid accumulating jitter to the aircraft and gimbal. Furthermore, Yes. The auxiliary light located at the bottom of the aircraft can be turned on or off using the Fn button (customizable button) on DJI RC-N2 or the customizable C1/C2 button on DJI RC 2 or you can enter the camera view in the DJI Fly app, go to Settings, Safety, and Auxiliary LED. Then select “On”.

Auxiliary LED settings: The auxiliary light can be set in the app to Auto, On, or Off. In Auto, the auxiliary light is automatically enabled when there is insufficient ambient light.
2023-10-4
Use props
fans42c7e524
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-4 17:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To shoot regular photography in dark scenarios, the footage brightness can be increased by increasing ISO or extending exposure time. However, a relatively high ISO is accompanied by more noise, and a relatively long exposure time accumulates jitter to the aircraft and gimbal, both resulting in blurred footage. Simulated long exposure involves dividing a long target exposure time period into a number of short exposure time periods in order to obtain multi-frame footage. After the motion estimation, alignment, and stacking of the obtained footage, the output will be footage with a total exposure time equal to the preset long exposure time. The above motion estimation and alignment help to avoid accumulating jitter to the aircraft and gimbal. Furthermore, Yes. The auxiliary light located at the bottom of the aircraft can be turned on or off using the Fn button (customizable button) on DJI RC-N2 or the customizable C1/C2 button on DJI RC 2 or you can enter the camera view in the DJI Fly app, go to Settings, Safety, and Auxiliary LED. Then select “On”.

Auxiliary LED settings: The auxiliary light can be set in the app to Auto, On, or Off. In Auto, the auxiliary light is automatically enabled when there is insufficient ambient light.

Dear Paladin

Your explanation is appreciated.

I want to know whether the mini 4 pro has some function or feature to implement the Simulated long exposure. Or something else.

What is the meaning of specifying the Simulated long exposure in the manual?
2023-10-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

fans42c7e524 Posted at 10-4 18:21
Dear Paladin

The last two replies answered your question already.
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans42c7e524 Posted at 10-4 18:21
Dear Paladin

No worries. Please refer to my response as it includes detailed information about the Simulated Long exposure. If there are some misunderstandings, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-10-6
Use props
WVdE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 992707 ft
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-4 17:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. To shoot regular photography in dark scenarios, the footage brightness can be increased by increasing ISO or extending exposure time. However, a relatively high ISO is accompanied by more noise, and a relatively long exposure time accumulates jitter to the aircraft and gimbal, both resulting in blurred footage. Simulated long exposure involves dividing a long target exposure time period into a number of short exposure time periods in order to obtain multi-frame footage. After the motion estimation, alignment, and stacking of the obtained footage, the output will be footage with a total exposure time equal to the preset long exposure time. The above motion estimation and alignment help to avoid accumulating jitter to the aircraft and gimbal. Furthermore, Yes. The auxiliary light located at the bottom of the aircraft can be turned on or off using the Fn button (customizable button) on DJI RC-N2 or the customizable C1/C2 button on DJI RC 2 or you can enter the camera view in the DJI Fly app, go to Settings, Safety, and Auxiliary LED. Then select “On”.

Auxiliary LED settings: The auxiliary light can be set in the app to Auto, On, or Off. In Auto, the auxiliary light is automatically enabled when there is insufficient ambient light.

Does the auxiliary light drain the battery faster ?
2023-11-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WVdE Posted at 11-14 18:55
Does the auxiliary light drain the battery faster ?

Thank you for your response. This part of the power consumption was ignored which means it will not make the battery drain much faster. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.
2023-11-17
Use props
WVdE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 992707 ft
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 11-17 00:04
Thank you for your response. This part of the power consumption was ignored which means it will not make the battery drain much faster. Hope this helps. Have a nice day ahead.

Thanks for the reply. However, it confirms some kind of 'extra' drain. Which can be useful information when sparing the charge. Other factors for additional battery drain are : high speed, strong wind, cold, use of video and even the obstacle avoidance. (correct me if I'm wrong ;-) )
Kind regards.
2023-11-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

WVdE Posted at 11-24 05:07
Thanks for the reply. However, it confirms some kind of 'extra' drain. Which can be useful information when sparing the charge. Other factors for additional battery drain are : high speed, strong wind, cold, use of video and even the obstacle avoidance. (correct me if I'm wrong ;-) )
Kind regards.

Thank you for your response. I understand. You may consider it as less to no effect as this part of the power consumption was ignored. If you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Have a nice day!
2023-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules