A few issues I encountered with the new Mini 4 Pro
10640 36 2023-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seattle-Bill
lvl.2

United States

Hi All,

Just bought this new dron, and flew it for a few minute just to check it out.   I ran into a few issues which I thought shouldn't have happened, and wonder if other users see them too:

1. The manual missed mentioning where the RAW files are stored on the SD card, or how to get them after shooting from the drone.  Maybe it's mentioned somewhere in one of those tutorial videos, but I was puzzled by this, and posted a question in another thread.

2. The manual also has no mentioning of how the SD card should be formated. Granted, most of us know that SD cards used in small devices like this typically should be formated to exFAT, which I tried it first.  However, ran into this problem: after formatting on the PC with exFAT and putting in the drone, it first recognized it - showing the right capacity on the RC controller. However, mid way in the flight after taking a few photos, the RS display started showing SD card error.  I thought it must be that the card should not be formated on PC but rather on the drone itself. So I formated on the drone. But then after taking the card to PC reader, it says the card needs to be formated.  I then refomated the card again by putting the card in the RC controller, and this time after formatting the PC can read it.  Now I put it into the drone and it seems to be fine - recognized by the drone as well.  Very weird problem.  

Most of the electronic device user manaual all mention how the SD card should be formated - format type, sector size, where to format the SD, etc., yet DJI totally missed this info in the manual, and I was a bit surprised by this.

3. I bought the Fly More package, so I got 3 batteries. I noticed right away after putting the batttery in the drone and started drone - the battery gets hot very quickly, and you can even touch the drone and feel the heat, and that's when the drone hasn't even flew yet but simply turned on and sitting on the ground.  To me this seems to be a design flaw somewhere in the battery or in the drone, as when the drone is idel and not flying (the propellers are not spinning), there's no reason to draw that much current and genetate that much heat.  Don't know if anyone else noticed this, and I hope someone at DJI can explain this, or esclate this to their enginnering team.  Maybe a firmware update is needed.

Would love to hear others comments about these issues...  

Thank you all!

Bill

2023-10-4
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

1. The manual missed mentioning where the RAW files are stored on the SD card, or how to get them after shooting from the drone.  
If you set your drone to record dng files, you'll find them with the jpg files in a folder that's inside the DCIM folder.

2. The manual also has no mentioning of how the SD card should be formated.
It's not complicated, just use the default quick format in a windows computer or format it in the drone.
Either will be just fine.

3. I bought the Fly More package, so I got 3 batteries. I noticed right away after putting the batttery in the drone and started drone - the battery gets hot very quickly, and you can even touch the drone and feel the heat, and that's when the drone hasn't even flew yet but simply turned on and sitting on the ground.  To me this seems to be a design flaw
Your drone is made to weigh less than 250 grams.
To get it that light, some things had to go, including a cooling fan.
Your drone will be fine in the air when it's flying, but will overheat if you leave it powered up for long on the ground.
That's just the way it is with lightweight mini drones.

2023-10-4
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, Seattle-Bill. Thank you for reaching out. Please check the raw files from this path: microSD Card /DCIM/100MEDIA/. The recommended Supported File System for Mini 4 Pro is exFAT. If you keep getting an error with SD Card, your SD card might not be compatible. Please use one of the Recommended microSD Cards from this link: (https://www.dji.com/mini-4-pro/specs) and check if the issue persists. For the overheating concern,  the drone is designed without a built-in fan, which can effectively reduce power consumption to make the flight time longer. Additionally, the new structural design with propellers that have been adjusted for a more aerodynamic flight, which allows the drone to use the wind generated by the propellers to dissipate heat, ensuring good heat dissipation effects during the flight. If the drone stays in standby mode for a long time, its temperature may continuously rise. DJI Mini 4 Pro comes with a built-in temperature control system that the drone can detect the current temperature and decide whether to automatically power off to prevent overheating. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2023-10-4
Use props
Seattle-Bill
lvl.2

United States

Thank you Labroides and DJI Gamora for the replies!

DJI Gamora, I do use the SD card recommended by DJI - I bought and used the Samsung EVO Plus 512GB V30 U3 A2 microSDXC SD card, which is one of the card on your recommended list.

I have further questions for you, as I did more test and discovered the following:

1.  If I format my SD card with exFAT format and file allocation unit size 128 kilobytes on my Windows 10 PC, the card is recognized by the dron, and it can save photos on the card;

2. However, if I format the card with any file allocation unit size larger than 128 bytes, such as choosing the maximum 32768 kilobytes, the card is either not recognized by the drone, or it's unstable, in which case the card is recognized by the drone but the photos taken are not saved on the card. The drone only created the DCIM and MISC folder on the card, and the DCIM folder is empty after taking some photos.  

3. If I format the card on the drone, the card is no longer readable by the Windows PC, as it simply does not shown when plugged into the card reader.  

I don't know if these problems can be reproduced by more testing. I asssume you work for DJI, and if so, could you ask your engineering team if this is related to the card brand, or card capacity, or maybe there's a bug in the drone for card formating and reading of different allocation unit sizes.

Thank you!

Bill

2023-10-5
Use props
Minime0815
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1996804 ft
Germany

Seattle-Bill Posted at 10-5 22:42

DJI Gamora, I do use the SD card recommended by DJI - I bought and used the Samsung EVO Plus 512GB V30 U3 A2 microSDXC SD card, which is one of the card on your recommended list.

I plug only the drone on my pc. The Drone is my cardreader. Works perfect. I lost so many footage if i plug the card to an external reader.
2023-10-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora, I do use the SD card recommended by DJI - I bought and used the Samsung EVO Plus 512GB V30 U3 A2 microSDXC SD card, which is one of the card on your recommended list.

Don't overthink it.
Just use the default quick format in your Windows computer and everything will be just fine.

And popping the SD card, and putting it in the computer is always going to be faster and simpler than any other way of transferring image files.
2023-10-6
Use props
Seattle-Bill
lvl.2

United States

I took another SD card, from PNY which not on DJI's recommended list, and a much small capacity at 64GB, and fromatted it on PC with exFAT and 2048 KB allocation unit size, and it seems to work fine on the drone now.

So it's possible that the 512GB card from Samsung (on DJI's recommendation list) is just a bad card, so I have asked Amazon to send me a replacement.  After I get it I will try it again by fromating it on PC first and then put it in the drone to see if it works...   
2023-10-6
Use props
CampbellS
New

New Zealand

RE: A few issues I encountered with the new Mini 4 Pro

Labroides Posted at 10-4 22:13
1. The manual missed mentioning where the RAW files are stored on the SD card, or how to get them after shooting from the drone.  
If you set your drone to record dng files, you'll find them with the jpg files in a folder that's inside the DCIM folder.

I am a newbie having done a few quick flights, testing taking pictures and videos. Sorry if I'm not following procedures for posting a message.
I've successfuly taken pic's and video's and stored them on my SD card. On the controller they look fine.
I copied the files from the SD card to my desktop computer using a card reader. The card is a ScanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB as provided by my local DJI store.
When I view the pic's, (using VCL player) they are fine. However the videos are very bad. Mainly greyed out areas with some occasional good bits.
Do you have a fix for this?
I saw comments about formatting the card. I never knew this. Is this the problem?

I appreciate any help.
2023-10-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

CampbellS Posted at 10-7 17:10
I am a newbie having done a few quick flights, testing taking pictures and videos. Sorry if I'm not following procedures for posting a message.
I've successfuly taken pic's and video's and stored them on my SD card. On the controller they look fine.
I copied the files from the SD card to my desktop computer using a card reader. The card is a ScanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB as provided by my local DJI store.

When I view the pic's, (using VCL player) they are fine. However the videos are very bad. Mainly greyed out areas with some occasional good bits.
Do you have a fix for this?
How about a screenshot to show what you are seeing, or upload a small sample video to Dropbox or similar and post a link.

I saw comments about formatting the card. I never knew this. Is this the problem?
There is no problem at all with formatting the SD cards.
But you could have a problem if the card you use is unsuitable (too slow) or faulty.

2023-10-7
Use props
boldblue737
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418337 ft
  • >>>
United States

1. RAW is found on the card here: microSD Card /DCIM/100MEDIA/
2. Format all cards IN the device they are meant to work in. Put the card in the drone then format from the menu on the controller/phone.
3. The batteries on all drones get very hot. The DJI Mini 3/4 does NOT use an internal fan to cool these batteries and instead uses airflow in flight... this case cause it to feel more hot than normal and even shutdown if left on while on the ground for long periods of time (15+ minutes) without flying. This is normal and will not damage the drone and the lack of fan is not a design flaw, it was done to save weight so the drone can meet the 249g spec.
2023-10-7
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

I agree that the DJI manual is missing some very important information and can lead to a lot of unnecessary confusion, especially for a beginner. I'm also amazed at how many points need to be considered, some of which are taught in small print to really get started safely. To market this drone (M3P & M4P) as a beginner drone is absolutely not suitable for me ! These two drones contain so many options and settings that even after 1 month I have not fully tried or internalized everything. This complexity is best demonstrated here in the forum with all the questions and problems that arise here and even professionals can not always be answered immediately clear.

2023-10-7
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

Space Dream Posted at 10-7 19:19
I agree that the DJI manual is missing some very important information and can lead to a lot of unnecessary confusion, especially for a beginner. I'm also amazed at how many points need to be considered, some of which are taught in small print to really get started safely. To market this drone (M3P & M4P) as a beginner drone is absolutely not suitable for me ! These two drones contain so many options and settings that even after 1 month I have not fully tried or internalized everything. This complexity is best demonstrated here in the forum with all the questions and problems that arise here and even professionals can not always be answered immediately clear.

what about this manual? Link
2023-10-7
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

Potato mini Posted at 10-7 19:51

Just for your information: The german manual is only V1.2 and not updated to V1.6

And even in this english V1.6 version a lot is not that clear explained in detail

2023-10-7
Use props
CampbellS
New

New Zealand

Potato mini Posted at 10-7 19:51

Thanks so much for that.  Looks like many things are the same with the Minin 4 Pro but a new manual would be great.
2023-10-8
Use props
Space Dream
lvl.4
Germany

CampbellS Posted at 10-8 00:29
Thanks so much for that.  Looks like many things are the same with the Minin 4 Pro but a new manual would be great.

Here is the Mini 4 Pro User Manual Version 1.0

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_4_Pro/20230925/DJI_Mini_4_Pro_User_Manual_EN.pdf

2023-10-8
Use props
Seattle-Bill
lvl.2

United States

With regarding to the missing of SD card formating, the reasons I brought it up are the following:

1. As someone who has nearly 40 years of hi-tech industry experiences and a software engineer working on computers and devices, I alwasy have the habbit to reformat new hard drives or new SD card with the proper file format and sector or allocation unit size, because many years ago I learned that when the computer writes files to HD or SSD it can go faster with a disk or SD that's foramtted with larger sector/allocation sizes.

This is akin to use a spoon to scoop up water and dump it into a container: if you have a larger spoon (sector size/allocation unit), you can scoop up more water (data) each time to fill the container (disk/SSD) faster, and it takes less number of scooping cycles to fill the container, but if you have a smaller spoon, you get less water each time and it takes you a bit more times to do the scooping. The downside is that you may have some wasted spaces on disk if your file is small. But for larger files such as photos and videos, using larger sector size/allocation units has a slight advantage in efficiency and speed.  This was true for hard disks, and I am not sure if it still matters in today's SD cards.  But the mere fact that exFAT formatting still has this allocation option means it may have some differences (although the difference is speed and time saving is probably negligible.

So when I foramtted the Samsung SSD with the maximum allocation size, as I typcally would do with exFAT formatting, the card became non-readable by the MP4 drone, and this was the reason I thought something could be wrong with the drone. But again, it could be just a bad card from Samsung, and hopefully after I get my replacement this issue will go away.

2. Yes, formatting a SD card is a common knowlesge and most users know what to do, so DJI manual skipped it seems to be normal. However, some of the most reputable brand comsumer electronics prpoduct companies, for example, Canon/Nikon/Sony cameras, or even in the case of my Covetter C8 car manual, they included the info about how the SD card should be formatted, including which file format to use (since many electronic devices won't recognize NTFS which is typically the Windows PC formatting default.  I thought that given DJI is a high quality and reputable electronic product brand, especially given their popularity among the drone users, I thought they would also do like what Canon/Sony/Chevrolet/etc. have done, to include this info in the user manual.  When I first got the drone and the new SD card, I open the M4P manual and entered SD card as my first search query in the manual, because I wanted to know what DJI recommnds so that I can formatted it properly like what I did with the SD cards in my camera or in my C8 sports car, and to my suroprise, it's not there in DJI's manual.  I am pretty sure that if I formatted it with NTFS, it won't work at all, so missing this in the manual is a hole to me.

3. Also, the factor that after you format the SD card on the drone and on the RC2, the file folders are actually different: the SD card formatted on the drone just has two folders: DCIM and MISC, and the photos are stores in the DCIM folder, whereas on the card formatted on the RC2, it actally has a full blown Android OS folder structure, and you'd need to drill down to find DCIM folder for the stored photos.  I think for the mere fact that these folder structures are different, DJI manual should mentioned this, so new users will know and won't get confused.

Yes, I understand that this is a small detail and it's not a big deal, but to me, it demenstrated the product manual quality and completness of the product company. In this regard, DJI has something to learn from Canon/Sony/Chevrolet, which is you don't assume your users knows everything, and you provide as much detail to make it as complete as possible in your user manuals.  

OK, stepping down from my soapbox ... :-)
2023-10-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Seattle-Bill Posted at 10-8 12:56
With regarding to the missing of SD card formating, the reasons I brought it up are the following:

1. As someone who has nearly 40 years of hi-tech industry experiences and a software engineer working on computers and devices, I alwasy have the habbit to reformat new hard drives or new SD card with the proper file format and sector or allocation unit size, because many years ago I learned that when the computer writes files to HD or SSD it can go faster with a disk or SD that's foramtted with larger sector/allocation sizes.

I thought that given DJI is a high quality and reputable electronic product brand, especially given their popularity among the drone users, I thought they would also do like what Canon/Sony/Chevrolet/etc. have done, to include this info in the user manual.
Yes, I understand that this is a small detail and it's not a big deal,  but to me, it demenstrated the product manual quality and completness of  the product company. In this regard, DJI has something to learn from  Canon/Sony/Chevrolet, which is you don't assume your users knows  everything, and you provide as much detail to make it as complete as  possible in your user manuals.
DJI is the market leader in designing and manufacturing drones, but their documentation is always sparse, sometimes confusing and even contains some misinformation.
That's just the way it is and has been for years.
But there's no need to overthink card formatting.
The default quick format in Windows or the drone's in-camera format is all you need.

3. Also, the factor that after you format the SD card on the drone and on the RC2, the file folders are actually different
There's no need to have a card in the controller.
The only place you'll find the original image files is the card in the drone.

2023-10-8
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

Space Dream Posted at 10-7 21:45
Just for your information: The german manual is only V1.2 and not updated to V1.6

And even in this english V1.6 version a lot is not that clear explained in detail

oh, ya I forgot that your in Germany.
2023-10-8
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
United States

CampbellS Posted at 10-8 00:29

your welcome.
2023-10-8
Use props
fans5d518819
New

United Kingdom

CampbellS Posted at 10-7 17:10
I've successfuly taken pic's and video's and stored them on my SD card. On the controller they look fine.

Have you sorted this because mine is doing the same but a 265g card.  I have now ordered one from DJI store so I can eliminate the cards so frustrating  
2023-10-11
Use props
Seattle-Bill
lvl.2

United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 10-11 07:12
Why you would want to alter the file allocation size.  The file allocation size dictates the smallest block used when a file is written.  Set to 128 kb, a 1 byte file will use up a 128 kb block of storage.  If set to 32768 kb, then the 1 byte file occupies 32768 kb of storage.  That is a whole lot of wasted space.  Just leave it set to the default & it will work fine.

Because smaller size will require more writing actions or steps since each writing step only writes a small sector to finish write the whole file, whereas using large sector will reult in less number of writing steps.  For files typically that are large such as photos and videos, the increase in number of writing actions will result in the overall longer time in writing,.   

Exactly how much increase in time due to use smaller sectors, no one has done any precise test with the latest SSDs, so this may be just spliting the hair for what we are talking about here, but there were tests for hard disks done in the past, and the recommendation was to use large sector or allocation size for typical large files use, to get the higher writing speed.  

In any case, I got the Samsung replacement 512GB SSD, and I formatted on PC with exFAT and 8192 kb (instesd of 128kb), and putting it in the drone and everything works just fine now.

2023-10-12
Use props
djiuser_9Ffc1KLOSd49
lvl.3
Flight distance : 113317 ft
France

Seattle-Bill Posted at 10-12 21:26
Because smaller size will require more writing actions or steps since each writing step only writes a small sector to finish write the whole file, whereas using large sector will reult in less number of writing steps.  For files typically that are large such as photos and videos, the increase in number of writing actions will result in the overall longer time in writing,.   

Exactly how much increase in time due to use smaller sectors, no one has done any precise test with the latest SSDs, so this may be just spliting the hair for what we are talking about here, but there were tests for hard disks done in the past, and the recommendation was to use large sector or allocation size for typical large files use, to get the higher writing speed.  

Bonjour
Une SSD dans le mini 4 Pro????????
2023-10-13
Use props
BigEar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43012 ft
Canada

3. It's normal to get hot. If you're not flying in the air it'll get hot and most of us will do is turn on a mini fan and cool the drone down while you're doing your thing eg. file transfer, firmware update, drone settings...etc.
2023-10-14
Use props
Phatboyz
New
United States

DJI Gamora, I do use the SD card recommended by DJI - I bought and used the Samsung EVO Plus 512GB V30 U3 A2 microSDXC SD card, which is one of the card on your recommended list.

Samsung EVO Plus 512GB V30 U3 A2 microSDXC is a bad recommendation from DJI. I too, bought the card based on the recommendation and at first, my drone did not recognize the card. After formatting it in Windows the drone recognized it. However, after about 60 secs of recording in 1080p60, the drone gave a "slow speed storage" error and quit recording.   Samsung EVO Plus 512GB has a max transfer (read speed) of 130MB/s, and an atrocious write speed of 40MB/s.
I went and bought Samsung 256GB PRO Plus microSDXC instead and it worked like a charm! PRO Plus is spec'd at 180MB/s read and 130MB/s write speeds.
Hope this helps the next person.
2023-10-14
Use props
FL_Flyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810594 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 10-4 22:13
1. The manual missed mentioning where the RAW files are stored on the SD card, or how to get them after shooting from the drone.  

You’re a patient man, Captain… always helping out newbies. Very thoughtful.
2023-10-15
Use props
Seattle-Bill
lvl.2

United States

Phatboyz Posted at 10-14 16:39
Samsung EVO Plus 512GB V30 U3 A2 microSDXC is a bad recommendation from DJI. I too, bought the card based on the recommendation and at first, my drone did not recognize the card. After formatting it in Windows the drone recognized it. However, after about 60 secs of recording in 1080p60, the drone gave a "slow speed storage" error and quit recording.   Samsung EVO Plus 512GB has a max transfer (read speed) of 130MB/s, and an atrocious write speed of 40MB/s.
I went and bought Samsung 256GB PRO Plus microSDXC instead and it worked like a charm! PRO Plus is spec'd at 180MB/s read and 130MB/s write speeds.

Good poing that there may be difference between the EVO Plus and the Pro.

The cards I got from Samsung is this one, which is the PRO Ultimate version:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CF7Q ... t_b_product_details

This one has the write speed of 200 MB/s, which is much heigher than the 160 MB/S or 180 MB/S versions.  

I must got a bad card in my first purchase, because after I got their replacement cards, I reformatted it on my Windows PC with exFAT, and the M4P drone can read and write to it without any problem. I also have another same card plugged into RC2, which was formatted on RC2 directly, and it can also be read by the PC without problem.

To read from the card in the drone from the PC, I follow the suggestions by others to simply plug the USB C cable from PC to the drone, and I can copy all the files without any issue.  

Now this card is in huge discount to only $44 per card, and when I bought it a few weeks ago it was $60 then, so anyone looking for a high speed SSD, this should be the one to go because it has the highest speed in reading and writing.

2023-10-15
Use props
PavementHugger
lvl.1

Netherlands

Phatboyz Posted at 10-14 16:39
Samsung EVO Plus 512GB V30 U3 A2 microSDXC is a bad recommendation from DJI. I too, bought the card based on the recommendation and at first, my drone did not recognize the card. After formatting it in Windows the drone recognized it. However, after about 60 secs of recording in 1080p60, the drone gave a "slow speed storage" error and quit recording.   Samsung EVO Plus 512GB has a max transfer (read speed) of 130MB/s, and an atrocious write speed of 40MB/s.

How odd that yours just works.

I'm on the latest firmware, forced updating but I keep having issues. For some background: I've been using this card for half a year in a Mini 3, no issues. I picked up the Mini 4 Pro and on my very first flight the card just went off to Narnia. Having semi crashed the drone and feed on the controller I flew back based on visual and the distance indicator.

After landing the Samsung card wasn't detected and is sporadically detected. I've had it working maybe twice in a months time. It's detected under Windows, under Linux and MacOS, but no matter how many times I format it exfat 128KiB, it won't work. Formatting via controller doesn't work either even though the controller detects it perfectly fine.

I've ran H2testw, simulated various I/O situations (mixed file transfer, read/write) and the card just works fine. I also get the advertised speed (heh, marketing, more or less) so I doubt that it's defective. I also have the same issue with a 64GB SanDisk Extreme Pro card. Anyone got any idea?
2023-10-21
Use props
fansf5b3eb10
lvl.1

United States

This is crazy…these problems SHOULD NOT BE OCCURRING AND SHOYKD CEASE IMMEDIATELY AND DJI SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.
Taking money and rendering a shabby and costly product.
I am considering a Class Action Suit. Enough is Enough. This is all over the internet with the Mini 3 Pro and now The Mini 4 Pro. You pay for the product, u take it out of the box and it should fly without problems. Like a new car. Come on people.
2023-12-18
Use props
djiuser_zpMsdlcEEfYV
New
United States

Hi @ Seattle-Bill, If I may give a little advice. As a long time photographer a rule of thumb is to never format or modify any sdcard at the computer level. Always format in the camera. Well I apply that to the drones I use as well. Two things will benefit from this 1. the cards will last longer and 2. you wont run into incompatibility issues  between the card and the drone. With that said I only copy from the card and paste files on to the computer, I don't delete vids or pics off the cards with the computer.  When card is full I will format it in the drone after I make sure I have copied all files to the computer. This practice has worked well for me. I hope this helps you   Bill
1-1 13:35
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Seattle-Bill Posted at 2023-10-8 12:56

I'm sorry but this kind of showing off large numbers always make me wonder...

You said:

"1. The manual missed mentioning where the RAW files are stored on the SD card, or how to get them after shooting from the drone.  Maybe it's mentioned somewhere in one of those tutorial videos, but I was puzzled by this, and posted a question in another thread."

and then:

"1. As someone who has nearly 40 years of hi-tech industry experiences and a software engineer working on computers and devices, I alwasy have the habbit to reformat new hard drives or new SD card with the proper file format and sector or allocation unit size, because many years ago I learned that when the computer writes files to HD or SSD it can go faster with a disk or SD that's foramtted with larger sector/allocation sizes."

After 40 years, you still don't know that nearly 100% of electronic devices that take video and or pictures have/use a folder named DCIM  (Digital Camera Images)??  

1-1 16:24
Use props
djiuser_gq9lyUDoZC1A
lvl.1
Flight distance : 187411 ft
United Kingdom

Hello. I have a dji mini 4 pro. I fly it in UK. The max distance on the max altitude (120m) is only 1700m, then I completely lose a signal between RC2 AND MY DRONE DJI MININI 4 PRO can someone tell me how to improve the signal( Thanks.
2-1 06:56
Use props
laszlo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48688 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seattle-Bill Posted at 2023-10-6 22:36
I took another SD card, from PNY which not on DJI's recommended list, and a much small capacity at 64GB, and fromatted it on PC with exFAT and 2048 KB allocation unit size, and it seems to work fine on the drone now.

So it's possible that the 512GB card from Samsung (on DJI's recommendation list) is just a bad card, so I have asked Amazon to send me a replacement.  After I get it I will try it again by fromating it on PC first and then put it in the drone to see if it works...

Thats strange, I use Sandisk 512 cards, I format them using the RC controller and have had no issues reading them on my MacBook Pro. Never had in the past either and my Mini 4 Pro is drone #6 for me
2-26 10:30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_gq9lyUDoZC1A Posted at 2-1 06:56
Hello. I have a dji mini 4 pro. I fly it in UK. The max distance on the max altitude (120m) is only 1700m, then I completely lose a signal between RC2 AND MY DRONE DJI MININI 4 PRO can someone tell me how to improve the signal( Thanks.

Hi there. Sorry about the trouble Please check the procedures below and see if it will help ( Feel free to skip steps if  was already done ):
1. Check the aircraft image transmission distance in your country.
2. Check if the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. If not, please update the firmware to the latest versions first.
3. Check the remote controller antenna position. Please place your remote controller antenna in the optimal position.

4. Keep note of tree and house obstructions near the flying field. After flying for a period, note the obstruction near the horizontal line to ensure that there are no visible obstructions in the aircraft's direction.
5. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment. Please turn on the Image Transmission Settings to check the real-time channel quality. Or provide a screenshot or a recorded video for us to see significant interference. If the interference is significant, we recommend changing the flight environment. Common electromagnetic interference sources include but are not limited to Wi-Fi hotspots, routers, Bluetooth devices, high-voltage power lines, high-voltage transmission stations, mobile phone base stations, and television broadcasting towers.
Please keep us posted. Have a great day.
2-27 01:19
Use props
djiuser_gkh6jOvl6Xcg
lvl.1
Germany

The Mini 4 Pro does not support all SD cards. The ones I used in my Mini 3 Pro do not work in my Mini 4 Pro anymore. Had to buy a new one although they have the same speed.
3-3 17:51
Use props
djiuser_LVnyg6ozQR6o
lvl.1
Chile

Help me  for  trouble shooting esc error ... It's a brand new DJI mini 4 pro .... NVR take off ....  After imu calibration not showing any errors.... After switch off thn it's showing the error.... Kindly assist me to refresh or downgrade  or any way to trouble shooting the issue
4-11 07:22
Use props
Pi31416
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75755 ft
Germany

Bill - agree with your point 3.

A completely inactive drone should pull less power and generate less heat. I am new to DJI since a few days and had the same thought as you!

I strongly feels there is some power management  / sleep mode / … missing.

Sensors can be disabled, cpu speed reduced, etc etc…
4-21 13:46
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Pi31416 Posted at 4-21 13:46
Bill - agree with your point 3.

A completely inactive drone should pull less power and generate less heat. I am new to DJI since a few days and had the same thought as you!

Hi there. DJI Mini 4 Pro doesn't include a built-in fan, which effectively reduces the aircraft's weight and increases the battery life. Meanwhile, it uses the wind generated by the propellers to dissipate heat during the flight, ensuring heat dissipation to prevent overheating.
When the DJI Mini 4 Pro stays in standby mode for a long time, its temperature may continuously rise. The aircraft has a built-in temperature control system, when in standby mode the aircraft can make intelligent judgments based on the current temperature to better reduce the temperature. DJI Mini 4 Pro supports energy-saving mode. When the temperature of the aircraft rises to a certain temperature, the aircraft will enter the energy-saving mode. If the temperature of the aircraft continues to rise, it will power off to prevent overheating.
You can see whether the aircraft is in energy-saving mode by the prompts in the aircraft system status bar. Exit this mode by the following methods:
a. Tap settings in DJI Fly, and exit the energy-saving mode according to the prompt.
b. Start motors using the remote controller to exit the energy-saving mode.
In energy-saving mode, you can only take photos and record videos, settings and functions about flight are unavailable. Operate based on the prompts in DJI Fly. I hope this helps. Have a great day.
4-21 20:41
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules