DJI Mini 3 Pro Focus Problem
634 3 2023-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bl4z3
New
Bulgaria

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a DJI Mini 3 Pro after having a Mavic for quite some time and wanting to have something smaller and lighter to have on the go. I've ran into a pretty big issue which I can't seem to fix... Pretty much any video I take, no matter what the resolution, fps, etc. there's no focus in the right hand side of the frame, always. I've tried AF, I've tried MF, I've tried Infinity Focus, I've tried everything there is, but still can't seem to get it to focus. I've tried to play around with the auto-peaking and so on but nothing seems to help. I've read through numerous forum posts, watched numerous videos of people complaining about focus problems with the Mini 3 Pro but I've never experienced anything like this with my Mavic.

All of the firmware is up-to-date, the drone has never been crashed, the lense is clean, I just don't know what to do anymore, I'm seriously thinking of sending it for service but the drone was bought not even 2 weeks ago..

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!
2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, bl4z3. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please provide us with unedited files showing the issue for further checking. Please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.
2023-10-4
Use props
bl4z3
New
Bulgaria

DJI Gamora Posted at 10-4 23:11
Hi, bl4z3. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the inconvenience. Please provide us with unedited files showing the issue for further checking. Please upload the file/s to Dropbox or Google Drive and provide us the shareable link via PM. We will wait for your update. Thank you for your cooperation.

Hey there Gamora,

Thank you for reaching out so quickly! After posting yesterday to the forum, I actually got a response from a group in which I posted the same problem earlier in the week, a member of that group pointed out that I was using the wrong settings when encoding the footage. I have been encoding footage this way for a long time and never had a problem with footage shot on the Mavic, but he advised on different settings and after giving it a try, it seems that the footage is much better. This is weird, as even when using the wrong settings, the entire frame was in focus except the right side and therefore I never assumed that the problem may have been in how the footage was being encoded.

I'll be doing some additional tests in the upcoming days to see if this manages to fix/mitigate the issue. Once I've conducted sufficient research, I'll post an update. If the problem persists, I'll send you a PM with the link to the unedited footage for further investigation.

Thank you once again for reaching out and I wish you a great day ahead!
2023-10-5
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Best way to test lens sharpness is to shoot a flat surface, top down looking shot.
Go to a parking lot which has good floor tiles or cars parked, fly to 50-60m up, point the camera down -90°

Then tap to focus in the center, take shot. (keep hovering at same spot)
Then tap on right side take a shot.
Then tap on left side take a shot.

Then post the 3 images or video in google drive
2023-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules